Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #61
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,443

Iím so happy someone agrees with the turkey legs being gross!! They look absolutely disgusting to me, Iím sure they might be tasty, but I will probably never try one, ugh.

Yum! Gelato is so tasty! I live literally right behind a shop and in summer its like, an every day thing!

Aw man, that caramel shop is just too much sometimes, Iíve actually never gotten anything from inside there, everything looks so good I just canít pick just one! Haha!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #62
chelle050608
Earning My Ears
 
chelle050608's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hilliard,FL
Posts: 14

Interesting Tr.

I am really enjoying following your TR so far. love all the pictures.
__________________
Michelle






chelle050608 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #63
MickeyManda
Open up your heart and let the memories begin!
 
MickeyManda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 7

Joining in!! I just caught up on your posts and it sounds like you guys have had a great time so far! I've always wanted to eat around the world but I think I'd full too fast. But it's definitely on my Disney bucket list- I wish Canada had a quick service restaurant so I could eat at all 11 countries but unfortunately they don't I also agree with you on those turkey legs, they're so popular but I've never had the desire to try one, they seem gross.

Can't wait to read more!
__________________
Princess Amanda <3
We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do(:

I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong.
"Disney will be there waiting for you no matter what." ♥
MickeyManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #64
pegrad1
Earning My Ears
 
pegrad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 62

Thanks for the TR & all of the great pics! Now if I can just figure out how to find it later so I can continue the fun journey you have us on!
We don't have Jet Blue as an option here so I prefer Southwest as we pretty much have the rest of the major airlines as options. I LOVE the free baggage! I always get the Early Bird option so we can board early & pick whatever seats we want. We got our return flight for only $84.60 with United! That one had me totally stoked! But add that $25 luggage fee, still nothing to complain about. $126 on Southwest for the trip out there.
So happy to hear you had a little sprinkle of pixie dust when it came to your wait for the Character Meet & Greet! As it should be, but you just never know if they care enough to step up & say something. Good for you!
As we are getting ready to start watching the Super Bowl & eat, eat, eat, your post has gotten me hungry! Thanks a lot!
Have a great night & thanks again for taking the time to share with us!
__________________



pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #65
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
I just love all the pictures from World Showcase! I LOVE the World Showcase. I'm always afraid that perhaps I've taken too many pictures of it. (Of course, that wasn't a problem on this last trip of mine! haha) But, you're pics in this installment have me decided that you can never have too many pics of WS!
Aw thanks! I enjoyed the World showcase too. It's so pretty, I just kinda wish there was more to each country. I LOVE pictures so in my book there are never too many. I've been trying to only pick the best to show you guys on here cause I don't want to bore you to death. I have 3000+ pictures from this trip! My iphoto library has 14,000 pictures from the past 2 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Iím so happy someone agrees with the turkey legs being gross!! They look absolutely disgusting to me, Iím sure they might be tasty, but I will probably never try one, ugh.

Yum! Gelato is so tasty! I live literally right behind a shop and in summer its like, an every day thing!

Aw man, that caramel shop is just too much sometimes, Iíve actually never gotten anything from inside there, everything looks so good I just canít pick just one! Haha!
They definitely smell like they would be tasty but I just can't ever bring myself to eat one. They just look too gross to me! This was the first time I've had gelato actually! It was definitely good. If I had a place close to me, I would definitely gain so much weight

That caramel shop is definitely DANGEROUS. Capital letters 100 percent warranted. I really wanted absolutely everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle050608 View Post
I am really enjoying following your TR so far. love all the pictures.
Aw thank you so much! I'm really glad you're here and enjoying it!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyManda View Post
Joining in!! I just caught up on your posts and it sounds like you guys have had a great time so far! I've always wanted to eat around the world but I think I'd full too fast. But it's definitely on my Disney bucket list- I wish Canada had a quick service restaurant so I could eat at all 11 countries but unfortunately they don't I also agree with you on those turkey legs, they're so popular but I've never had the desire to try one, they seem gross.

Can't wait to read more!
Yay glad to have you here! It was definitely filling but we split one of everything which made it more manageable. Plus we spent a lot of time character stalking between snacks

Looking back on it, we did miss the UK and Canada in our snacking around the world which is disappointing. But 9 out of 11 is still close right?

Yeah, I really don't think I'll ever try one of the turkey legs.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll be updating again soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pegrad1 View Post
Thanks for the TR & all of the great pics! Now if I can just figure out how to find it later so I can continue the fun journey you have us on!
We don't have Jet Blue as an option here so I prefer Southwest as we pretty much have the rest of the major airlines as options. I LOVE the free baggage! I always get the Early Bird option so we can board early & pick whatever seats we want. We got our return flight for only $84.60 with United! That one had me totally stoked! But add that $25 luggage fee, still nothing to complain about. $126 on Southwest for the trip out there.
So happy to hear you had a little sprinkle of pixie dust when it came to your wait for the Character Meet & Greet! As it should be, but you just never know if they care enough to step up & say something. Good for you!
As we are getting ready to start watching the Super Bowl & eat, eat, eat, your post has gotten me hungry! Thanks a lot!
Have a great night & thanks again for taking the time to share with us!
So glad to have you here! Thank you so much for the kind words

To keep up with threads you like, each thread has an option at the top on the right that says thread tools and you can subscribe to the thread! There's options to get email notifications too or you can do no email notification and go to your user CP and it will show you when they're updated! I don't know if that makes sense but I hope it helps lol.

$84 is definitely a good flight dealI'd love to try Southwest but it always seems to be more expensive for me But Jetblue generally has flights from here to Orlando for $90 a way as long as you'll travel at odd times and in the middle of the week which works for me!

I was so grateful to the CM at the Mulan M&G. We had already waited a while so it would have been sad to to be at the end of the line but it's definitely a sticky situation for a CM to mediate.

Hahaha at least it made you hungry on an eating occasion! We were expecting to have more people over than we did so we have SO MUCH food leftover. Although I have food forever now so I guess that's ok

Have a great night as well. I'm really enjoying sharing my TR and I'm so glad to have you enjoying it as well
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #66
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,255

Real Life Update: My Birthday!


So today I turn 23! Yikes

Yesterday, Dbf took me shopping and out to eat for my birthday!


20130204_200808 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

The result: new friends!


20130204_203445 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

In honor of me being 23, I thought I'd share with you how I'm really 5 at heart so here is my bed:


IMG_20130202_232514 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


20130202_232316 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


20130202_232311 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

My collection currently holds 44 stuffed animals, 16 pillows and the 5 foot teddy bear! I'm just a little ridiculous

Anyway, my mom and dad took me out to lunch and my dad is making my favorite (stuffed peppers!) for my family to come over in a bit so maybe I'll have time to post an update before then!


__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #67
MickeyManda
Open up your heart and let the memories begin!
 
MickeyManda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 7

Happy birthday!!

I LOVE your collection!
__________________
Princess Amanda <3
We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do(:

I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong.
"Disney will be there waiting for you no matter what." ♥
MickeyManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #68
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,443

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you got some good shopping done, I definitely bought myself some Victoria's Secret yesterday too!!

Hope you have a good one! And hey, don't worry, 23's not that bad!!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #69
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyManda View Post
Happy birthday!!

I LOVE your collection!

Thank you so much! I enjoy it too but people tend to tell me I'm crazy


Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you got some good shopping done, I definitely bought myself some Victoria's Secret yesterday too!!

Hope you have a good one! And hey, don't worry, 23's not that bad!!
Thank youu! I love Victoria's Secret! I hate how expensive it can be though! I originally picked out a hoodie from PINK until I saw it was $97
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #70
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,255

Epcot part 7


So when we left off, we were in Germany with a caramel brownie.


DSCN0343 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0344 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0345 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0346 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

At this point it was 4:50 and I knew Snow White would be coming out at 5:20 so we sat and ate our caramel brownie and waited until we saw the line forming and then jumped on!

At 5:28 it was our turn to meet her!


Photo0160FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0163FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr
I don't really remember what we talked to her about but I guess we were amused!


Photo0167FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

While we were doing that, Presley was in Mexico meeting another friend!


Photo0146FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0152FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0157FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Since we had now explored the ENTIRE WS and almost snacked around the world (9 out of 11: we skipped the UK and Canada!), we decided to meet up with Jen, Rick and Presley in Norway before heading back to future world.


DSCN0348 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0350 by RN Courtney, on Flickr
What a cutie!

We decided to sit and rest a bit in the seating area in Norway while they went on Maelstorm. After they came back, they set out to finish the WS and we headed back to Future World.


Photo0170FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr
Of course we stopped for photopass photographers with the most AWESOME photographers. There were 2 of them and they were so happy and entertaining that they made our night.


Photo0176FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We had some characters to meet!


DSCN0360 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0181FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0184FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0361 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0188FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0367 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0368 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


DSCN0369 by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0192FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr


Photo0199FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After we had our fun with the characters, we headed over to Fountainview Ice Cream, which is attached to the temporary character spot and split a double chocolate chip cookie dough!

__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #71
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran
 
purpledisneyprncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 784

Loving your trip report!! Very cute how you have such a big stuffed animal collection! Must be a pain though if you make your bed every morning to arrange all the stuffed animals, mine would just be thrown all over the floor.

PS- I saw that you enjoyed the nachos at the QS in Mexico (La Cantina I think is the name) and then the kefta in Morroco. Both of those 2 countries, IMO had the yummiest food. I got a falafel in Morroco, and then chicken tacos in Mexico and loved them both!!
purpledisneyprncess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #72
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer
 
ILGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 126

Enjoying your report. Maybe it's because I'm also a five year old inside.

Did you find that the characters were receptive to an adult with an autograph book? I'm going solo in September and I'm suuuper timid about going up to the characters. As a kid, it was out of the question, and now as an adult, I still get scared. I thought maybe if I had an autograph book, I would have a mission and force myself to go to characters.
__________________
Lots of trips as a kid YC CBR FW POR offsite... 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo - 2013 ASMo AofA - 2014 Pop CSR Pop

ILGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #73
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

Love all your pictures! DH and I are definitely going to take advantage of our photopass. Last year we didn't intend on doing it until we got there and saw what pictures we got. This year, we know in advance, and don't want to use it JUST for characters.

Also, your snacking idea, I LOVE. I think we'll do it one day , actually. (Blatantly idea stealing.... oops. )
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #74
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
Enjoying your report. Maybe it's because I'm also a five year old inside.

Did you find that the characters were receptive to an adult with an autograph book? I'm going solo in September and I'm suuuper timid about going up to the characters. As a kid, it was out of the question, and now as an adult, I still get scared. I thought maybe if I had an autograph book, I would have a mission and force myself to go to characters.
You weren't asking me ... but!
Most characters were GREAT to Dh and I when we went without kids. A few had very plain encounters. But most were great. ^_^ I was nervous too- ESPECIALLY ON FUR CHARACTERS. Face, I can talk to. Fur, I didn't know what the heck to do.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #75
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer
 
ILGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
You weren't asking me ... but!
Most characters were GREAT to Dh and I when we went without kids. A few had very plain encounters. But most were great. ^_^ I was nervous too- ESPECIALLY ON FUR CHARACTERS. Face, I can talk to. Fur, I didn't know what the heck to do.
Fur or face, it doesn't matter. I. Am. Petrified. If there was someone whose legs I could hide behind, I would. I come up with all these great interaction ideas in my head, and then when I see the characters, I want to hide in the bathroom. I went to Chef Mickey's alone and I actually made my waitress feel bad for me because I couldn't get myself to leave my chair for a picture. I made the characters stay on the other side of the table. Goofy is HUGE! Agh!
__________________
Lots of trips as a kid YC CBR FW POR offsite... 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo - 2013 ASMo AofA - 2014 Pop CSR Pop

ILGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: