Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Princess Breakfast in Epcot?

We are coming in March for 4 days and then will be on a cruise for 3 days... Is the princess breakfast at Epcot worth the money? How much is it per person? I go back and forth...I know my DD would love it, but I can find the characters in the parks as well...any insights are appreciated!
mommypenguin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

All character meals are expensive; only you can determine their value.

I found the character interaction here to be rushed, the tables are crowded, the food is not anything special. You are paying to meet the characters.

However, you do eat and you get to meet several princesses without having to wait in any lines (and the park lines do get long).
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
tb1972
DIS Veteran

My DD always loved it when she was little & we used to go every trip. DD is now 10 and not as in to princesses!

You get a complimentary picture with Belle before you are seated. It is a nice keepsake.
All princesses (except Belle) come to the tables and you can then take pictures with Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine. DD always like that Ariel was wearing a dress - not a fin like at MK.

I would go during breakfast as we found it better than lunch. If you're paying OOP, breakfast will be less expensive too.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
DEA
DIS Veteran

With two young daughters, this has become our go-to Princess meal at WDW. It has better food, character interaction, and price than Cinderella's Royal Table, and getting into Epcot before park opening, if your ADR is that early, is a nice bonus. We all always enjoy it, and make it our first-full-day-at-Disney breakfast.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
jamaka66
Mouseketeer

We took my 4 year old granddaughter on our last trip. Tables are crowded, food was OK although the potatoes were very good, meeting Belle as you enter was nice. But the best thing was the look on my gd face as she saw each princess. They all talked to her, and got right down to her level. It was a day that I will never forget. If you daughter loves the princesses this was really nice. Plus I was the very first person to step into Epcot that day which I thought was cool.
jamaka66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

I thought it was a great experience and one of my fondest memories of our trip.
The atmosphere was lovely and I actually thought the food was very good. I also liked that it was served family style so we didn't have to take turns at the buffet. Both my 3 yr old daughter and 1 yr old son enjoyed the interaction with the princesses.
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Our family loves Akershus for breakfast, we always get an ADR for before the park opens which is really nice. The food is really good and the character interaction is top notch. My kids are 11 and 9 now and they still love to go to this breakfast. As for DH and I, it is more about the food (can't get enough of the cheesy potato casserole ).
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
ellemenohpee
Earning My Ears

Our 4 year old son was really into all the princess movies and so we booked breakfast at Akershus. It was significantly less expensive than CRT and I had heard the food and interactions were better. The tables were a little cramped, but we found the food and service to be very satisfactory and the interaction was wonderful.

We were one of the last tables at the last breakfast seating before it flipped to lunch and we never felt rushed. DS is very outgoing and they had great conversations with him. Snow White taught him (and DH) how to "stand and bow like a prince." Aurora was very happy to listen to him talk about his new Batman toy. And Ariel didn't seem to want to leave. She told us that it was so fun getting to know such a sweet and talkative little fish. We also saw Cinderella, and had pictures with Belle at the entrance.

Overall, a great and worthwhile experience, in my opinion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: