Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #16
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by libpetersen View Post
Hello,

My husband's passport was stolen! We will likely try and get a replacement, but can he use a birth certificate for the western caribbean trip?

Thanks!
Since it's a "closed-loop" cruise, beginning and ending at the same U.S. port, a birth cert and a driver's license will work fine. The birth certificate has to be certified, meaning a raised seal or similar proof of authenticity -- not just a xerox copy.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello,

My husband's passport was stolen! We will likely try and get a replacement, but can he use a birth certificate for the western caribbean trip?

Thanks!
You can. I'd be sure to have something that shows you reported the PP as stolen, because his homeland security page may be flagged, especially if he gets and uses a new passport.

My boss's passport was stolen years ago (long before 9/11) and his new passport beeped every time he used it, alerting the customs agents to take another look.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

We renewed my daughter's child passport, into an adult one, in early December and received it the very next week. 7 days from start to finish! And that was WITHOUT any expedited servicing.

I think winter is a good time to do passports.

YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! UPCOMING CRUISES:s DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas, WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA, and WONDER 1/31/16 7 Night Southern Caribbean from San Juan
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
There's a special form you have to fill out for lost/stolen passports, and then you submit your application with that form and it goes through the normal application process. Just make sure you sign the form. I alluded earlier to a form the passport agency didn't have me sign, which slowed down my process, it was this form.

This can be expedited just like a regular application, if you want to spend the money.

I can't stress enough though to plan ahead though, regarding the birth certificate. I was stressing out because I only had one birth certificate, and sent it in to get my passport. Had my passport not come in time, I wouldn't have had my BC either (it gets returned after your passport is issued). So if you're going to roll the dice on the passport renewal, make sure you have another official (state issued) copy of your birth certificate in case you don't get the passport back in time.

I ended up purchasing two more copies of my BC from vitalstats, as well as paying expedited service/shipping on my passport. All in all losing my passport cost me over $200 to get corrected.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura View Post
We renewed my daughter's child passport, into an adult one, in early December and received it the very next week. 7 days from start to finish! And that was WITHOUT any expedited servicing.

I think winter is a good time to do passports.
That's insane! Did you do that through the mail or do you live near a passport agency? I would have thought transit time alone (there and back) would take a week.

We got DS his passport at the same time I tried to get mine replaced. His went through the normal process, and we got it in about 3 weeks.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

I was told this weekend that the standard turn around time is 3-4 weeks which was true 5 yeArs ago. Came closer to two weeks.
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: