Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
rdw
Mouseketeer

7044 on the Disney Wonder?

Any thoughts on this room? It seems to be very close to the mid ship elevator, will it be very loud? Seems like it could be a good location, but I'm nervous.

Advice appreciated - thanks!
rdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

That was our room in Sept! We loved it! It is right next to the midship elevators, but we never heard any excess noise from them! There is a wall separating you from fthe bay... the room is technically directly across the hall from the staircase. The midship elevators are the most busy, but we never had to wait too long for one.

Also it's on the end of one of the banks of verandahs, so one wall is solid outside. There is a steamer trunk, and it's in great shape!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
rdw
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the response! DH was excited to see someone that has been in that room. We're looking at 7044 and 7046. Would you say these are good in terms of motion? How about view outside?

Any other concerns or things you loved?

Any info on the pull down bed? I'm concerned about how to have a child sleep on that, but I'd rather DH and I not have to give up the main bed.

Also, at th risk of sounding really stupid - is the steamer trunk just something you used for storage?

Thanks for any info!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Snick
Mouseketeer

2010, Pop Century, 4 days
2012, Land & Sea: Bahamas 4 day cruise, Pop, 7 days
2013?????
Snick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
rdw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick View Post
?

Anyone else?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdw
Thanks so much for the response! DH was excited to see someone that has been in that room. We're looking at 7044 and 7046. Would you say these are good in terms of motion? How about view outside?

Any other concerns or things you loved?

Any info on the pull down bed? I'm concerned about how to have a child sleep on that, but I'd rather DH and I not have to give up the main bed.

Also, at th risk of sounding really stupid - is the steamer trunk just something you used for storage?

Thanks for any info!
Sorry! I disappeared apparently!

We didn't use the pull down bed, but from what I've seen, they aren't too hard to navigate, for an older child. My DS slept on the couch bed with a bed rail, and we just left it set up as a bed, because we never used the couch anyway.

The steamer trunk was definitely used. We unpacked everything and stored our suitcases. So my DH used the trunk (it has shelves in it) for his clothes, I used the drawers, and DS used the cabinets around the desk.

As far as motion, we did have a lot of rolling...but that was everywhere the first night. Other than that, it wasn't much. We didn't hear loud sounds from the ship or anything.

One thing t remember is that deck 7 has this lip around it, and when docked, random people ride a car thing around it fixing things and clean....so it can surprise you when someone is at the verandah and you are not quite "ready" for the day. Keep the curtains closed in port!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We cruised on the Magic in 7052 just down the hall. That cruise was when I realized that everything happening in the atrium could be heard up the elevator shaft. I was out in the hallway during the auction and heard the person on the mike. Didn't hear much in the room. The motion didn't bother us either and it was a western, though we prefer to book forward. This was a last minute KSF deal so we took what we could get. The kids are now 12 & 14 and don't have an issue with the bunks. They switch each night. We started when they were 3 & 5 and DS slept in the top bunk for a few years.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

The pull down berth has a bed rail so it's really no problem. Your child will probably love it. Our dd is 19 and she's still disappointed when we don't have a pull down. She thinks its cozy up there. .
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: