Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
PDXDuck
Earning My Ears

Help - best dinner at AKL

So we want to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge as we almost booked it this trip so we decided to have dinner there one night. What is the consensus as far as best experience food etc between Boma, Jiko and Sanaa?

If it helps we have a 3.5 yr old who is an adventurous eater and eats most anything and a 6 month old baby who obviously won't eat anything at the restaurant.

Thanks!!!
PDXDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

With a 3.5 year old and 6 month old, I would skip Jiko. While you can get away with having little ones in some of the Signatures (i.e. CG, HBD, FF), Jiko is a much quieter restaurant.

While Kidani has the better lookout-point, IMO Jambo has more areas to see. I would also say Boma due to the wider variety than Sanaa.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I have to agree with OhThe Pain about Jiko.

Sanaa and Boma are a toss up for me. If you go early enough you can hopefully get a window table at Sanaa and watch the animals from there. We love the food there- it's our favourite 1TS restaurant.

But Boma will give you the advantage of a large choice of food, and we think it's one of the better buffets at WDW. Plus, since you will be at Jambo House, you will be able to spend time before and/or after dinner enjoying the public areas of the resort, as well as the outdoor animal viewing areas.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXDuck View Post
So we want to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge as we almost booked it this trip so we decided to have dinner there one night. What is the consensus as far as best experience food etc between Boma, Jiko and Sanaa?

If it helps we have a 3.5 yr old who is an adventurous eater and eats most anything and a 6 month old baby who obviously won't eat anything at the restaurant.

Thanks!!!
Sanaa for good food and your kids will love getting to view animals while eating which will keep their attention. Go while it is light out and get a window table to see animals. If you go to Sanaa get the bread service.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
PDXDuck
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys - we're going to try Sanaa. We'll have to save Jiko until the kiddos are a little older it sounds like.
PDXDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Sanaa has been my girls favorite. They like the food andm ost of all to see the animals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: