Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Passport Issue!!! Help!!

I won't get my passport within few days before cruise. Is it okay if I set the check-in info to the birth certificate and then get there and show my passport?

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyminnie890 View Post
I won't get my passport within few days before cruise. Is it okay if I set the check-in info to the birth certificate and then get there and show my passport?
Yes, or you can edit your online checkin to include the passport number.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ

Yes, or you can edit your online checkin to include the passport number.
Yeah but Idk if it will come in time to check in online thats what I was talking about!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah but Idk if it will come in time to check in online thats what I was talking about!
You can edit your information (not names but things like PP) in the online checkin of your ressie anytime up til right before the cruise.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
klepton
Mouseketeer

I can't guarantee it works this way for everyone, but I didn't enter my passport number in online check-in, and I got on the ship fine with it. I think online it even says that a valid passport or BC will need to be shown at embarkation.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

A passport is not needed to sail on the dream to the bahamas, you only need a valid drivers liscense and birth certificate.

The other question is when did you order your passport? I ordered one a few months ago and it only took them 3 weeks to get it back to me. I needed it for a trip to Peru we are doing this summer.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly View Post
A passport is not needed to sail on the dream to the bahamas, you only need a valid drivers liscense and birth certificate.

The other question is when did you order your passport? I ordered one a few months ago and it only took them 3 weeks to get it back to me. I needed it for a trip to Peru we are doing this summer.
Agree 100% with this. If your ticker is accurate and if your PP application is in order, you have nothing to worry about. I think you will be amazed at how quickly you get it back. Happy sailing!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
You can edit your information (not names but things like PP) in the online checkin of your ressie anytime up til right before the cruise.
This! You do not need to have your passport information at the time you do online check-in.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
mickyminnie890

Thank you for all the information.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
mickyminnie890

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly

No the thing is I haven't done it yet, have to send to father to approve of it then I can. Did you do a 4-6 week passport or a 2-3 weeks?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

We did regular passports - not expedited - and we applied for ours on 12/31/12 and got them yesterday 1/22/13. So the turn around is pretty quick.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No the thing is I haven't done it yet, have to send to father to approve of it then I can. Did you do a 4-6 week passport or a 2-3 weeks?
I originally did the regular service, about 9 weeks before travel. 5 weeks later I got a note in the mail saying my application was incomplete. Apparently the passport acceptance location I used forgot to have me sign a form I needed to sign. I sent that form back in, and changed to expedited service. I got my passport exactly one week after that.

I would recommend expedited, but you might not want to pay the extra if you can just use a birth certificate anyway.

If you do apply though, you need to send in an official birth certificate. So make sure you have another official copy. You don't want to end up not getting your passport in time, and not having a birth certificate. The BC has to be official, it can't be a photocopy.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #13
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are under 16, you do need both parents' permission to apply for a passport, but you don't send the application to him. If he's not going to the passport agency with you, he needs to complete a form, notarized, allowing you to apply. You then take that, your application (dad's form and app are online), BC (original, sealed by the state), photo, your mom, her ID, and cash to the passport agency (post office, county) and you sign the form there (and your mom)

If you are over 16, I don't think you need the second parent's signature but I'm not sure (info on-line).

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
mickyminnie890

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

If you are under 16, you do need both parents' permission to apply for a passport, but you don't send the application to him. If he's not going to the passport agency with you, he needs to complete a form, notarized, allowing you to apply. You then take that, your application (dad's form and app are online), BC (original, sealed by the state), photo, your mom, her ID, and cash to the passport agency (post office, county) and you sign the form there (and your mom)

If you are over 16, I don't think you need the second parent's signature but I'm not sure (info on-line).

Nancy
Dad doesn't have computer he lives out in country. But we sent him form today and all he had to do is signed and show notary, everything else is done just pay when he returns the form.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #15
libpetersen
Mouseketeer

Help passport stolen

Hello,

My husband's passport was stolen! We will likely try and get a replacement, but can he use a birth certificate for the western caribbean trip?

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: