Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
Pudding mum
Earning My Ears

Sharing

We will be on our first visit next month!!! We are having to pay for food oop. Which cs are good for sharing between four of us!!! The less we spend on food the more the kids can spend
Pudding mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding mum View Post
We will be on our first visit next month!!! We are having to pay for food oop. Which cs are good for sharing between four of us!!! The less we spend on food the more the kids can spend
Just about anywhere, honestly. All the counter service places have either pictures or representations of the menu items. You can also stand back a bit and watch as others come through the lines and see the portion size.

Also remember you don't have to order the complete basket meal. You could just get fries in one basket and then order just a burger for someone else.

And adults can order kids meals very easily at the counter service places.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

I haven't been to either of these places, but both are on the 'possible' list for CS for us next month ... with the thought of sharing (both on days where we have buffet/character meals that will leave us with not wanting big full meals, yet still a little hungry for a small meal). Flame Tree BBQ at AK, and pizza at Pinocchio Village Haus are both on my list.

*edited - I said I hadn't tried either, but on second thought - we DID share pizza at Pinocchio Village Haus. We split two pizza/salads between four of us and it was plenty for a lighter meal. Not so sure that will work for us now, because my oldest has a huge appetite, but when he was younger, splitting worked great.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by ssleblanc; 01-22-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correct and clarify...
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
jenf22
DIS Veteran

We just got back and shared meals everywhere. Here are my favorites:

Magic Kingdom - we did BOG for lunch and the Contempo Cafe for dinner. It's in the Contemporary resort and portions are big. Our son LOVES watching the monorails overhead!

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ. Only problem here was the kid doesn't like BBQ. So the 3 adults shared 2 meals and we got a kids meal too.

Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls for lunch. The 4 of us managed to share 2 meals. We were on the dining plan, so we had giant cupcakes too!

Best of luck to you!
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
rznhal
DIS Veteran

We always share at Cosmic Rays....my kids love the little animatronic show there as well!!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We have shared at Cosmic Ray's, Flame Tree BBQ, resort food court (breakfast platter), and probably other places.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: