Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Hi! Tea snob here! Was so disappointed at Epcot in December to find the tea shop had stopped carrying Prince of Wales loose tins. So sad that I immediately went to the Twinings website where it sells for half the price (of course) and I ended up spending $30. One thing I bought is their cold brew bags. I got gallon sized bags, but they also have single cup size that would go right in your carry on for the ship. They brew in room temp water for 10 minutes and make a darn excellent glass of iced tea. So good, in fact, that I have yet to add sugar to any of my gallons. And I live in Tennessee, so that tells you something! ! Ha. We got the Lady Grey and English Classic. These really would be perfect for tea-aholics who cruise.

Twiningsusa is the website. Retailmenot usually has discount codes. And I think $15 minimum order.

Thank you for standing with me and refusing bad tea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
catislander
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going order the iced tea from Twinings. I'm also addicted to a wonderful hybiscus and mint tea that brews in room temperature water. Might bring some of that and a pitcher.
I'm also going to bring some Stevia too, I'm sure that's not available on board.
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I had no idea so many people were iced tea fanatics. My husband will be happy to hear a lot of the information I've learned in this thread.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

I am also a tea fanatic, that is all I drink. Hot tea in the morning, then brewed iced tea all day. On our last cruise on the Magic, I asked our server on our first night if he could fill up my two 24 oz tumblers full of iced tea at the end of dinner service. He willingly did so with no problem and I kept those tumblers in our fridge for the next day. I drank both tumblers every day and would get them refilled every night in the MDR. Worked out perfectly for me. I also brought along my own Splenda.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Just a hint--those of us who are carrying our own sweeteners on board because DCL's are so bad need to continue to mention that on the comment cards. Maybe they'll eventually get the hint.

My last server said that he has at least one family on each cruise who wants Splenda!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Just a hint--those of us who are carrying our own sweeteners on board because DCL's are so bad need to continue to mention that on the comment cards. Maybe they'll eventually get the hint.

My last server said that he has at least one family on each cruise who wants Splenda!
LOL! I did put that on my comment card last trip! I am so used to resturants not having Splenda that I just carry a ziploc baggie of it in my purse everywhere I go.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Well, if you come to Orlando, stay away from the Taco Bell on 192 down near Disney. I was there about 2 months ago, got me an iced tea and drank it all down. Went back and got myself a refill........and a huge piece of slime hung down out of the nozzle! I can't believe I didn't have food poisoning.

I did notice that McDonalds (at least over here) is putting them in bags first (like the milk bags) because you can see the while rubber hose hanging down. So now, I just get iced tea from there when I am on the go. Taco Bell has me totally freaked out about places not washing the nozzles, lol. Now I try to make my own and dump it over ice as much as possible
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
LOL! I did put that on my comment card last trip! I am so used to resturants not having Splenda that I just carry a ziploc baggie of it in my purse everywhere I go.
I carry it too...but there is a difference between a dozen packs in a baggie and enough for a 2 week cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet
I am also a tea fanatic, that is all I drink. Hot tea in the morning, then brewed iced tea all day. On our last cruise on the Magic, I asked our server on our first night if he could fill up my two 24 oz tumblers full of iced tea at the end of dinner service. He willingly did so with no problem and I kept those tumblers in our fridge for the next day. I drank both tumblers every day and would get them refilled every night in the MDR. Worked out perfectly for me. I also brought along my own Splenda.
I too drink a cup of hot tea in AM & brewed iced tea all day. You are a genius!! I will be asking our asst server to do this in March Yay!!! I will take both of our 24 oz Tervis tumblers and get them filled up!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet

So do we. Mine in my purse, DH's in his camera bag. We put it on our comment cards too!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #26
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Well, if you come to Orlando, stay away from the Taco Bell on 192 down near Disney. I was there about 2 months ago, got me an iced tea and drank it all down. Went back and got myself a refill........and a huge piece of slime hung down out of the nozzle! I can't believe I didn't have food poisoning.

I did notice that McDonalds (at least over here) is putting them in bags first (like the milk bags) because you can see the while rubber hose hanging down. So now, I just get iced tea from there when I am on the go. Taco Bell has me totally freaked out about places not washing the nozzles, lol. Now I try to make my own and dump it over ice as much as possible
That Taco Bell story gave me a chill! Yuck. It's been probably 6+ years since I've been to a TB, but I thought they had nasty Lipton Brisk. I remember resorting to a diet soda instead.

Chick-Fil-A has the best brewed iced tea hands down (disclaimer: I haven't tried many), and Wendy's can be but sometimes it's pretty watered down/weak. I see a lot of people drinking the McDonalds tea, but I've never tried it (I haven't been to a McDonalds in probably 10 years or more & DD has never been!). I'll also go to Dunkin Donuts if I need tea on the go, but sometimes I can taste a faint coffee flavor (yuck).

Isn't it funny how we are about our tea? I remember my Mom bring able to list where the brewed iced tea is and now I can too!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #27
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Bojangles'. Mmmmmmmmm.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #28
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

If I remember right the tea on DCL is unsweetened, and many of us in the south like SWEET TEA. I sweeten it with Sweet n' Low when I can't get sweet tea. I think McD's sweet tea is really good but the best is Sonny's.

1st Cruise 3 night DISNEY DREAM 2/2/12
Trip Report Our First Cruise
WDW: Too many times to count!

BeeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #29
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
Hi! Tea snob here! Was so disappointed at Epcot in December to find the tea shop had stopped carrying Prince of Wales loose tins. So sad that I immediately went to the Twinings website where it sells for half the price (of course) and I ended up spending $30. One thing I bought is their cold brew bags. I got gallon sized bags, but they also have single cup size that would go right in your carry on for the ship. They brew in room temp water for 10 minutes and make a darn excellent glass of iced tea. So good, in fact, that I have yet to add sugar to any of my gallons. And I live in Tennessee, so that tells you something! ! Ha. We got the Lady Grey and English Classic. These really would be perfect for tea-aholics who cruise.

Twiningsusa is the website. Retailmenot usually has discount codes. And I think $15 minimum order.

Thank you for standing with me and refusing bad tea.

I love the Twinings Cold Brew Peppermint tea. It comes in single cup tea bags and is tasty and very refreshing. I order it from Amazon. They also sell cold brew tea in other flavors.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #30
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That Taco Bell story gave me a chill! Yuck. It's been probably 6+ years since I've been to a TB, but I thought they had nasty Lipton Brisk. I remember resorting to a diet soda instead.
I don't generally like TB anyway and expected to have soda fountain tea too. I went because the family wanted to go and was surprised to see the tea container. I was SO SORRY I drank it though! lol

Chik-Fil-A does have great tea as well. But now I am so paranoid wondering if they take the nozzle off and clean it. Panera also has good tea.

I could swear McD used to have the crappy tea. But I love the fact that they use those things, I don't kow what they are called, I call them milk bags. At least I don't have to worry about moldy/slimy nozzles! I dodn't know DunkNDoughnuts (lmao @ spelling) served iced tea. I will have to try!

Panera is good too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: