Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

I have a couple. For dessert: 1 can of diet soda mixed with 1 box of cake mix. Mix your favorite soda flavor with your favorite cake. diet coke with chocolate or white cake with cream soda. Don't remember the pt. value but it serves 12.

Take a bunch of veggies, carrots sliced, broccoi, califlower, and any other. I would purchase the bags of veggies. Saute in a sprayed wok. Pour in 1/2 can of diet cream soda or diet root beer. Cook until you reduce the soda. Makes a glaze on the veggies. 3 pts for the whole wok. (given from my leader)

Take boneless skinless chicken thighs. Sprinkle with seasonings and lightly dust with flour. Pour a little olive oil in skillet. Fry the thighs on both sides, pour chicken broth to cover. Squeeze a lemon on top. Let cook down. Can add capers but I leave them out since the family did not care for them. Makes a great sauce that I serve over angel hair pasta.

Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
hellow
Mouseketeer

The WW Classic Shepherd's Pie is one of my family's favorite and is easy to make.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...recipeId=87591
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENSOCK View Post
I have a couple. For dessert: 1 can of diet soda mixed with 1 box of cake mix. Mix your favorite soda flavor with your favorite cake. diet coke with chocolate or white cake with cream soda. Don't remember the pt. value but it serves 12.

Take a bunch of veggies, carrots sliced, broccoi, califlower, and any other. I would purchase the bags of veggies. Saute in a sprayed wok. Pour in 1/2 can of diet cream soda or diet root beer. Cook until you reduce the soda. Makes a glaze on the veggies. 3 pts for the whole wok. (given from my leader)

Take boneless skinless chicken thighs. Sprinkle with seasonings and lightly dust with flour. Pour a little olive oil in skillet. Fry the thighs on both sides, pour chicken broth to cover. Squeeze a lemon on top. Let cook down. Can add capers but I leave them out since the family did not care for them. Makes a great sauce that I serve over angel hair pasta.
Oh no it sounds like your murdering those poor veggies with that diet popI can't imagine how this would actually taste good
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellow View Post
The WW Classic Shepherd's Pie is one of my family's favorite and is easy to make.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...recipeId=87591
This looks so good, but I despise ground turkey-something about the texture. I wonder how it would change the points if I used 90% lean ground beef or TVP instead....

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Oh no it sounds like your murdering those poor veggies with that diet popI can't imagine how this would actually taste good
As I stated this came from my leader. She cooks it all the time and tops her baked potatos, salad and just uses it if she does not have alot of points left. I have made it and it was good. My kids even liked it. Sorry if it does not meet your taste.

Tina
ENSOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

For those of you that like sweets try their "chocolate and vanilla meringues.'

I add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
hellow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
This looks so good, but I despise ground turkey-something about the texture. I wonder how it would change the points if I used 90% lean ground beef or TVP instead....
I hate ground turkey too, so I substitute lean ground beef. It adds about 1 PPV per serving. If you have the recipe builder access, you can verify how much it adds depending upon what % lean meat you use.
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #23
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As I stated this came from my leader. She cooks it all the time and tops her baked potatos, salad and just uses it if she does not have alot of points left. I have made it and it was good. My kids even liked it. Sorry if it does not meet your taste.
Sorry I guess it sounded quite rude. I guess I should have the additude "don't knock it till you try it".
Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellow View Post
I hate ground turkey too, so I substitute lean ground beef. It adds about 1 PPV per serving. If you have the recipe builder access, you can verify how much it adds depending upon what % lean meat you use.
Thanks! Lean ground beef is definitely worth the extra point! I haven't yet used the recipe builder-thanks for the reminder!!

I'm thinking of trying the au gratin potatoes over the weekend. I prefer sweet potatoes over white ones. I wonder if that would taste good au gratin....

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
has anyone tried the black been brownies? the reviews are good. i may give those a try this week!
They are okay but I like these better

2C boiling water
1 pkg BC LF brownie mis
2 C All Bran
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs mini chocolate chips

Put boiling water over the All bran and let steep till it looks swampy(my best description) about 5 minutes. Add brownie mix and baking soda mix and then fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 until done about 20 minutes.

VERy low points. I do the older WW so my point value is lower than the ones they use now but they are 2 pts on the old one. Basically because of the fiber. My MIL makes them in cupcake pans and freezes them and uses them as muffins.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #26
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If veggies are zero points and you're only adding diet soda, where do the 3 points come from? As long as you're not using starchy vegetables, wouldn't this be a free dish? That's how I would count it, or am I missing something?
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
Thanks! Lean ground beef is definitely worth the extra point! I haven't yet used the recipe builder-thanks for the reminder!!

I'm thinking of trying the au gratin potatoes over the weekend. I prefer sweet potatoes over white ones. I wonder if that would taste good au gratin....
95%- 96% lean, ground beef is 3 points per 3 oz.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i made the Chicken Marsala recipe (from online) tonight. it was SO good! and it was only 5 points!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
tar heel
Where will we get our news if we lose The Daily Show and Colbert Report?

I also hate ground turkery and use lean ground meat a couple times a week. For the most part, I try to cook regular meals for my family and just lighten them up and compute the points. We had vegetable soup for dinner - 5 points. We're having spaghetti with meat sauce and whole wheat pasta tomorrow night.

One of my favorite WW recipes is from about 30 years ago (really!) and has had to be adjusted as the program has changed. It is delicious and satisfying. Here's my current version:

Vegetable Quesadillas - 9 points for two
2 medium flour tortillas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 ounce pepper jack cheese
Chopped tomatoes, green pepper and sweet onions sprinkled with cumin and/or cilantro.
Heap vegetables (as many as will fit -- gotta make it filling) on tortillas and top with cheese. Coat a skillet with the oil and fry the tortillas on each side until golden brown. I use a fork to hold the two halves together until the cheese starts melting.
tar heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
tar heel
Where will we get our news if we lose The Daily Show and Colbert Report?

Not a recipe, but the Snackwells cinnamon caramel corn is as good as the overpriced treats sold at the meetings. It's three points and worth every one of them if you get a sweet craving.
tar heel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: