Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Vacation Central Florida

Has anyone rented a condo through them recently? On their website they state that they only rent from Saturday through Saturday, but when I go to their reservation page, it gives me quotes for shorter stays that are not Saturday to Saturday rentals. Does anyone know if they changed their policy recently or is this a glitch in their reservation system? I had discounted them as an option because I decided on a shorter stay, but it would be nice if they were still an option.
minerva78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Scratch my question, I think I found an answer through the FAQs on their site, although it's still confusing! I guess it sounds like they won't really accept a reservation that's not Saturday to Saturday, unless you're willing to pay a much higher rate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

They will accept a reservation that isn't Saturday to Saturday, but you still pay for the full week as if you'd stayed there the entire time.
Gr8t Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
minerva78
Mouseketeer

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
wendync3803
Earning My Ears

If you subscribe to their emails, it seems like every once in a while they will have a special for a shorter time period. It's always a last minute special. But you can't beat a $299 week, with cleaning and tax less than $425. We have stayed there last three years always a $299 week.
wendync3803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Shea&Van
&Waves

We have rented from them in the past. We had a pretty good experience. As the PP said, they have a great newsletter that sends out discounted weeks. But, be prepared for an onslaught of messages. Seems like they send notices a few times each week.

I emailed Dave about the Saturday-Saturday thing too as I was confused as well. The price is the price, whether you stay one night or seven nights. No cheaper rates for partial week stays.

The place was clean and neat and we really liked the decor (fun Disney-esque). WH resort was awesome and felt very secure. We did have a few minor issues, but overall it was okay.

Would probably rent from them again if the price was right, but unless they are on special -- the prices are about average for WH.

Any specific questions, feel free to PM.

Happy planning!!!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I signed up for their newsletter about 2 weeks ago, and I've already gotten a ton of messages! In fact, I think it was seeing one of the e-mails that listed a 4 day rental that actually made me go to the website and try to input a 4 day rental period. The e-mailed listing confused me because I thought they only rented from Saturday to Saturday. You are right - they do have some great last minute deals, but from the research I've been doing on VRBO, the regular prices aren't anything special if you are booking far in advance. I don't have the nerves to wait until the last minute to try to secure a rental, so I'll have to find someone willing to give me some decent rates for booking early!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
Shea&Van
&Waves

Sale today!

Hey Minerva!

When are you going? I just got a notice they are having a one-day sale today for stays in Aug/Sept/Oct for 3-bedroom condo for $299. Might this work for you?

I posted it on the Orlando and Budget forums in hopes that somebody will benefit.

I'm like you tho...I want to book early, but I'm not going to do it until I get the "special" price. I am going to secure some back-up lodging, but am hopeful he'll run a deal for later in the year. Heck, we may even splurge and do DVC or see what the value rooms are going for Still need to get our plans more solidified!

Happy planning and good luck!!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #9
minerva78
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I got the e-mail about that too! We're not planning to go until next June though, so it's still a bit early for me to book something. I agree that they really just seem worth it if you get a special. I think I am going to stay onsite now, but if they get a really good deal for late June before I have to make the final payment, I would definitely switch to an offsite stay!