Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #61
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai

Do you think if the Niners win this year, the MVP'll have the parade the day after the Superbowl? I'd stay an extra day for the parade
The parade will be in San Francisco the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after the game.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #62
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina

The parade will be in San Francisco the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after the game.
Sorry, wrong parade. You're talking about the MVP thing, not the victory parade.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #63
disneyobsessed808
DIS Veteran

We saw Jennifer Connelly once.

Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012 Check out my Nov 2012 Tokyo Trip Report
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder since 2007
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century)
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #64
MAW137
Earning My Ears

I saw Travis Barker from Blink 182 pushing a stroller in front of the castle one day. Last year my sister and I saw Nicholas Cage walk by us and go into the exit for Buzz Lightyear. That was awesome. In December we saw Edward James Olmos by Big Thunder Ranch. He was that night's candlelight narrator.
MAW137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #65
ClosetDisneyJunkie
Mouseketeer

Not at Disneyland but when I was about 12 I saw Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman at Knott's. They are both so tiny, I swear there were probably rollercoasters that they weren't allowed to ride.

They were with the fam, so we left them alone. First time I ever saw celebs though.
ClosetDisneyJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #66
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

Drew Carey
Ryan Stiles
Colin Mochrie
Wayne Brady
...all four riding Grizzling River Rapids together. When they got off, we got autographs. I didn't feel bad bothering them because it was during an ABC Weekend, so they were all technically there for work.

Same trip, George Lopez was in the room next to us GCH.

John Ritter, wife and kid walked (quickly) past us in DCA.

Hugh Hefner and the Dahm triplets - exiting Space Mountain

Paul Pressler -- Haha, does that count? Ha.

And also, as a Seattlite, this is a big deal: Jay Buhner. It was September 12, 2001. (Day after 9/11.) The Mariners were in town to play the Angels on 9/11, but the game was cancelled.

My friends and I were in DL on 9/12 and ran into Jay Buhner and his family. I told my friends to leave them alone, don't ask for pix or autographs. We were in the Indy line behind them. We did say hi and that we were fans though. He seemed to respect that, and kept turning around to talk to US the whole way through the queue! So cool.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #67
FourM's
Mouseketeer

This morning we saw Matthew Lillard (shaggy from scooby doo movies) and family going for a canoe ride. We were two rows behind him.

DVC-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
FourM's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #68
hootey
DIS Veteran

Have seen lots of celebrities at DL. Four years ago, I was walking past the "Smoking Area" near the raft ride to pirate island. A CM stopped me and told he was the interpreter for a group of Japanese business men having a smoke break in the smoking area. I looked towards them when the CM pointed their way, all of them started bowing towards me. The Cm politely asked if I was ????, I said NO, who is ????. He said ???? was an american actor popular on Japanese television and the Japanese gentlemen all thought I was him. He then asked if I would pose for photos with the small group(7 or 8 of them). Hey, what the heck, I am on vacation, so I said so. We had several group pictures and each one wanted individual pictures shaking my hand and standing side by side smiling. All the while, all of them are bowing repeatably and thanking me in broken english. Quite a crowd had gathered around us watching all of this. When this was over the Cm thanked me for my time and quietly told me I should probally go ride the train and get out of the area. My wife(she was laughing the entire time) grabbed me by the arm arm and off we went to the train station. I have no idea who they thought I was but, they took home a lot of pictures of all of us. Had almost the same thing happen in downtown San Fransisco the following year.
hootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #69
cmpeter
DIS Veteran

John Stamos
Dyln McDermott
And, I can't remember his name, but they guy that played the mayor on Spin City.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #70
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootey View Post
Have seen lots of celebrities at DL. Four years ago, I was walking past the "Smoking Area" near the raft ride to pirate island. A CM stopped me and told he was the interpreter for a group of Japanese business men having a smoke break in the smoking area. I looked towards them when the CM pointed their way, all of them started bowing towards me. The Cm politely asked if I was ????, I said NO, who is ????. He said ???? was an american actor popular on Japanese television and the Japanese gentlemen all thought I was him. He then asked if I would pose for photos with the small group(7 or 8 of them). Hey, what the heck, I am on vacation, so I said so. We had several group pictures and each one wanted individual pictures shaking my hand and standing side by side smiling. All the while, all of them are bowing repeatably and thanking me in broken english. Quite a crowd had gathered around us watching all of this. When this was over the Cm thanked me for my time and quietly told me I should probally go ride the train and get out of the area. My wife(she was laughing the entire time) grabbed me by the arm arm and off we went to the train station. I have no idea who they thought I was but, they took home a lot of pictures of all of us. Had almost the same thing happen in downtown San Fransisco the following year.

Post a picture of yourself and we will try to guess
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #71
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Let me state first I am a Boston Celtics fan living in So CALI.

Last year we saw Kobe Bryant and his wife and kids all sit down next to us at Storyteller's. It was lunch on a week day. It was quiet in Storytellers. Not allot of people at all. And none of the guests eating seemed to care one bit. (I didn't, lol).

I saw Evil Dick last summer.

For a long time every time I saw a family/group/crowd with the CM's in the plain vest I figured celebrity. But not anymore. It appears so many families are paying and having private tour CM's for their vacations at DL.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #72
brendahamlincoln
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altheda View Post
I've been to Disneyland 3 times, and each time I've seen a "celebrity"! My first visit I saw Justin Timberlake with Jessica Biel, second visit I saw Joe Manganiello, and last but not least Christian Bale with his family.
ALCIDE AND BATMAN??? That's amazing!!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #73
Stitch35
Mouseketeer

A few years ago I literally bumped into Mel Gibson in New Orleans square (walking and looking at decorations). He was very gracious when I apologized. I didn't realize who he was until my husband pointed it out. Last fall my ds7 and I saw half the cast of "good luck Charlie" on the Matterhorn and "Gabe" smiled and waved at my DS when he shouted his name.
Stitch35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #74
jlima
Beep Beep!

We saw Larry King with his latest wife and two of their kids. They were on the fire truck taking photos with a DL photographer and there was a Plaid with them. We didn't recognize them at first; all I saw was four people on the fire truck and I wanted my family to get on! The plaid stopped us and said no, it was a private tour and that's when DH said hey, that's Larry King. His kids were cute.

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #75
summerw
Mouseketeer

This is soooo not a celebrity, but I was in line for the Haunted Mansion behind Casey from the Bachelor and Bachelor Pad last year--the one that dated that awful Vienna chick. There was one woman between us and I was grinning and trying not to laugh at loud at her as she had makeup drawn on like she'd been drunk when she put it on and she had extensions that were coming out of her hair. She was just a mess. He saw me grinning and he smiled back at me. I had to look away so he didn't continue to think I was smiling at him. :-) No plaid CM with him.
I also happened to be there in Toontown on the day they were filming Modern Family and saw a bunch of the cast. They were filming though, not riding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: