Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Fantasmic lines

I've been to WDW almost 30 times but I've only seen Fantasmic once, maybe twice. I've purposely avoided it in recent years because my kids were small, but we're thinking they may enjoy it now. What's the deal with the long lines? If you walk up late, do you get a bad seat or no seat? I'm not willing to wait in that line for 45+ minutes or eat dinner in HS (favorites are excluded from promotion anyway) to see the show that never interested me that much. If I can walk up late and get a seat in the far top corner or whatever I'll be happy. So... Would we get a bad seat or no seat?

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1011
I've been to WDW almost 30 times but I've only seen Fantasmic once, maybe twice. I've purposely avoided it in recent years because my kids were small, but we're thinking they may enjoy it now. What's the deal with the long lines? If you walk up late, do you get a bad seat or no seat? I'm not willing to wait in that line for 45+ minutes or eat dinner in HS (favorites are excluded from promotion anyway) to see the show that never interested me that much. If I can walk up late and get a seat in the far top corner or whatever I'll be happy. So... Would we get a bad seat or no seat?
You can get there about 30 minutes before show time and still get great seats. They fill the stadium according to sections beginning with the center sections. When those are mostly full, they open up the next section and so on. You can stand at the top where the line of CMs stand and then get seated in the newly opened section. DD performs in Fant and we have always been able to get seats in the front of the very last section so that she can "find" us as the Steamboat comes around!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

It's an amphitheatre, so technically there are no bad seats.

It depends on the day that you are there. It does sell out completely on some days. We do the Dining Package, and arrive a little more than 30 min. before show time. We have been there on several days when the gates have closed early (even SRO was full). And this was during value season, with quite low crowd predictions.

Bottom line- if seeing the show is important to you, I would advise getting there somewhat earlier than 30 min before the show. If you are OK with the possibility of being turned away, go for a later arrival.

And if there is a second showing that evening, go to that one.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Okay, thanks. Maybe I should add we're going in July, a busy time, too.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

I love that show but hate that line. We also go in July so I know exactly what you mean....that line is brutal! We noticed last year that about 1/2 hour prior to the show (1st showing of the night) they announced that it would be standing room only for anyone else joining the line. The 2nd showing of the night seemed to be a better choice as the line didn't seem as long and when we went for a 2nd showing (even after the 1st show was cancelled that night mid-way through due to technical difficulties) there were seats left in the theater. My suggestion to avoid the line would be to either do the dining package (which you said you didn't care for) or the try the 2nd show of the evening.

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas

P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
got2sammies
Mouseketeer

The lines do start forming early... At least for the first show and even the second show... I have come out of the first show and the line for the second show was all the way down the street! But there are really no bad seats and it does hold a lot of people.. Plan on the second show and getting in line 30-45 minutes before hand. Heck in July if they need it they may add a third show...I would stay with your family while in line because it is very hard to find them once they are seated..And if they get seated and you ride a ride and the theater is full they will NOT let you in! I had to sneak in one time.. you thought I was breaking in to Fort Knox! They do sell drinks and snacks in the theater and glow light up thingys.. If you can bring something to entertain the kiddies while you are waiting.. Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
pxydst
Mouseketeer

where does the line start?? is it obvious??
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

If I will have a GAC due to being significantly visually impaired as far as distance is concerned... what do I do? Have DH stand in line and then find a CM and explain it to them?

NicPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
where does the line start?? is it obvious??

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: