Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #16
Duke&Tree
Mouseketeer

DH and I are relatively adventurous eaters, but certainly not used to many of the items on the V&A menu. There were many things on the menu that I never thought I would like. Luckily, we had read enough reviews from people that said, "Trust the chef!" Despite having the same worry of possibly not enjoying the meal, we went for it. We both very, very much LOVED the food and the entire experience. If you're going to try something 'strange', try it here...it will be prepared the absolutely best way you will EVER be able to have it.

I never ever thought I would be able to eat lamb and rabbit. Sorry to say, they are WONDERFUL! (Are you able to get the wine pairing...might help in that aspect? LOL) I am not a fan of seafood, but my scallop was incredible! Give yourself a push to try some new things. There was SO much food...even if you end up not liking one course, you'll get plenty to eat.

Have a great time!

Trips together:2000 PopMu 2004 Dolphin DONE and FABULOUS!: Dec 2009 (no kids!) combo DH bday and 9th anniversary at CSR! Duke surprised Tree with another anniversary trip in January 2011 at SSR! Finally brought the kids 2011 with the kids in style: Club Level at AKL! Adults-only AoA/BWV Jan 2013 was a success! Awesome extended family trip with kids Dec 2013 at AKL! Adults-only Hilton Bonnet Creek/CSR planned for November 2014!

We drank the DVC koolaid....owners at AKL!!

DD Monkey (9) DD Goose (6)
Duke&Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post

And ruling out most everything else, that just leaves pork. I can't remember ever seeing a poultry entree at V&A, tho duck and quail are often appetizers.
I had chicken, Poulet Rouge Oscar, for my entree last Nov, so it is offered occasionally. It also made me realize that chicken can be exquisite! The stuff at the supermarket is barely a relative

I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone. I despise beets, but ordered the beet carpaccio as one of my courses and it was delicious. Out of this world tasty. I figured, if anyone can show me the merits of a particular food it would be V&A's. I was right
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

I also had a chicken entree, so apparently sometimes they have it.

I'll merely echo other posters. We ate there for our anniversary and it was the best dining experience I've ever had. You have numerous choices so you will likely find something that sounds good to you. And, for sure, trust the chef. I tried several things I'd never had before and they were just delicious. Additionally, even if you get something you don't love, you get soooooo much food it won't hurt if you don't eat all of one course. I was so full by the end I couldn't even finish my dessert. But, seriously, there was not one thing I ate that wasn't mouthwateringly delicious.
ZellyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: