Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #31
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul
 
starann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hellertown, PA
Posts: 2,469

GEtting ready for tonight!
__________________
Star
Momma to
Christopher ^i^ 4-24-98
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #32
irish dancer
DIS Veteran
 
irish dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago West burbs
Posts: 1,797

DH and I are watching. The first episode had almost too much going on but hooked us. Second episode added to it. looking forward to the remaining 12.

Question - is the new FBI agent a Follower? Why did she give Joe the Poe book?
__________________
Anne Marie(me) dh dd17 ds14 dd13
HHI Spring Break 2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2432610
Spectrum Moms Take on the World TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2537308&page=2
irish dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
KiKi Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 1,683

Maybe *she* is a follower?

DH and I are hooked too.
__________________
Enjoying the mouse since 2007. Now as new DVC members at BLT
KiKi Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!
 
DisneyMommyMichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rockford, IL but oh how i wish it was WDW!
Posts: 26,420

Alright, I have watched both episodes and I am hooked. It is not the normal type of show I watch but Kevin Bacon is extraordinary!!!!
__________________
My husband and I were married in WDW on 9-2-2004!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #35
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer
 
Braden's Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 143

Love this show!
__________________
- Kimberly -

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Braden's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #36
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day
 
Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Mostly the basement
Posts: 20,698

Isn't it great to see a network tv show with scripts and actual actors? Really good actors too
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #37
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!
 
JoiseyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Joisey
Posts: 7,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I was surprised at how easy it was for Kevin to find the killer once he kidnapped the doctor girl. It seems almost as if he wanted to be recaptured. He definitely could have done things differently to at least prolong how long he was out in the free world. At least long enough to see his son or possibly kill his ex wife.

It really wasn't a surprise. It was what the killer wanted. He is the puppet master pulling the strings. He can still pull them from prison. He would never have been able to hide out being free, he would have been tracked down and killed. He knew Kevin would find him, and left the breadcrumbs for him to find, and he knew the feds would be right behind him. Did you hear him yell I surrender? He wants to be safe in jail to mess with their heads.

He has already laid out his plans to his followers to follow. Now he gets to watch..
__________________
1973 Dec - First trip, off site. 1978 June - Senior trip for High School; 1980 Summer - Quick off site w/ college friends; 1998 January - January First Onsite Family Trip CBR
2001/2 Dec/Jan - First family Poly trip; 2003/4 Dec/Jan - Extended Family Trip Rented 4 bed house
2004 August - My surprise trip (no kids)!!! Pop/Poly/GF/AKL; 2004 Nov - Jersey Week AKL & Timeshare
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #38
3smithboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,419

Loved the shows.... I will be following!

I was also wondering if the agent who is in charge of the cults is a follower or if she is messing with him/trying to gain his trust(make him think that she is on his side) by giving him to Poe book. I guess it could go either way and we will have to wait and see....

I watched both this show and The Americans this week and like this one much better... I may give the Americans another try, but this show has me and DH hooked!
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #39
ronandannette
DIS Veteran
 
ronandannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle View Post
Alright, I have watched both episodes and I am hooked. It is not the normal type of show I watch but Kevin Bacon is extraordinary!!!!
Missed the second and can't stream FOX without an American ISP address. Can you catch me up? TIA!
__________________
DL & Monarch of The Seas 2004 * WDW & Mariner of the Seas 2006 * DL & DCA 2011 * DL & DCA 2013 * DL & DCA 2014
ronandannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
Dee77
DIS Veteran
 
Dee77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orange County NY
Posts: 2,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
Missed the second and can't stream FOX without an American ISP address. Can you catch me up? TIA!
A new federal agent (Parker), also a female was brought in since the last one let Hardy (Kevin Bacon) speak to the killer Joe Carroll and he broke three of his fingers... Anyway she is very suspicious and appears to be a follower because she has a background in cult/religious extremists and runs the FBI's task force on cults. At the end of the episode she brought Carroll a large Edgar Allen Poe book since he mentioned in one of his interviews that he misses having something to read.

The security guard killed 3 girls at the sorority house.. Several others got away. He then went after Carroll's ex-wife and Hardy figured it out and saved her and was able to catch the security guard without killing him which is what the serial killer was not expecting.. maybe they can flip him and find out where the boy is but not likely since he was not the "follower" that runs the show on the outside. It appears that the babysitter is the one running things and she is involved with one of the boys that were the neighbors of the last victim of the Carroll. They showed flashbacks to when he enlisted her and how he was able to read her very quickly that she hated her mother and so he set her up with one of the boys and the 2 of them killed her mother. The house where the followers were hiding out for years was her house she grew up in, it turns out she signed in to visit Carroll in prison using her real name during her very first visit.. They found creepy masks and another follower at the house and he got away but confirmed that Hardy will die but just not that day.

They also showed flashbacks to how Hardy and the ex-wife got together. It was after she got a divorce and during the trial. They were together for 2 months but Hardy seemed to be the one who broke it off. The husband found out and wrote her a letter questioning this and when the son was taken, she went to speak with him and she confirmed that she had a relationship with Hardy. Since she is the one true love of the serial killer's life, he is hell bent on making Hardy suffer.

The very end showed a guy on a city street, wearing one of the creepy masks, lighting someone on fire at a vendor kiosk.

That's what I remember from the episode.
__________________



Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #41
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,401

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmermaidzlagoon
that was pretty intense! Going to be watching next week.

Only thing I don't like is the heart thing - what is the point if it is going to continually bother him - but we know he is going to survive every week...
I wasn't crazy about the heart issue either. Could have left that out of the script.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 13,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys View Post
Loved the shows.... I will be following!

I was also wondering if the agent who is in charge of the cults is a follower or if she is messing with him/trying to gain his trust(make him think that she is on his side) by giving him to Poe book. I guess it could go either way and we will have to wait and see....

I watched both this show and The Americans this week and like this one much better... I may give the Americans another try, but this show has me and DH hooked!
I wonder about this as well.

I think the "gay" couple had a different car in episode 2. But either of them would have had OnStar. Interesting they weren't tracked.

Also wonder why the missing guard's face wasn't all over the news since they knew he was in on it.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #43
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's
 
Imzadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"
Posts: 24,296

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I was surprised at how easy it was for Kevin to find the killer once he kidnapped the doctor girl. It seems almost as if he wanted to be recaptured. He definitely could have done things differently to at least prolong how long he was out in the free world. At least long enough to see his son or possibly kill his ex wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
It really wasn't a surprise. It was what the killer wanted. He is the puppet master pulling the strings. He can still pull them from prison. He would never have been able to hide out being free, he would have been tracked down and killed. He knew Kevin would find him, and left the breadcrumbs for him to find, and he knew the feds would be right behind him. Did you hear him yell I surrender? He wants to be safe in jail to mess with their heads.

He has already laid out his plans to his followers to follow. Now he gets to watch..
He wanted to be caught so he could mess with Bacon face to face, knowing he's still in charge pulling the strings with his followers. It's all a mind game to him. Remember, he was a professor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I wasn't crazy about the heart issue either. Could have left that out of the script.
I think that was added in so that Bacon isn't really fully back on the force and can therefore break the rules now and again, where he couldn't if he was a full agent again. It's not like he has to worried about being fired after this one case is over with. He can go back to retirement and his heart disability.
__________________
"The Community Board -- Beating a dead horse one thread at a time." ~wvjules
..
"It is estimated that there are one billion stars, like ours, and in all the universe.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
MinnieFanatic
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 25

I am also wondering about the FBI head with the Poe book. Dh thinks she is 100 percent a follower and hes usually right. I thought that would be TOO obvious but I did think maybe thats part of why she blew KB off when he wanted a gun...made him a easy target at the abandoned lighthouse etc....look forward to tomorrow!!
MinnieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #45
foreUT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
DH and I are watching. The first episode had almost too much going on but hooked us. Second episode added to it. looking forward to the remaining 12.

Question - is the new FBI agent a Follower? Why did she give Joe the Poe book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFanatic View Post
I am also wondering about the FBI head with the Poe book. Dh thinks she is 100 percent a follower and hes usually right. I thought that would be TOO obvious but I did think maybe thats part of why she blew KB off when he wanted a gun...made him a easy target at the abandoned lighthouse etc....look forward to tomorrow!!
Kevin Bacon's character acted a bit suspicious of her, too. I agree it seems obvious, though. Like the ambivalence.

If no one has mentioned this: there are "clues" about the "friends" at http://welcometothefollowing.tumblr.com
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.