Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #76
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
The amulet was poorly thought out. They should have either given it a clasp or made a little longer so you don't have to stretch it so much to get it over a child's head.

I did restring it using a better elastic from a crafts store.

I completely agree! CMs are not happy with the design of this item either, but it really looks nice with the dress. Many little girls don't like to wear the crown, but they want the amulet.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #77
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Has anyone had any luck finding the dress? I was able to get the doll but one of my local stores said they never got the dress and probably won't and the other one doesn't know if they are getting any more in. I'll be calling them again when they get their next shipment to see if they got any in. Here's to hoping they do!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #78
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Has anyone had any luck finding the dress? I was able to get the doll but one of my local stores said they never got the dress and probably won't and the other one doesn't know if they are getting any more in. I'll be calling them again when they get their next shipment to see if they got any in. Here's to hoping they do!!
What size in the dress do you need? It might be worth it to just go to the store and ask to do a in store online purchase. By doing one of those you can buy it from that store and they get the money but instead of it being shipped to the store it is shipped directly to you. This is different than a disneystore.com purchase (since the dress doesn't appear to be online right now) because it orders from the storage warehouses directly and not from disneystore.com.

I know we have a few sizes her in Times Square Disney. I wish I was more of a help but I unfortunately don't have the 50 dollars to be able to go to work and get one for you or I would
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #79
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
What size in the dress do you need? It might be worth it to just go to the store and ask to do a in store online purchase. By doing one of those you can buy it from that store and they get the money but instead of it being shipped to the store it is shipped directly to you. This is different than a disneystore.com purchase (since the dress doesn't appear to be online right now) because it orders from the storage warehouses directly and not from disneystore.com.

I know we have a few sizes her in Times Square Disney. I wish I was more of a help but I unfortunately don't have the 50 dollars to be able to go to work and get one for you or I would
I'm looking to get either a 4 or a 5/6. My daughter wears size XS (4) right now in the dresses we have but I'm thinking of getting bigger so she can wear if for a while. I'm planning on going Thursday and the manager at the one I'm going to is pretty helpful. I walk in and he recognizes me. lol We've ordered stuff like that before but I didn't think of that. I'll have to see if they can do that. I keep checking online too.

Thanks for the offer to help. I know it's an expensive dress but right now we're willing to try anything to get my daughter to be happy with going to school again and right now we're trying bribery!! And the dress is one thing she really, really wants! I got lucky and found the doll last weekend so it's sitting on a shelf waiting on my DD to have a good week then she get's her.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #80
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'm looking to get either a 4 or a 5/6. My daughter wears size XS (4) right now in the dresses we have but I'm thinking of getting bigger so she can wear if for a while. I'm planning on going Thursday and the manager at the one I'm going to is pretty helpful. I walk in and he recognizes me. lol We've ordered stuff like that before but I didn't think of that. I'll have to see if they can do that. I keep checking online too.

I would keep looking online. In our store, the 5/6s never seem to hit the stage sales floor. Guests call on our shipment days at store opening and put them on hold, and pick them up later. And we only get 2 of the 5/6s in at a time, usually. So look online, and/or call on shipment days is your best shot. We got lots of amulets in, there is even a large display of Sofia in the front of the store. Dolls coming back in either later this week or early next week.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #81
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I would keep looking online. In our store, the 5/6s never seem to hit the stage sales floor. Guests call on our shipment days at store opening and put them on hold, and pick them up later. And we only get 2 of the 5/6s in at a time, usually. So look online, and/or call on shipment days is your best shot. We got lots of amulets in, there is even a large display of Sofia in the front of the store. Dolls coming back in either later this week or early next week.
That's my exact plan for tomorrow. It's shipment day at the store I like going to. I was actually surprised that they didn't have a bigger display. They only had a small rack near the back of the store near the baby stuff. It was on a shelf that has the 3 sides. They had gowns, dolls, and shorts/shirt pj's.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #82
jmac323
Mouseketeer

FYI- Even if you are in store and want to purchase the dress they might not find it online. The manager that assisted me the other day said it all depends on whether or not it shows up in their system just like if we were online.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #83
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac323
FYI- Even if you are in store and want to purchase the dress they might not find it online. The manager that assisted me the other day said it all depends on whether or not it shows up in their system just like if we were online.
The system we look in is different than the online system though. If we can't find it in ours that means the warehouse is out if it. Doing an online order from in store basically is a way to cut out the middle man and this return trio. You buy it and instead of it going on the truck meant for the store it goes from the warehouse to a truck headed to UPS to you.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #84
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Our store got loads of dolls and PVC sets today!!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #85
jmac323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
The system we look in is different than the online system though. If we can't find it in ours that means the warehouse is out if it. Doing an online order from in store basically is a way to cut out the middle man and this return trio. You buy it and instead of it going on the truck meant for the store it goes from the warehouse to a truck headed to UPS to you.
Well this is good info, thanks. The manager that helped me led me to believe we were looking at the same systems.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #86
ellone
DIS Veteran

New doll at Disney Store online - a Sofia singing doll!
Linky
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #87
love2disney
DIS Veteran

FYI the Amazon doll is now available at 26$
love2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #88
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

I am so ordering this right now! I bet it will be gone by the end of the day...

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points

Last edited by E-P-C-O-T; 02-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #89
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
New doll at Disney Store online - a Sofia singing doll!
Linky
It's taking every once of self restraint I have not to order this doll, my DD would love it! But we got the plush one last week, so it just seems a bit redundant..

Last edited by Disneyfan3333; 02-24-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Disneyfan3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #90
Megkel
Mouseketeer

Amazon has a few of these dolls for $30.

Good luck finding them!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: