Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

Crap. That stinks. We booked our September trip in October and used the interline deal. First time to use it and last I guess. Well I hope they give out some good discounts to replace the interline deals.

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
minniesbiggiestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
jazzedancr
Earning My Ears

I called my interline number a few days ago and was so disappointed when I found out the discontinued the interline rates..Thats how I booked my rooms 90% of the time..now I have to hope to find someone giving good dvc points or a good discount somewhere..
jazzedancr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

so disappointed in finding this out. We had a trip booked already for November and I called to add additional days and they honored it. Never said a word about the discount not being available any more. Guess we'll cherish this trip because not sure we can really afford to go back as often or staying onsite without the discount.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
Disflyer
Mouseketeer

Dang! I just found this out the hard way, I was calling to book for a friend of mine and heard the news :-(

Really disappointed in this, do we have an idea why they decided to remove the interline discount?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
EAWildman
Mouseketeer

I don't know how long the interline discount rate has been offered, but I know I have been using it for over 10 years. I think I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that I have not used the interline rate (one was the 4-3 deal of 2009). I had called about a September trip before the 19th just to check availability and rates and was not told a thing about it going away. Called a week ago and found out the news.

I wrote Disney a firmly worded e-mail about how we have been going to WDW for 10 years and have accumulated well over 20 trips, spending money on tickets, food, tours, souvineers, hard ticket events. Between this elimination of the interline discount and the increased price of annual passes (especially charging adult prices for child's passes), I asked them to tell me specifically how we could continue to afford to visit anymore.

I got back the usual form letter that the elimination of the interline rate was "a company directive," and that "The Walt Disney World Resort does not currently offer a savings or discount based on employment by or affliation with any airline or travel organization." They said I should check out the "Special Offers" on the web site. They said nothing about the ticket prices.

Based on this e-mail, I wonder if travel agents also lose out on the interline rate?

All things considered, this past year's actions by WDW has left a bitter taste in our mouths. I would never say that I won't go again...but it will be few and far between, rather than the several times a year we had been averaging the past three years.

How will the resorts fill those last minute empty rooms now?

Eric
--Billy Joel
----------------------------------------------
Charter Member of D23
EAWildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWildman View Post
I don't know how long the interline discount rate has been offered, but I know I have been using it for over 10 years. I think I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that I have not used the interline rate (one was the 4-3 deal of 2009). I had called about a September trip before the 19th just to check availability and rates and was not told a thing about it going away. Called a week ago and found out the news.

I wrote Disney a firmly worded e-mail about how we have been going to WDW for 10 years and have accumulated well over 20 trips, spending money on tickets, food, tours, souvineers, hard ticket events. Between this elimination of the interline discount and the increased price of annual passes (especially charging adult prices for child's passes), I asked them to tell me specifically how we could continue to afford to visit anymore.

I got back the usual form letter that the elimination of the interline rate was "a company directive," and that "The Walt Disney World Resort does not currently offer a savings or discount based on employment by or affliation with any airline or travel organization." They said I should check out the "Special Offers" on the web site. They said nothing about the ticket prices.

Based on this e-mail, I wonder if travel agents also lose out on the interline rate?

All things considered, this past year's actions by WDW has left a bitter taste in our mouths. I would never say that I won't go again...but it will be few and far between, rather than the several times a year we had been averaging the past three years.

How will the resorts fill those last minute empty rooms now?

Eric
We switched our WDW vacation to Universal. They still offer the interline rate 40% off. I was able to book a club level room at Hard rock for 246.00 per night. Tickets were also a lot cheaper too. Disney's loss I guess.
Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
ddeschon
Earning My Ears

What is number that you call for universal interline rates?
ddeschon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #23
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeschon View Post
What is number that you call for universal interline rates?
No special number just call the Universal reservations number on the website. All that is required is first nights deposit. Show your id at check in. It's very easy and cm's are great.
Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
maryrego
Mouseketeer

Awesome to know about Universal
Sucks about Disney though....
April 21-24th 2011 Babymoon CS
Nov 20-23 2008 Disney Cruise on the Wonder
Nov 14-20 2008 ASM, POFQ
Nov 10-17 2007 Family Vacation MK, EPCOT, MGM, AK, US, IOA
Dec 2-9th 2006 Disney Cruise Western Itin Honeymoon
Nov 24 -Dec 2 2006 Wedding Trip WDW CS
Nov 27th 2006 Wedding WP/LS
May 17th - May 22nd Wedding Planning Trip MGM and MK
Nov 25th - Dec 2 2005 US / IOA
Nov 12-19 2004 US / IOA
March 1989 1st Trip MK
maryrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
FlygirlHNL
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up!
FlygirlHNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
Mermaid2sea
DIS Veteran

Thanks - we are currently booked at Marriot Village. Might have to ring Universal. How do they compare with Disney?
2007 - Pop Century
2009 - Aug - Pop Century
2011 - Saratoga Springs

Mermaid2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #27
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid2sea View Post
Thanks - we are currently booked at Marriot Village. Might have to ring Universal. How do they compare with Disney?
As good as if not better. We are going back to Disney in the Fall with a bounceback offer. I'm not sure what we will do in the future as far as Disney is concerned. I won't go without at least 35% off. The Universal resorts are very nice. They are probably more deluxe than the Disney resorts. Rack rate is considerably less so if you add in 40% off its a very affordable vacation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: