Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
JLO
Mouseketeer

Help me surprise my daughter!

On October 10th, I'm going to pick up my 11-year-old daughter from school and tell her she has a dentist's appointment.... instead, I'm taking her to Disneyworld!!

This will be just her and I for the first 3 days and then we are meeting up with her best friend (who is also being surprised) at a different hotel!

I'm so excited - I just can't wait! I just got a mini Minnie ears for her American Girl doll and thought I would have the doll sitting out with her "ears" on when we get home to have lunch before the "dentist". I'm going to make Mickey-shaped sandwiches. But, what else can I do to slowly let her in on the secret before we leave? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

What an awesome surprise. When I was a kid we got surprised with Disney tickets tied to balloons wrapped in a giant box...happiest day of mine and my siblings lives!

Fivesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Pick some random Disney Movies to watch on TV. I also have an app on my phone called Mouseworld Radio that plays music from the themeparks. Place "hidden Mickeys" around the house This is exciting, I hope you make a report after the trip! Have fun!

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
lebowskihateseagles
Earning My Ears

Our school has a policy where we can only do "early pickups" at the administration office.

Imagine getting called to the office and getting told you're going to Disney!
lebowskihateseagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebowskihateseagles View Post
Our school has a policy where we can only do "early pickups" at the administration office.

Imagine getting called to the office and getting told you're going to Disney!
I like this the best!

can you hear it now..." so n so can you please come to the office, your mom is here to take you to Disney" she would be the envy of everyone
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking I did the same thing for my DD when she was in 3rd grade!

Her teacher was in on it!! So fun!! she thought we were going to the dentist too and I said "Let's skip the dentist today" She said "OK" I said what do you want to do??? She said "How about the Zoo?"
I said " How about we go to Disney"???? Her eyes got giant and she was like for real????? I said Yep look in the back of the truck!!! There were all the suit cases and she knew I was serious and I had my nails done...She said " I knew when your nails were all done up something was going on!!"

She started screaming and was totally surprised!! We pulled it off without a hitch!!

It is so much fun!! Have a great time!!! We leave in 19 days and my DD is 15 now and still loves it as much. The other day she asked how many days till I can be happy again.....Geesh I have her hooked!!

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014/CSR NOV 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: