Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Tastings being sold out...how early?

Ok. I know this is a minor thing because the cruise will be wonderful no matter what but I am really starting to stress over being on board early enough to sign our group of 7 up.

I am gold so could have probably got an eary PAT but long (VERY complicated) story short we are waiting for some to finalize plans so I have not PIF yet. The booking window opened last Sat and now I worry early PAT harder to get. Part of us who are definatley going were persuaded to go on the cruise because I told them how much fun the tastings are. Now I am stressed we won't be able to partake

Plus I have heard they sometimes add tastings if there is enough interest. Anybody have more knowledge on this?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Go ahead and sign up for the earlier boarding time for you and go on board and sign everyone up for the tasting. They won't be long behind you and you and take pictures as they board.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
stulaurie
Mouseketeer

Can anyone confirm that they will let you sign up for other people who are not in your room?
stulaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

My family arrived at the port for our Fantasy cruise after 2pm since we took Disney Transportation from WDW. I made Palo/Remy a priority and went there first (had no problem making changes and getting Palo Brunch or Remy Brunch.) We then had to go do the muster drill. By the time I got around to trying for tastings it was after 5pm. I still managed to get Martini Tasting and Mixology. We missed out on the Tequila Tasting.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

another question then

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
My family arrived at the port for our Fantasy cruise after 2pm since we took Disney Transportation from WDW. I made Palo/Remy a priority and went there first (had no problem making changes and getting Palo Brunch or Remy Brunch.) We then had to go do the muster drill. By the time I got around to trying for tastings it was after 5pm. I still managed to get Martini Tasting and Mixology. We missed out on the Tequila Tasting.
Tequilla is the one we REALLY want. I better get on the ball PIF and just hope for the best from everyone.

If I do PIF and do my online check in and get a PAT does that change, like do I have to do check in and pick PAT all over again, if I make a change to my res before penalty date? Say I move res to another room or add a person?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran

You don't have to be paid in full to check in and get you port arrival time. I'm checked in for our April cruise, but haven't paid in full.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73
When we did the tequila tasting last May several people wandered in that didn't have tickets. The bartender included them and arranged for them to pay for it while he was conducting the tasting. I don't know if they rang it up as a $15 drink or what, but they figured something out. So, worst case the OP could just show up and play dumb and you could too next time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandmaddie View Post
You don't have to be paid in full to check in and get you port arrival time. I'm checked in for our April cruise, but haven't paid in full.
I just realized this yesterday. I went in to look up excursions we might be interested in and check-in came up as available to take care of and I won't be paying in full till later this week for our April cruise. Got 11:00-11:30 time slot.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandmaddie View Post
Thank you!!!!
This is the best help I've ever gotton off the boards. Can't believe I didn't know this
Now I can sleep tonight!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Are there different tastings available? It sounds like something our group would be interested in....
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

I guess this will be my number 1 thing to do when I board. I really want to participate in at least one tasting
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandmaddie
I'm going to have to do this too. I had no idea
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
mom3bellasorella
Earning My Ears

Where do you go to sign up for tastings?
mom3bellasorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #14
klepton
Mouseketeer

Not sure if it's always like this, but I didn't sign up for any tastings until the first sea day and was able to get into all the tastings without any issue at all. Of all the tastings, I think Whisky was the only one that *may* have sold out. I was on the Magic, just a couple weeks ago.

All told, we had:

4 different wine tastings
2 Martini tastings
2 tequilla tastings
2 Mixology classes
1 Beer tasting
1 Whisky tasting
1 Cognac tasting

And I was only one away from perfect attendance...
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #15
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

On the DVC Member Cruise a couple of weeks ago, we attempted to sign up for the Tequila Tasting about 30 minutes prior and were told it was sold out for that day, but we had no problems booking it for the next day. Also, during the tasting at least one person who didn't book in advance was allowed to participate and pay right at the bar. There were about 10-12 people at our tasting. We got three half shots of Tequila, and two small margaritas. It was interesting, and a good value at $15.00.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: