Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaastralis
I picked up two dolls. I'm willing to send them plus the cost of shipping. There were a lot of them, however, the cast member said they were expecting a woman to come and buy them out soon. No amulets and they hadn't received any. The same lady bought out the other stores in the area.
I would love to buy one off you if you still have one!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've secured two dolls now! Our store just got hem in this evening! I hated buying two but Youngest DD needed one and her best friend's birthday is Saturday and she loves Sofia too!

But I do need a costume and amulet if anyone runs across them at their store. Need a 5/6

Last edited by kasedroz; 01-29-2013 at 08:38 PM.
kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #32
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

My store only had the dress in 2T and 18-24 months. (honestly, they are the same size)

Amulets gone, some lady bought 10.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #33
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

I think it's ridiculous that they let the same woman but everything every time they get a shipment. They are going to sell either way do limit the woman to 2.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #34
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck
My store only had the dress in 2T and 18-24 months. (honestly, they are the same size)

Yeah our next closest store received those sizes of the dresses yesterday. I think they should limit someone like that to two pieces. Sofia is in such high demand and you know she's selling them on eBay. She should be ashamed, little girls are going without so she can make some money!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #35
mommy4
DIS Veteran

I wish I would have gotten the 2T dress, but they didn't have it online when I ordered it. the xxs 2-3 one looks pretty big up against my baby. Oh well, I guess she'll grow into it. I'm just glad I have one!

mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #36
Princess Melody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post

In case anybody is wondering the 2/3 (2T) and 18-24 are actually not similarly sized. I made that mistake when i just looked at them in the store & 2/3 looked to be only slightly longer. The 2/3 was huge on my 21 month old (approx 32.5 inches, 24 lbs). I got the 18-24 instead. It is a much more slim fit & does not drag on the ground like the 2/3 did. This dress runs very large compared to all her other disney store princess ones.
Now if only I could find a doll & amulet. Same story here, cast member said 1 person keeps purchasing them all.
Princess Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #37
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

They have the figure set on Disneystore.com right now if anyone needs that.
DD LOVES Sofia and I couldn't find one of the dolls back in December, either. I am hoping the dresses are easier to find come summertime or fall for our Disney trip.

I guess I should be happy that we found the Doc McStuffins medical bag back in August! It seems that Doc McStuffins and Sofia are both very popular but there just isn't enough merchandise from either of the show for those who want it. I hate that people go around and buy up tons of the stuff just to sell on ebay!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #38
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

PSST Sofia dolls should be coming to a store near you VERY soon. That is all I can say. Hard to say if all the stores will have the same luck.

Keep trying this week, and into next week. Call your local stores. Ask what day is shipment. Call that day when store opens, or try to be there.

I would assume quantities are very limited, of course. We have not had them at ALL in 6-8 weeks, so you all did not just miss them, they have been out of stock.

Doc McStuffins Dr kits, and Doc McStuffins little friends may be returning as early as this week, as well. (Chilly, Stuffy, etc)
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #39
mommy4
DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard from the poster who said she had the dolls and would ship them? I gave her my info. and haven't heard from her since.
So sad, considering she said she'd send me one.
Oh well, I guess it's back to calling today.
Also, thanks for the info. on the dress, I'm going to see if I can get the smaller one.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #40
Casemily
Mouseketeer

I understand supply and demand, and if folks decide to bid themselves up to large dollar amounts, that's fine. But seriously, $70 buy it now for a stuft doll and $175 for the dress?! That just frys me. Especially knowing there are people out there buying up everything in stock. Either auction it or double your money and be happy. Ugh. Here's hoping Disney quickly inundates stores with stock and the super greedy are left with overhead to store. Thanks for letting me rant!
Casemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #41
froghop
Earning My Ears

Amazon has 5 in stock as of this morning for $36.99.
froghop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #42
mommy4
DIS Veteran

At least they are a little cheaper on Amazon now! Still trying to hold off though to try to get it somewhere near the price they are in the store.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
nicolepitts
Earning My Ears

I think I may love Sofia and Doc more than my girls ( and they are obsessed!!) We need Hallie to complete our doc collection and We have nothing from Sofia.

I am trying to hold out since we have a birthday in august and it will certainly be back in stock before then. and I know if I buy them now I will end up giving it them now! My head keeps trying to negotiate buying and giving it to them at easter!! ugh. I am glad they are out of stock right now!

DH DS (10) DS (9) DS(7) DD(6) DD(5)

WDW: (to many times to count as a child),
Jan 2011 ( first family trip!), Jan 2012 ( doing it all again!) Jan 2013( we are hooked!),Jan 2014 ( getting our fix in!)
nicolepitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #44
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepitts View Post
I am trying to hold out since we have a birthday in august and it will certainly be back in stock before then. and I know if I buy them now I will end up giving it them now! My head keeps trying to negotiate buying and giving it to them at easter!! ugh. I am glad they are out of stock right now!
I'm holding off too until either our September Disney trip or DD's 2nd birthday in October. I'm horrible at holding on to toys. I held on to the FP Castle and princesses from August to Christmas and it was way too hard!

I wanted to get DD Sophia dress for our May Disney trip, but I think the smallest size is just going to be way too big.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
hineline07
Earning My Ears

I hope they have the Sophia dress at disney world, they're sold out online

hineline07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: