Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #181
Sugarlumples
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas.

Hi, I just joined in! I have enjoyed reading through so far.

Yay for another trip around Halloween; that's our favorite time of year to go!

10/2013 - Moved to Orlando! 6/2012 - First solo trip, 2/2012 - Valentine's Day trip, 5/2011 - WDW, US, IoA, Seaworld, 9/2010 - Halloween trip, 10/2008 - Disneymoon , and many childhood trips!
Sugarlumples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #182
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
Oh I have more ammo! I went last year with a friend and her DBF. The DBF was really grumbling about wearing a costume, but then once he got there, he loved the attention he got from the CMs and specifically said he was glad he went along with it. By the end of the night, he was really strutting around.
Ah excellent! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlumples View Post
Hi, I just joined in! I have enjoyed reading through so far.

Yay for another trip around Halloween; that's our favorite time of year to go!
Ah yay! Thank you for joining in!

We have never been at Halloween but I'm so excited for it!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #183
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Yaaay for having another trip planned! So happy for you!

I would love to try September but my daughter likes to get set with school. We've been in October when the crowds are phenominal and they haven't covered too much in school yet. Just perfect - you feel like you have the parks to yourself. You're going at an amazing time.

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #184
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay for a mini life update! Haha!
Looks like things are going pretty good for you guys, awesome that Presley's staying over for a bit, and hey, baby sitting can be fun!

So excited for your fall trip!! We'll be there the 11 to the 19th, so our dates work perfectly haha! We'll probably end up at some of the same parks in there too, though we are park hopping a lot, lol. Our days look like this so far:
11: arrive
12: mk
13: ak/mnsshp
14: dhs
15: sleep in a bit, then back to AK
16: epcot
17: mk/mnsshp
18: kttk tour, lunch at Epcot, end day at mk
19: depart
And I will stay the extra day solo if I don't get cast in Spring, I'll hit up the audition on the 19th and leave the next day haha.
Hope we can meet up somewhere in there!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #185
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post
Yaaay for having another trip planned! So happy for you!

I would love to try September but my daughter likes to get set with school. We've been in October when the crowds are phenominal and they haven't covered too much in school yet. Just perfect - you feel like you have the parks to yourself. You're going at an amazing time.
Aw thank you! I'm totally excited. I spend most of my days at work planning my trip!

I can see her point about missing school right after it starts. I was pretty OCD about my grades so I probably wouldn't want to either. But October sounds great too! Maybe that's what we'll do in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for a mini life update! Haha!
Looks like things are going pretty good for you guys, awesome that Presley's staying over for a bit, and hey, baby sitting can be fun!

So excited for your fall trip!! We'll be there the 11 to the 19th, so our dates work perfectly haha! We'll probably end up at some of the same parks in there too, though we are park hopping a lot, lol. Our days look like this so far:
11: arrive
12: mk
13: ak/mnsshp
14: dhs
15: sleep in a bit, then back to AK
16: epcot
17: mk/mnsshp
18: kttk tour, lunch at Epcot, end day at mk
19: depart
And I will stay the extra day solo if I don't get cast in Spring, I'll hit up the audition on the 19th and leave the next day haha.
Hope we can meet up somewhere in there!
I love when Presley comes to visit! She's growing too fast though!

I enjoy babysitting. I did want a day to sleep but I can't complain. She's the best baby and we snuggle all day. Plus her parents pay me well.

I'm so excited for the Fall trip and that our dates are so perfectly aligned!

We're gonna use park hoppers this trip!

Our current plans sit at:

10: arrival/ DTD
11:HS
12: AK/ hop to MK
13: MK/hop to DHS at night
14: off day! (I know- crazy!)
15: waterpark
16: Epcot
17: MNSSHP
18: MK
19: waterpark
20: HHN at Universal
21: DHS for EMH, then AK, then MK, then back to Pop to depart

Our plans definitely match up for at least part of the day on the 12, 16 and 18 and we'll both be at the Halloween party on the 17th! Plenty of opportunities to meet up in there somewhere yay!

Also, totally jealous that you are doing the KTTW tour!

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #186
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom day yay!

So we woke up bright and early the next morning excited because we were going to Magic Kingdom for the first time this trip! AND we had a surprise because Jen, Rick and Presley were up too!

They still didn't make it to the park with us.

We were literally finishing eating in the Pop food court when they walked in to start eating. I was okay(ish) with waiting to eat with them but DBF said we'll just meet them at the park because he wanted to catch the welcome show too. Well okay, don't have to tell me twice.

We went out to the bus stop and saw A SWARM OF YELLOW on the line for the MK bus. That's right a BTG Luckily Pop was on top of the situation and sent two buses at once. So the BTG and some unfortunate people went on one bus and we happily headed to the other.

At 8:36, we saw

DSCN0619 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We made it through the turnstiles and bag check just in time!

And the Welcome show began.

Still 28 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 29 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 30 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 31 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 32 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 33 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 34 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 35 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

It was amazing. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before. I cried. And was irrationally jealous of the family of the day.

As we walked in the park, I suggested we stop for a photopass picture. The man looked at me a little funny and the told me he was waiting for Marie. Duh. He offered to take our picture anyway. So we did.

DSCN0621 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0623 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

It was a pretty overcast day in the MK.

DSCN0625 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0626 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Looks like we all had the same idea.

DSCN0628 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0629 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0630 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Ah can't wait for the mine train!

Then we were at ETWB.

But everyone was looking at the CM like this

DSCN0631 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Closed. No idea when it will be open. I most definitely do not envy the CM manning ETWB that morning.

I was pretty bummed but moved on. I mean, there was really nothing to be done.

So we enjoyed the rest of FLE instead.

DSCN0632 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0633 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0634 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0635 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We decided to go meet a mermaid.

DSCN0638 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0473FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0475FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip. That look on DBF's face? Priceless. Childhood joy. An expression that only comes out on a WDW trip.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #187
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Photo0477FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0479FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Then it seems that Jen, Rick and Presley made it to the park. I was pretty amused because we must have been taking photopass pictures at the same time because there would be one of us with Ariel and then one of them on Main Street.

Photo0447FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0451FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0454FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0463FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0482FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0487FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0489FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Then we went on Journey of the Little Mermaid.

DSCN0639 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0640 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

This next picture they included on the Photopass CD and it's so gorgeous I had to share!

Photo0467FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0642 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0643 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0644 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0645 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0646 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0647 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I was too busy focusing on the ride to take pictures apparently but it was so well done and adorable! I loved it. It helps that the Little Mermaid has been my favorite Disney movie since I was 2 so basically I was in heaven this morning!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #188
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay for the Bf wanting to see the rope drop show! Iím glad you guys got to see it, thereís just something so magical about that show, itís fantastic, and I cry pretty much every time.

BOO URNS for Enchanted tales being down, but yeah, at least Iím not the CM working that line, lol. Maybe Belle was running behind? Glad the rest of the FLE was up and running, itís so much less congested in the mornings! So cute with Ariel, yay! I love seeing the childhood joy on everyone elseís faces, itís what makes Disney so much more magical!

OH MY GOSH PRESLEYíS DRESS!!!! I absolutely LOVE that she has the PINK Cindy one! I love that dress, nearly considered it for Halloween! Itís so great to see kids in the costumes that you donít normally see them in!

FLE is amazing for us LM fans! The only downside I see is that Eric isnít out, which I mean, it would make for an awkward meet and greet if he was there too, like, would he sit? Would he stand? Like, weird. Lol.

And great that our plans overlap so much, lots of leway for a meet up! Especially Epcot! I won't lie, I have a complete and total plan to drink around the world this time, I've thought about it, and attempted it before, but with Kim there I'm sure it'll end up happening! I'm not sure which characters we're doing for what party yet, guess we'll find out then! Haha. MNSSHP is gonna be so great!!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #189
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great update!

The Welcome show is pure magic isn't it? We caught it for the first time last trip, and I cried too. (also irrationally jealous of the family of the day. Some one posted a video link on my PTR and that family as FoD! It looks like an amazing experience)

Great Arial photos! We've met that friend of Ariel before-she's the one that Maddie met right after the little girl told her characters were fake. She and Eric saved the day!

So excited for you that you have another trip to plan! The planning is so much fun!

And I'll tell you and Katt that if you need costumes for MNSSHP, let me know. I don't have a ton of experience making costumes for grown ladies (with grown lady chests ) but I have made myself a few dresses, so I'm sure I could pull it off! I'd be happy to help if you guys want something special!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #190
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great update!

And I'll tell you and Katt that if you need costumes for MNSSHP, let me know. I don't have a ton of experience making costumes for grown ladies (with grown lady chests ) but I have made myself a few dresses, so I'm sure I could pull it off! I'd be happy to help if you guys want something special!
For serious?? I've got janet (mom2trk) making my rapunzel one off etsy, but Im looking for someone to make me a park like, tink dress now!!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #191
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for the Bf wanting to see the rope drop show! Iím glad you guys got to see it, thereís just something so magical about that show, itís fantastic, and I cry pretty much every time.

BOO URNS for Enchanted tales being down, but yeah, at least Iím not the CM working that line, lol. Maybe Belle was running behind? Glad the rest of the FLE was up and running, itís so much less congested in the mornings! So cute with Ariel, yay! I love seeing the childhood joy on everyone elseís faces, itís what makes Disney so much more magical!

OH MY GOSH PRESLEYíS DRESS!!!! I absolutely LOVE that she has the PINK Cindy one! I love that dress, nearly considered it for Halloween! Itís so great to see kids in the costumes that you donít normally see them in!

FLE is amazing for us LM fans! The only downside I see is that Eric isnít out, which I mean, it would make for an awkward meet and greet if he was there too, like, would he sit? Would he stand? Like, weird. Lol.

And great that our plans overlap so much, lots of leway for a meet up! Especially Epcot! I won't lie, I have a complete and total plan to drink around the world this time, I've thought about it, and attempted it before, but with Kim there I'm sure it'll end up happening! I'm not sure which characters we're doing for what party yet, guess we'll find out then! Haha. MNSSHP is gonna be so great!!
The RD show is so amazing!! And Disney opened Dbf eyes to the fact that he can enjoy musicals and shows! We saw Lion King twice on Broadway and Phantom of the Opera and now he says he wants to see Wicked. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pleased And he's obsessed with the 3 pm parade in MK. If we are in MK at 3 pm, you bet your bottom dollar we will be watching the parade!

Yeah this was one of the few times I didn't envy the job of the CM But the rest of FLE was perfect! I am sad that Eric isn't out, he was so awesome last time we met him. But you are right, it would be totally awkward. And wouldn't fit with the story cause like he wouldn't be around when Ariel had fins. So I guess I see their point.

Omg omg I know. I couldn't believe when I saw her in that dress! Jen picked it out all on her own because she said every little girl would have the blue Cinderella dress! I was so proud. I'm slowly converting everyone I know to my ways When Presley met the stepsisters, they made a huge deal about it too!

Yay! Drinking around the world sounds like an awesome plan. We're not big drinkers so we probably wouldn't make it But we want to try snacking around the world again! So excited for MNSSHP!

Quote:
Great update!

The Welcome show is pure magic isn't it? We caught it for the first time last trip, and I cried too. (also irrationally jealous of the family of the day. Some one posted a video link on my PTR and that family as FoD! It looks like an amazing experience)

Great Arial photos! We've met that friend of Ariel before-she's the one that Maddie met right after the little girl told her characters were fake. She and Eric saved the day!

So excited for you that you have another trip to plan! The planning is so much fun!

Quote:
For serious?? I've got janet (mom2trk) making my rapunzel one off etsy, but Im looking for someone to make me a park like, tink dress now!!
The Welcome show is beyond amazing. I love it! And I totally watched that video from your PTR and I'm not gonna lie, I had a few tears. Totally jealous but they were so adorable.

Ah yay! I remember that story. That Ariel was amazing and that just makes her more awesome!

Oh my gosh that is so awesome of you! I will definitely let you know. That made my morning and now I know what I'll be doing at work all day: deciding on a costume!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #192
shan23877

Quote:
When are you needing it for? I'm not gonna lie, I've got more than a few projects going right now. If I have time before the trip you need it for, I'll do it!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #193
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post

The Welcome show is beyond amazing. I love it! And I totally watched that video from your PTR and I'm not gonna lie, I had a few tears. Totally jealous but they were so adorable.

Ah yay! I remember that story. That Ariel was amazing and that just makes her more awesome!

Oh my gosh that is so awesome of you! I will definitely let you know. That made my morning and now I know what I'll be doing at work all day: deciding on a costume!
That's the best video ever isn't it?

I'd be happy to help! You've got tons of time to decide. I can probably make what ever you want in a week or two
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #194
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I LOVE the look on his face meeting Ariel! Brandon gets that same childhood joy! I can't wait to see the New Fantasyland, and my kids (even Sawyer) can't wait to meet Ariel "with her tail!" Julia met her back on our first trip when she was only three years old, but then they had closed the Grotto before our next trip. All our kids can't wait!

I can see why that family was picked--talk about bright clothing and trying to be Family of the Day!

That stinks that ETWB was closed. I bet people weren't too happy about that one!

Little Mermaid ride! AHHH! Can't wait!

Presley is so adorable. Sheesh!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #195
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When are you needing it for? I'm not gonna lie, I've got more than a few projects going right now. If I have time before the trip you need it for, I'll do it!
I'd want it to be with me by September 1st, since we leave on the 11th. My mom said she'd be able to do it though, so we're going fabric shopping when she comes down next month. Lol, after her doing my Peri costume I think anything will be easier for her haha!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: