Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
MomToPirate&Princess
Mouseketeer

We ate there once for my princess lover. The food was ok. To me not worth the price. Princess interaction was fine, but was not more detailed than a regular Meet N Greet.

Now that you can fast pass some of the princesses at MK and not have to wait in a long line for a visit, I would recommend meeting princesses at MK and at World Showcase in Epcot and save my money for other meals.
MomToPirate&Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #17
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

It is totally worth it! We did breakfast there the last two years. The food was fantastic and the character interaction was too. We love it so much we are doing it again this year! To be honest my kids don't eat much when we are there. They were too excited about meeting the princesses. That's ok because DH are enough for all of us! Lol
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

I didn't care for it. At all.

Princess interaction was lacking. (We had far better experiences 2x at CRT)

Food wasn't very good.

Tables too crowded/loud/etc

Plus though was the portrait with Belle, my fav princess
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Husband and I brought our 3 year old granddaughter last year. Husband did not like the food at all. I enjoyed the cold buffet that had smoked Salmon, shrimp,and assorted cheeses, deli meats, salads and breads. No mac and cheese on the children's menu and really nothing that appealed to granddaughter except, of course, all the Princesses. She marched in the parade and had the best time. I would go again with my granddaughter but will spare my husband next time around

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

I talked my husband into giving breakfast a try. We have no kids and still got the complementary photo with Belle. The princesses we wonderful and gave us plenty attention even without kids. If at all possible it is fun to get a reservation before the park opens. The park looks so different empty. The food was very good. I enjoyed the cold buffet. The hot food is more traditional breakfast items.
Donna in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #21
partigus
Mouseketeer

It's a solid value for 1 credit...Funny story (sort of). Last year we went during the summer and for the first time in years not on a dining plan. It was pouring and we had to "hole up" in the outdoor seating for the bakery in Norway. After in finally stopped it was dinner time. The courtyard in front of Akerhaus (sp) normally packed- was deserted. I thought to myself...Hey thei place is a great value- lets see if we can get in. And we did. Although it quickly dawned on me it's a great value for 1 TS credit. The meal for our family of five (wife, 10, 6,6,) was over $250!

So...was it a $250 meal...no. But it WAS the best meal I'd ever had there. the chefs special Cod entree- while not as large as I'd have liked- was actually one of the best dishes I had all week! You still need to be carefull with your order though.

Norway is nice for the number of princesses...If you would prefer a buffet- I'd suggest 1900 park fare at the GF- you get Cinderella nd Prince Charming...AND the stepsisters- possibly some of the best characters on site!
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #22
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Worth it for a princess lover: YES. The food at lunch isn't that good, but breakfast is just normal breakfast food, eggs, bacon etc. As others have said, I would vote for going to breakfast.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #23
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

We love Akershus for many reasons. DH and I love it for the food (as do our kids). We use the dining plan, so it's a nice alternative to CRT where it takes two credits and Akershus only requires one. You get a similar castle feel and you see all of the princesses with the photo package included. The character interaction has always been good as well. Surprisingly, my girls prefer Akershus to CRT (and we do too).

We've eaten dinner there several times and have always loved our meal. They have a nice cold buffet prior to your meal arriving. It has a variety of meats (ham, turkey, salmon, peel-n-eat shrimp), breads, cheeses, assorted salads (tuna, chicken, regular, pasta, etc), and fruit. Every entree we've ordered has been delicious, and nothing has been "fancy" as you were worried about. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the food. Akershus is one of our top favorite restaurants.

You will have to pay for your son's meal if you order him an entree. He can eat off of your plate or get a plate from the cold buffet, but if you order him a separate entree, you will have to pay for that. That is the procedure for any WDW restaurant. Kids under three may eat off the buffet or your plate at no additional charge. There will be plenty for him to eat off the buffet and your plate, though, so you should be fine. We've done this before with our youngest and it worked out fine.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: