Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Favorite Weight Watchers Recipes?

I've been on WW for 3 weeks now trying to lose my baby weight, & have really been enjoying the recipes I've been finding. I was never much of a cook until I started WW!

Anyone else on Weight Watchers? Could you share your favorite recipes?

Here are my favorites so far:
Parmesan breaded chicken cutlets=4 points per serving
http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-wa...cutlets-185342

Mexican Casserole=6.5 points per serving
http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-c...-points-135814

Slow Cooker Brisket with Carmelized Onions=8 points for 6 oz
http://www.ryanbakes.com/2011/03/slo...sket-with.html
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,496

are you using the online program? i've gotten a lot of recipes from there.

i'm cooking for DH (not picky) and two picky kids.

our favorites have included the Baked Beef Ziti, Baked Mac & Cheese with broccoli, and Chili Beef Tacos.

our absolute favorite so far is the Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken. my DD even asked me to make it again within a week!
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
are you using the online program? i've gotten a lot of recipes from there.

i'm cooking for DH (not picky) and two picky kids.

our favorites have included the Baked Beef Ziti, Baked Mac & Cheese with broccoli, and Chili Beef Tacos.

our absolute favorite so far is the Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken. my DD even asked me to make it again within a week!
Yes, I have an online subscription (no time to go to meetings between work & baby) & so far I am really enjoying it.

I've been looking around at the recipes on there as well, but there are so many it's a bit difficult to choose!!

That's why I thought I'd see what other peoples' favorites are.

Ooh that chicken sounds delicious-I will definitely have to look that one up! May I ask you what side you served the chicken with? I am thinking maybe some collard greens...

The baked mac & cheese as well! I am loving WW-who would have thought you can eat baked mac & cheese-that's my ultimate comfort food!

Anyone else have some favorites to share?
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
Ooh that chicken sounds delicious-I will definitely have to look that one up! May I ask you what side you served the chicken with? I am thinking maybe some collard greens...
i usually just pick some veggies and keep it simple.

my baby is 19 months old, so it was definitely time for me to do something about the baby weight! i really like the WW program. i have a major sweet tooth, so i love that i can work that into my daily points. i also run five days a week, which earns me extra points!

i've actually started keeping the recipes we like in a notebook. if a recipe gets a "thumbs down," i toss it.

the Baked Chocolate, Cherry and Almond Wontons are really good too! i'm going to try the apple/pear crisp that keeps popping up too.
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i usually just pick some veggies and keep it simple.

my baby is 19 months old, so it was definitely time for me to do something about the baby weight! i really like the WW program. i have a major sweet tooth, so i love that i can work that into my daily points. i also run five days a week, which earns me extra points!

i've actually started keeping the recipes we like in a notebook. if a recipe gets a "thumbs down," i toss it.

the Baked Chocolate, Cherry and Almond Wontons are really good too! i'm going to try the apple/pear crisp that keeps popping up too.
I haven't ventured into any of the dessert recipes yet, but I plan to soon. I have more of a "salty tooth" I guess (my weakness is pizza and comfort food), but I love dark chocolate. My favorite dessert has actually been a Kashi dark chocolate & coconut granola bar-it's really good!

Keeping a notebook for recipes is a great idea-thanks for the tip

I had high hopes of losing this baby weight during my maternity leave, but having a baby at the end of September is soooo bad for dieting-apple pies in the Fall, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, Christmas & Hanukkah feasts (we celebrate both & both have delicious feasts attached to them!), chinese food on New Years. Finally, I gave up and decided to start after the New Year. It's much more doable now & I've been able to stick to WW pretty easily.

Kudos to you for exercising so much! That has definitely been my downfall. It's been so darn cold and snowy here, I've been lazy...... hopefully I'll get motivated soon. I exercised a ton when I was pregnant, need to get back into that.
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
hellow
Mouseketeer
 
hellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 481

This is a great thread. I have been doing WW for a few months (but my "babies" are in their 20's ) My goal for this week was to try some new recipes to add some variety to our meals. If I come across any that are really great I will add them, but I just wanted to thank you, OP, for starting the thread!
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #7
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran
 
Luv Bunnies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 5,854

I don't tend to follow recipes, but I have come up with some low-point meals that I like. Tonight I sautéed (with cooking spray) a bag of fresh veggies, added 8 shrimps, and poured it over 1 cup of whole wheat pasta. I sprinkled it with 1 tbsp. of shredded parmesan cheese.

I've also found lot of ways to use whole wheat pitas. They are either 3 or 4 points for the whole pita, depending on the brand. For breakfast, I make an omelet out of 3/4 cup of egg substitute. I spread the pita with low-fat Laughing Cow cheese, or melt some low-fat shredded cheese on it before adding the omelet and folding it into a sandwich. I also make them into "pizzas" by adding sauce, low-fat cheese, and chopped veggies.

My favorite lunch lately is a pita with Laughing Cow cheese and sliced tomato.
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!
 
cepmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,447

I find a lot of great recipes on www.skinnytaste.com
Lately I have been making their Stuffed Pepper Soup..so good! Only 3 PPV for 1 cup. I also made buffalo stuffed chicken from skinnytaste that was really good, using laughing cow cheese.
__________________
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 740

I have just started back on WW and need to expand my recipes so this thread is great.

Does anyone have a good take along breakfast that can be made ahead of time, be good for a few hours when I finally get a chance to eat it and doesnt really need to be heated?
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,496

has anyone tried the black been brownies? the reviews are good. i may give those a try this week!
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr View Post
I have just started back on WW and need to expand my recipes so this thread is great.

Does anyone have a good take along breakfast that can be made ahead of time, be good for a few hours when I finally get a chance to eat it and doesnt really need to be heated?
I know this is a cop out breakfast, but I've honestly been eating the WW turkey sausage, egg, & cheese sandwiches for breakfast during the week. Between getting the baby up, fed, & ready for daycare & getting myself ready in the morning, I have just enough time to pop that in the microwave and eat it in the car on my way to work. I actually really like the taste of them. On the weekends, I often make my own egg sandwiches with the WW english muffins-they are really low in points. I'm considering making some sort of mini quiches that I can make ahead of time & just heat up in the morning-these look pretty good:
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...ecipeid=339391

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
has anyone tried the black been brownies? the reviews are good. i may give those a try this week!
I've actually tried these! My DH hated them, but I thought they were really good with cool whip frosting on top!
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
I find a lot of great recipes on www.skinnytaste.com
Lately I have been making their Stuffed Pepper Soup..so good! Only 3 PPV for 1 cup. I also made buffalo stuffed chicken from skinnytaste that was really good, using laughing cow cheese.
Ooh I want to make the buffalo stuffed chicken-thanks for sharing that site!
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
hellow
Mouseketeer
 
hellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
I've been on WW for 3 weeks now trying to lose my baby weight, & have really been enjoying the recipes I've been finding. I was never much of a cook until I started WW!

Anyone else on Weight Watchers? Could you share your favorite recipes?

Here are my favorites so far:
Parmesan breaded chicken cutlets=4 points per serving
http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-wa...cutlets-185342

Mexican Casserole=6.5 points per serving
http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-c...-points-135814

Slow Cooker Brisket with Carmelized Onions=8 points for 6 oz
http://www.ryanbakes.com/2011/03/slo...sket-with.html
Tried the Mexican Casserole tonight and it was YUMMY!
hellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #14
aristocatz
DIS Veteran
 
aristocatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellow View Post
Tried the Mexican Casserole tonight and it was YUMMY!
Ooh, I'm glad I could spread the word about it-wasn't it delicious?? It honestly did not taste "Weight Watcher-y" at all!

Just an added tip, I served ours topped off with shredded lettuce, salsa, a dollop of lowfat sour cream, and some sliced jalapenos-it really made the dish! Sorta like a taco salad
__________________
~*~Married at the Disney Swan in 2011~*~











aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #15
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -
 
Allison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12,035

I have been making the augratin potatoes since I was a member years ago. My family loves them. I usually add diced ham to the recipe.
__________________
LIFE IS GOOD
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.