Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Tea with Alice

Will this be offered on the 8-day magic? Is this something you pay extra for? And, is it just for young children?

Thank you!
lovetotraveltx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

There is no charge, but a free ticket from GS is required for each person.

Children must bring their adult along. While it is geared toward children (like 10 and under), each guest is welcome to a ticket till they run out. I was surprised once that our teens wanted to attend (and the tickets were gone).

It is offered on the classic ships on cruises of at least 7 nights, and the event usually occurs twice. No, you can't attend twice--ONE ticket per guest.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Asc341
Mouseketeer

I've never heard of tea with Alice on any ship on the DCL, but I am certainly a newbie! I'd love to know myself if that's a possibility.
Asc341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

I believe it's on any cruise 7 nights and up so it should be on yours. It is free. However, you do need to sign up for it ASAP as soon as you get on board go directly to guest services. They issue tickets, can't get in without a ticket. It is meant to be for children but lots of adults came with their kids. We didn't see any adults by themselves, but they wouldn't turn you away I am sure. Can't sign up for it until you get onboard though.... Hope this helps.

Oh and when we went it wasn't with Alice anymore...was with two princesses. Don't know how they decide that.

Emily
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Will this be offered on the 8-day magic? Is this something you pay extra for? And, is it just for young children?

Thank you!
My best guess, yes, they will have the Tea With...(Alice, the Princesses, Disney Friends, Wendy, whoever). There is no charge, but the tickets are limited. You get them at Guest Services. It's primarily aimed at the younger kids, as it's not really tea (you get apple juice and cookies). But anyone can go.

I will point out, that if you get tickets and opt not to go, please return your tickets, as there's usually a waiting list.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

I thought I read some where on here that it was offered on the 7nights. (off to go check)

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
I believe it's on any cruise 7 nights and up so it should be on yours. It is free. However, you do need to sign up for it ASAP as soon as you get on board go directly to guest services. They issue tickets, can't get in without a ticket. It is meant to be for children but lots of adults came with their kids. We didn't see any adults by themselves, but they wouldn't turn you away I am sure. Can't sign up for it until you get onboard though.... Hope this helps.

Oh and when we went it wasn't with Alice anymore...was with two princesses. Don't know how they decide that.

Emily
It is a matter of who is available--it used to be Wendy, then Alice. Now it is "Disney friends" and you don't know in advance who will be there.

Note to above--kids alone are not admitted--it is not a drop off/babysitting activity. Kids must bring their adult along.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alice

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: