Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #31
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

We had PAT 11:00-11:30 a couple of weeks ago and got there at 10:15 (only because we ended up taking the first Disney bus from the airport). We were the third family to check-in at the Castaway Club check in desks and got boarding group 8. Boarding started at 11:20 and group 8 was called at 11:40. We were onboard and headed to Cabanas by 11:50. (We did not stop for boarding photo).

My advice to OP is to arrive to the terminal entrance right at 11:00 AM. By the time you get through security, upstairs, and through the check-in line. You should only have a short wait before boarding starts and will likely be in group 6-10.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #32
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
We had PAT 11:00-11:30 a couple of weeks ago and got there at 10:15 (only because we ended up taking the first Disney bus from the airport). We were the third family to check-in at the Castaway Club check in desks and got boarding group 8. Boarding started at 11:20 and group 8 was called at 11:40. We were onboard and headed to Cabanas by 11:50. (We did not stop for boarding photo).

My advice to OP is to arrive to the terminal entrance right at 11:00 AM. By the time you get through security, upstairs, and through the check-in line. You should only have a short wait before boarding starts and will likely be in group 6-10.
Just a note that PAT will not matter for entry to the terminal for anyone taking DCL transfers - either from MCO or WDW. PAT will impact the boarding number assigned, but not entry to the terminal. For those arriving by other transportation, they COULD be denied early entry.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #33
swalesfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobi View Post
I have an 11:00 PAT. I will drop off wife, DD and luggage at the port, then need to return the rental car. Hopefully, I will get the shuttle back to port by 11:30.

Can my wife do all paperwork at the port, or does she need to wait until I return?

-Paul
Just off the Fantasy and was told that I could have checked my husband in if I had his passport(I did not have it) You do need photo id to get into the building but a drivers licence will do. Not sure if I could have checked him in if it was our first cruise though, they still had our photos from last year on file so we didn't need a new picture

swalesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: