Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #76
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Wrong face. The one who was X'd out was killed several episodes ago.
Oh. I guess I do need glasses.

He still sent Weston to the hotel though. I tend to think everyone is a follower though. They fooled me with the female cop so now I just suspect everyone.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #77
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4

It's getting a little too weird and over the top unbelievable for me. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with it.
This is how I feel too. Last night I asked DH why we are still watching this show. It's getting so stupid. He agreed.

Of course they're going to the ship yard without back up. Why would they want back up. If they had back up they might actually catch some people and make arrests. DH is like why is that lady Cop still outside? I was like I know. Of course Kevin Bacon would be in there alone. The stabbing scene was weird and pretty homoerotic. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just not very believable. And what was the point of killing that guy? If they were going to use his corpse to confuse Police maybe. They need to rethink things like that. They have a limited number of followers. They lost 5 at the ship yard then they killed one themselves.

Looks like Roderick liked being the top guy. Not that Joe Carol has arrived he's not the top guy any more. I won't be surprised if those two get into a power struggle.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #78
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
Looks like Roderick liked being the top guy. Not that Joe Carol has arrived he's not the top guy any more. I won't be surprised if those two get into a power struggle.
I agree, Roderick looked none too happy last night. I also don't know why I keep watching this. I don't know if they want you to think the new FBI guy is a follower as a plot twist or what. I will watch until the end of the season, but not sure if I will watch next year or not.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #79
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Oh. I guess I do need glasses.

He still sent Weston to the hotel though. I tend to think everyone is a follower though. They fooled me with the female cop so now I just suspect everyone.
I made the same mistake initially

And yes, I wondered about the hotel thing.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #80
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is how I feel too. Last night I asked DH why we are still watching this show. It's getting so stupid. He agreed.

Of course they're going to the ship yard without back up. Why would they want back up. If they had back up they might actually catch some people and make arrests. DH is like why is that lady Cop still outside? I was like I know. Of course Kevin Bacon would be in there alone. The stabbing scene was weird and pretty homoerotic. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just not very believable. And what was the point of killing that guy? If they were going to use his corpse to confuse Police maybe. They need to rethink things like that. They have a limited number of followers. They lost 5 at the ship yard then they killed one themselves.

The stabbing scene reminded me of a vampire killing someone.
I think the point was he was sacrificing himself because Joe needed to start killing again. Kind of like someone who volunteers to let a vampire feed off of them.

The thing that really annoyed me about the warehouse was why didn't they do something to the car. The bad guys can't get away if you put holes in their tires or pull some important wires out (can you tell I don't know much about car mechanics).
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #81
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

Quote:
I think I am done watching....I was sickened by this last episode.
Me, too. I couldn't sleep.... thinking about the stabbing. It was glorified. What really sickens me is that there are people out in the real world that are capable of doing these things for real. Just read about the sentencing of the police officer that was stalking girls to cook and eat them.

If they want to make this believable then the writers need to fill in some blanks. Why didn't the FBI call in everybody to chase down that car as it left the dock? They also need to show the good guys doing something right and getting something accomplished.

Yes, I know my TV has an "off" button. I keep watching and waiting for the good guys to win a round but its not happenin'.

Unlike a movie that is over in 1-2 hours, this is dragging on and on and even has internet groups that are savoring each and every detail. That is even more disturbing to me.
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #82
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

DH and I still like the show and look forward to it every week.

I am wondering how they will bring it all together.

Will Joe and ?Emma? raise Joe's son? Will ?Emma try and get to the wife first so she can kill her since she wants Joe so badly?

and I'm with everybody else here that thinks the new FBI guy is a Follower. I know it's too obvious and probably a red herring but what the heck...I'll take the bait.

DH and I have said the same thing about real life Following type people. I am sure they are out there. There's some wacky-doodle websites out there that let crazy people connect with each other.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #83
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I don't think I'll stop watching but I do agree that last week's show had too many holes in it. Especially, with the shipyard thing. They definitely should have had backup and the FBI woman outside should have been closer to the vehicle or at least disabled it in some way. Just too stupid.

I didn't immediately think the new FBI lead was a follower, I think he's just there to slow them down a little/tie their hands up a bit just to sort of frustrate the audience. It's probably exactly what would happen if this were real life--a new leader would come in and try to maintain/take control of a rogue ex-agent.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

I really liked last nights show. I like the different people it was focused on instead of the usual how can the FBI mess this week up.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #85
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Does anyone want to discuss what happened last night? I'm pissed. I want my money back (ok...technically I'm not out any money but you get the idea). My teenage daughter loved it. Said it was the best ending ever.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #86
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone want to discuss what happened last night? I'm pissed. I want my money back (ok...technically I'm not out any money but you get the idea). My teenage daughter loved it. Said it was the best ending ever.
Did not expect *that* ending.

Does anybody know if there is a second season?

The show is hokey but DH and I still like it and will still watch.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #87
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I loved it too!!

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #88
Tralliam
Mouseketeer

Loved it. Yes there is a second season. And I don't think the explosion did what they think it did.
Tralliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #89
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralliam View Post
Loved it. Yes there is a second season. And I don't think the explosion did what they think it did.

DH and I agree with you.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #90
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralliam View Post
Of course it didn't. Haven't those dummies ever seen a movie before? I can't believe they fell for that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: