Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
DD wanted to ride the carousel, so she did that.
I try to distract DS so that he doesn't want to do that. Hey, there's a bigger one in the MK and it doesn't cost anything extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
This CM was telling me I need to get up on the sidewalk. Usually, I respect them and do what they say. But there was no way I was taking that scooter up on the sidewalk on Main Street.
A scooter on a crowded sidewalk... sounds like fun!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #62
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
"OK. I am interested to see what you think of it. Being the Disney purist you are - I am guessing you won't like it. But we thought it was really cool. We go back March 31-April 5, you know ...if you are planning another trip. Also, we need to do a summer trip and use our water park option on our DVC AP's. Thank you so much for telling me about that deal. It was the best deal EVER !!!"

What?!? I'm not a purist, just really opinionated. There are some things one just doesn't mess with -like putting Toy Story characters on IASW. That's just ridiculous. They don't belong..cross promote elsewhere. TT is not one of those things however. I loved all the Tron-esque concept art, so I'm pretty excited to see how it all turned out. I will miss environmental test 7 though. So to sum up, as long as they don't mess with the stuff I have strong nostalgic feelings about, it's all good. After all, it is all about me.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me Were they really going to put Toy Story characters in IASW ?? I am with you on that one. You ARE a Les Mis purist, though. Don't even deny it.

It figures that our kids actually have the same spring break this year. Oh how I wish I could go then! However, since DD made All-State band, I've had to move our trip to MS to visit my Grandma to spring break. Oh well we will have to work something out to go in the summer! We have four WPF&M options from our first trip still sitting there.

OK. We NEED to get together on this !! My kids would LOVE doing the Water Parks with you and your DD. I don't know how much I will be able to do, but I imagine I might be well enough by then to do some slides.

I love that saber tooth tiger your DD made! It has been years since I strolled through the Build-a-Dino store. They didn't have anything that cute then. Places like that are dangerous. I'm sort of glad DD is pretty much past her Build-A-Bear stage. I love that store, and can get into a lot of trouble there.
We seriously have sooo many stuffed animals, I don't know what to do with them all. I hope they sell halfway decently at our garage sale when my DD outgrows them. They take up a lot of space in her room and her playroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I try to distract DS so that he doesn't want to do that. Hey, there's a bigger one in the MK and it doesn't cost anything extra.

She loves that little carousel at DTD. I sometimes try to discourage her as well, but she asked DH this time. He says "yes" more than mommy does.

A scooter on a crowded sidewalk... sounds like fun!
She wanted everyone to get on the sidewalk and that is where everyone was. There was no way I was going to navigate that crowd AND the curbs on the scooter. Umno.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Mum would probably think I’m ridiculous if I did Build-a-Dino. BUT I WANT TOOOO.
That sabertooth tiger is adorable.

Wow…the rain must have shooed everyone away from MK.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #64
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Mum would probably think I’m ridiculous if I did Build-a-Dino. BUT I WANT TOOOO.
That sabertooth tiger is adorable.

Wow…the rain must have shooed everyone away from MK.
I saw your love of stuffed animals in your TR.

It was pretty crowded actually. Don't let that empty street fool you, they were clearing it for some odd reason. That is why they wanted everyone to get on the sidewalk and the sidewalk was packed and I wasn't about to get in that hot mess with that scooter. Umno.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #65
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – Part Three

After DD got her spin on, we headed over the BTMRR.

After that, the rain cleared out and we checked at the Pirates of the Caribbean, but the wait was something like 40 minutes, so we headed over to Aloha Isle to get a Dole Whip.

DS got a root beer float.

And then DD saw the sign for the fairies. It had been a while since we had done this, so she and I went to wait in line while DH and DS went to ride Space Mountain. The wait for the fairies said 45 minutes but it was over an hour. Thank goodness they had fairy movies playing in the queue to keep us occupied. Some of the little ones in line had a tough time waiting.

Finally, it was our turn. First up was Tinkerbell.

Then Periwinkle

They were both really great and spent a lot of time with DD talking to her and asking questions.

After that, we went back to the room to drop off our purchases and freshen up for our dinner ADR.

Last edited by jecskc; 01-30-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #66
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Do you ever ask Hannah what they talk about ? I ask my dd all the time... I never get a good answer...

I am still waiting for you to give the camera to your dh !

I can't believe the wait was that long for potc ?? I go during a really peak time and have never seen that.... Omg.

I think I want to write a TR ...
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #67
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

We saw the fairies too! they were cute. I have no idea who Periwinkle is but she was cute!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your daughter looks so cute on the carousel.

Very neat purchases at DTD. It's probably good that my nephews don't know about the "build a dino" place. They would be bugging their parent s endlessly for a trip there.

Rather long wait for the fairies, but the end pictures are great!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #69
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love the magnet detail in DD's stuffed animal! So cute!

Yum, Dole Whip!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #70
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
Do you ever ask Hannah what they talk about ? I ask my dd all the time... I never get a good answer...

I imagine they ask all kinds of cute and interesting question.

I am still waiting for you to give the camera to your dh !

I do eventually notice that smudge on the lens. I promise the photos get better. Plus, it is hard to scooter and take photos at the same time without hurting someone.

I can't believe the wait was that long for potc ?? I go during a really peak time and have never seen that.... Omg.

It was even worse on our last day. It was just as busy that weekend as it at Spring Break. It was NUTS !!!

I think I want to write a TR ...
I would read it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
We saw the fairies too! they were cute. I have no idea who Periwinkle is but she was cute!
Periwinkle is Tink's long lost sister. She is introduced in the most recent fairy movie, The Secret of the Wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your daughter looks so cute on the carousel.

Thanks !! She loves to spin !!

Very neat purchases at DTD. It's probably good that my nephews don't know about the "build a dino" place. They would be bugging their parent s endlessly for a trip there.

We had a hard time getting her out of there. She wanted to buy everything.

Rather long wait for the fairies, but the end pictures are great!
I think the wait for them is always long. That day it took forever though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love the magnet detail in DD's stuffed animal! So cute!

I thought that was neat, too.

Yum, Dole Whip!
Word. Dole whips are yummy.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #71
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Over an hour for the fairies????

I've got to say, we've never seen them and I don't even know their names. I kind of hope DD doesn't get too interested in them...
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #72
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Over an hour for the fairies????

I've got to say, we've never seen them and I don't even know their names. I kind of hope DD doesn't get too interested in them...
Dude ..... it took forever and the little kids in line were very fidget-y. I am glad we got it done so she won't want to do it again for a while.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #73
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – Part Four

Our ADR that night was for Les Chefs de France

I was pretty excited about it. We checked in and waited a bit and then we were seated. It was still chilly and rainy outside.

For starters, we had some wine. DH got a Pinot Noir and I got a Sauvignon Blanc.

We were brought a warm baguette

This was hard and it would have been so much better if it weren’t so hard. It is as if it were slightly overcooked. We even had trouble cutting it with DH’s steak knife.

DH and I ordered the onion soup

This was really good and it hit the spot on the rainy chilly night.

DS got a salad

Which came with his meal, but DH and I shared it.

DS took a picture of DH and I.

The waiter brought Remy by.

I was excited to see him and so were the kids. I wasn’t sure if we would see him. The “waiter” who pushed him around was really funny.

For our entrée, the kids each got the macaroni

Look at her face. She was so excited about it. She liked and ate almost half. It was a huge portion. DS ate almost all of his.

DH got the Beef Tenderloin

He really enjoyed this. Said it was really good.

I got the Salmon

Even though this looks very lovely, it was very bland. It isn’t something I would order again. It just wasn’t that good.

For dessert, DD just got vanilla ice cream

DS got chocolate mousse

This was very good. DS didn’t want it, so DD and I ate it. I loved the crunchy white chocolate shavings on top of it. DS did eat the slice of pound cake that came with it. He really liked that.

I got the Profiteroles

I liked these. They were pretty good. The mousse was better.

DH got the Strawberry cake

He said he enjoyed this.

Aside from the bread and my Salmon, we very much enjoyed our meal here. I would go back, but I would order something besides the salmon. Service was good and we got to see Remy. It was a fun meal.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #74
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I recently watched all the fairy movies for the first time and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them! Where is the fairy meet and greet? I honestly have no clue. Somewhere in Adventureland?

-Marissa
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #75
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

That looked yummy... Even the salmon...
Your sons looked really good !

Speaking of (kids) did you end up getting the kids the DS for Christmas ? If so did they use them lots on this trip ???

What did your husband have ??? Did you just split the squirrel ?
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: