Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran
 
ENSOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 1,031

I have a couple. For dessert: 1 can of diet soda mixed with 1 box of cake mix. Mix your favorite soda flavor with your favorite cake. diet coke with chocolate or white cake with cream soda. Don't remember the pt. value but it serves 12.

Take a bunch of veggies, carrots sliced, broccoi, califlower, and any other. I would purchase the bags of veggies. Saute in a sprayed wok. Pour in 1/2 can of diet cream soda or diet root beer. Cook until you reduce the soda. Makes a glaze on the veggies. 3 pts for the whole wok. (given from my leader)

Take boneless skinless chicken thighs. Sprinkle with seasonings and lightly dust with flour. Pour a little olive oil in skillet. Fry the thighs on both sides, pour chicken broth to cover. Squeeze a lemon on top. Let cook down. Can add capers but I leave them out since the family did not care for them. Makes a great sauce that I serve over angel hair pasta.
__________________



Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
hellow
Mouseketeer
 
hellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 481

The WW Classic Shepherd's Pie is one of my family's favorite and is easy to make.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...recipeId=87591
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran
 
mombrontrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: True North Strong and Free!
Posts: 1,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSOCK View Post
I have a couple. For dessert: 1 can of diet soda mixed with 1 box of cake mix. Mix your favorite soda flavor with your favorite cake. diet coke with chocolate or white cake with cream soda. Don't remember the pt. value but it serves 12.

Take a bunch of veggies, carrots sliced, broccoi, califlower, and any other. I would purchase the bags of veggies. Saute in a sprayed wok. Pour in 1/2 can of diet cream soda or diet root beer. Cook until you reduce the soda. Makes a glaze on the veggies. 3 pts for the whole wok. (given from my leader)

Take boneless skinless chicken thighs. Sprinkle with seasonings and lightly dust with flour. Pour a little olive oil in skillet. Fry the thighs on both sides, pour chicken broth to cover. Squeeze a lemon on top. Let cook down. Can add capers but I leave them out since the family did not care for them. Makes a great sauce that I serve over angel hair pasta.
Oh no it sounds like your murdering those poor veggies with that diet popI can't imagine how this would actually taste good
__________________
Me DH DS13 DD10 DD6
mombrontrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellow View Post
The WW Classic Shepherd's Pie is one of my family's favorite and is easy to make.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...recipeId=87591
This looks so good, but I despise ground turkey-something about the texture. I wonder how it would change the points if I used 90% lean ground beef or TVP instead....
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~




aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran
 
ENSOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 1,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Oh no it sounds like your murdering those poor veggies with that diet popI can't imagine how this would actually taste good
As I stated this came from my leader. She cooks it all the time and tops her baked potatos, salad and just uses it if she does not have alot of points left. I have made it and it was good. My kids even liked it. Sorry if it does not meet your taste.
__________________



Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

 
badblackpug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,086

For those of you that like sweets try their "chocolate and vanilla meringues.'



I add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
__________________
badblackpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
hellow
Mouseketeer
 
hellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
This looks so good, but I despise ground turkey-something about the texture. I wonder how it would change the points if I used 90% lean ground beef or TVP instead....
I hate ground turkey too, so I substitute lean ground beef. It adds about 1 PPV per serving. If you have the recipe builder access, you can verify how much it adds depending upon what % lean meat you use.
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #23
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran
 
mombrontrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: True North Strong and Free!
Posts: 1,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSOCK View Post
As I stated this came from my leader. She cooks it all the time and tops her baked potatos, salad and just uses it if she does not have alot of points left. I have made it and it was good. My kids even liked it. Sorry if it does not meet your taste.
Sorry I guess it sounded quite rude. I guess I should have the additude "don't knock it till you try it".
__________________
Me DH DS13 DD10 DD6
mombrontrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellow View Post
I hate ground turkey too, so I substitute lean ground beef. It adds about 1 PPV per serving. If you have the recipe builder access, you can verify how much it adds depending upon what % lean meat you use.
Thanks! Lean ground beef is definitely worth the extra point! I haven't yet used the recipe builder-thanks for the reminder!!

I'm thinking of trying the au gratin potatoes over the weekend. I prefer sweet potatoes over white ones. I wonder if that would taste good au gratin....
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~




aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans
 
Bella the Ball 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
has anyone tried the black been brownies? the reviews are good. i may give those a try this week!
They are okay but I like these better


2C boiling water
1 pkg BC LF brownie mis
2 C All Bran
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs mini chocolate chips

Put boiling water over the All bran and let steep till it looks swampy(my best description) about 5 minutes. Add brownie mix and baking soda mix and then fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 until done about 20 minutes.

VERy low points. I do the older WW so my point value is lower than the ones they use now but they are 2 pts on the old one. Basically because of the fiber. My MIL makes them in cupcake pans and freezes them and uses them as muffins.
__________________
Bella the Ball 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #26
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran
 
Luv Bunnies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 5,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSOCK View Post
Take a bunch of veggies, carrots sliced, broccoi, califlower, and any other. I would purchase the bags of veggies. Saute in a sprayed wok. Pour in 1/2 can of diet cream soda or diet root beer. Cook until you reduce the soda. Makes a glaze on the veggies. 3 pts for the whole wok. (given from my leader)
If veggies are zero points and you're only adding diet soda, where do the 3 points come from? As long as you're not using starchy vegetables, wouldn't this be a free dish? That's how I would count it, or am I missing something?
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

 
badblackpug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
Thanks! Lean ground beef is definitely worth the extra point! I haven't yet used the recipe builder-thanks for the reminder!!

I'm thinking of trying the au gratin potatoes over the weekend. I prefer sweet potatoes over white ones. I wonder if that would taste good au gratin....
95%- 96% lean, ground beef is 3 points per 3 oz.
__________________
badblackpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,419

i made the Chicken Marsala recipe (from online) tonight. it was SO good! and it was only 5 points!
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
tar heel
Where will we get our news if we lose The Daily Show and Colbert Report?
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,423

I also hate ground turkery and use lean ground meat a couple times a week. For the most part, I try to cook regular meals for my family and just lighten them up and compute the points. We had vegetable soup for dinner - 5 points. We're having spaghetti with meat sauce and whole wheat pasta tomorrow night.

One of my favorite WW recipes is from about 30 years ago (really!) and has had to be adjusted as the program has changed. It is delicious and satisfying. Here's my current version:

Vegetable Quesadillas - 9 points for two
2 medium flour tortillas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 ounce pepper jack cheese
Chopped tomatoes, green pepper and sweet onions sprinkled with cumin and/or cilantro.
Heap vegetables (as many as will fit -- gotta make it filling) on tortillas and top with cheese. Coat a skillet with the oil and fry the tortillas on each side until golden brown. I use a fork to hold the two halves together until the cheese starts melting.
tar heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
tar heel
Where will we get our news if we lose The Daily Show and Colbert Report?
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,423

Not a recipe, but the Snackwells cinnamon caramel corn is as good as the overpriced treats sold at the meetings. It's three points and worth every one of them if you get a sweet craving.
tar heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.