Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #46
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
A new federal agent (Parker), also a female was brought in since the last one let Hardy (Kevin Bacon) speak to the killer Joe Carroll and he broke three of his fingers... Anyway she is very suspicious and appears to be a follower because she has a background in cult/religious extremists and runs the FBI's task force on cults. At the end of the episode she brought Carroll a large Edgar Allen Poe book since he mentioned in one of his interviews that he misses having something to read.

The security guard killed 3 girls at the sorority house.. Several others got away. He then went after Carroll's ex-wife and Hardy figured it out and saved her and was able to catch the security guard without killing him which is what the serial killer was not expecting.. maybe they can flip him and find out where the boy is but not likely since he was not the "follower" that runs the show on the outside. It appears that the babysitter is the one running things and she is involved with one of the boys that were the neighbors of the last victim of the Carroll. They showed flashbacks to when he enlisted her and how he was able to read her very quickly that she hated her mother and so he set her up with one of the boys and the 2 of them killed her mother. The house where the followers were hiding out for years was her house she grew up in, it turns out she signed in to visit Carroll in prison using her real name during her very first visit.. They found creepy masks and another follower at the house and he got away but confirmed that Hardy will die but just not that day.

They also showed flashbacks to how Hardy and the ex-wife got together. It was after she got a divorce and during the trial. They were together for 2 months but Hardy seemed to be the one who broke it off. The husband found out and wrote her a letter questioning this and when the son was taken, she went to speak with him and she confirmed that she had a relationship with Hardy. Since she is the one true love of the serial killer's life, he is hell bent on making Hardy suffer.

The very end showed a guy on a city street, wearing one of the creepy masks, lighting someone on fire at a vendor kiosk.

That's what I remember from the episode.
Excellent, concise report. I'm all ready to go for tonight now. Thanks so much!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #47
Dee77
DIS Veteran

So based on last night's episode, it seems like they are trying to make Parker look less like a follower. I am now thinking that the young agent, the one who is the second newest in the BAU may be a follower. The look on his face when the other agent was dead, the blood on his hands just did not seem right.. I don't know, I am so confused which just makes the show that much more interesting and addictive.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #48
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
So based on last night's episode, it seems like they are trying to make Parker look less like a follower. I am now thinking that the young agent, the one who is the second newest in the BAU may be a follower. The look on his face when the other agent was dead, the blood on his hands just did not seem right.. I don't know, I am so confused which just makes the show that much more interesting and addictive.
I still don't think either of them are. I think she and Ryan are going to turn out to be very similar people. I like her.
And I think he was just freaked out, there was so much blood, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. I liked that agent too, I wasn't pleased they killed him.
I can't wait for the flashback, where they finally show us the exact moment when Ryan realized that Joe is the killer!
The nanny is actually creepier than Joe, I don't like her at all, she gives me the heebie jeebies.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #49
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
I think the young agent had never had a guy die in his hands before. I don't think the BAU is really like Criminal Minds, with the Behavioral Analysists breaking down doors all the time and really being in the front lines. When I think of the real life people who created the real BAU or worked in that department: Robert Ressler, Brad Garrett, (expert consultant now on ABC & CNN news) and Pat Brown, who does the talk show rounds also as an expert consultant, they all look more book learned/desk jockey types than the "going through the door" Derek Morgan types. They probably hung out by the police vans wile the main teams went in, waiting to be consulted on the next step to take.

This show is definitely a psychological mind game between Bacon & Carroll. Some stuff is predictable. But, other parts keep us guessing.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #50
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

Argg...I missed last night! It's such a new show to me that I don't know the schedule yet. I have my Chicago Fire down but this one I totally forgot about! LOL

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
2013 Reading Challenge 257 out of 250
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #51
MinnieFanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle
Argg...I missed last night! It's such a new show to me that I don't know the schedule yet. I have my Chicago Fire down but this one I totally forgot about! LOL
Same here! I was soooo tired from sunday (bday party and superbowl together did me in) that i fell asleep.... Off to look for the recap!!
MinnieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #52
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Re: the clues on The Following's tumblr site: did they find Emma's diary under the stairs? (I missed it, if they did.)

http://welcometothefollowing.tumblr....st/40012338468

Also, I thought Emma killed her mother, but was she alive when she was placed in the wall?

Something else that might point to Parker being a "Friend":

http://welcometothefollowing.tumblr....st/40519856770

Interesting that the injury to Ryan became Joe's tribute to The Tell-Tale Heart.

Last edited by foreUT; 02-05-2013 at 06:01 PM.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #53
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

New episode tonight.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #54
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Darn, I missed it tonight. I wish there was still a re-play on Friday.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #55
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

omg....last night they filmed in our town!!! How cool and why did I have to work and miss it

My DD and hubby went to take a look and saw Kevin Bacon sitting in the front seat of a car. Didn't see much else and of course they would not let people close.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #56
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
omg....last night they filmed in our town!!! How cool and why did I have to work and miss it

My DD and hubby went to take a look and saw Kevin Bacon sitting in the front seat of a car. Didn't see much else and of course they would not let people close.

MJ
How exciting!!!!!!! I'd be on cloud 9 to see Kevin Bacon anywhere!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #57
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I think the young agent had never had a guy die in his hands before. I don't think the BAU is really like Criminal Minds, with the Behavioral Analysists breaking down doors all the time and really being in the front lines. When I think of the real life people who created the real BAU or worked in that department: Robert Ressler, Brad Garrett, (expert consultant now on ABC & CNN news) and Pat Brown, who does the talk show rounds also as an expert consultant, they all look more book learned/desk jockey types than the "going through the door" Derek Morgan types. They probably hung out by the police vans wile the main teams went in, waiting to be consulted on the next step to take.

This show is definitely a psychological mind game between Bacon & Carroll. Some stuff is predictable. But, other parts keep us guessing.
I think the young agent, Mike Weston, is "Nevermore" who lost a loved one, Sophia, Victim #11. IMO, the way he looks at the victim photo-boards reveals that he felt he let her down by not stopping it. According to the clues left on fox.com's The Following site, the Friends know that Nevermore is searching for them and was doing so before Joe escaped. Lots of backstory on fox's site.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #58
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

WOW! A great episode that I didn't want to end!!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
2013 Reading Challenge 257 out of 250
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #59
trip
family trip planner

I think this show is dropping out of my tv watching rotation. Just too many things that are driving me crazy. The FBI seems so slow -only sent 2 cars looking for the house??? Didn't do any background check on the attorney. They should have known she was sending a message. Who wouldn't notice her hand and wonder about that. The agent that fell for the "I'm just going to the bathroom" ploy. It all just seems sooo sloppy. I love Kevin Bacon but I'll just have to wait for his next show.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #60
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle View Post
WOW! A great episode that I didn't want to end!!
I am looking forward to next week, too. There should be some new clues up at:

http://welcometothefollowing.tumblr.com/tagged/PROLOGUE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: