Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #46
PammyK
DIS Veteran
 
PammyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In my own little corner of the world
Posts: 1,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_fan View Post
We have a Sunday departure in May and are staying at Hyatt MCO Sat night. Anyone know of a Catholic church near the airport for vigil Mass?
Blessed Trinity is probably the closest - they have a 5:00 vigil Mass on Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, while a priest visits MCO every Sunday to celebrate Mass in the airport chapel, the chapel is inside the security checkpoint area so you can't get to it unless you have a boarding pass. Although, you could always check with the Hyatt to see if perhaps they have some sort of hotel guest/resident pass that would allow you to pass through security to visit the Chapel. I attended Mass in the Chapel once when I was flying on a Sunday morning and it was a lovely, intimate experience.
__________________
-Pam
PammyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #47
penguins_fan
Mouseketeer
 
penguins_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyK View Post
Blessed Trinity is probably the closest - they have a 5:00 vigil Mass on Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, while a priest visits MCO every Sunday to celebrate Mass in the airport chapel, the chapel is inside the security checkpoint area so you can't get to it unless you have a boarding pass. Although, you could always check with the Hyatt to see if perhaps they have some sort of hotel guest/resident pass that would allow you to pass through security to visit the Chapel. I attended Mass in the Chapel once when I was flying on a Sunday morning and it was a lovely, intimate experience.
Thanks, I'll look into this, Sunday am in the airport would be perfect!

And thanks to DL1957 and buckeyemom16 re: masstimes.org and especially the phone app. I've used masstimes.org, its a great idea but the site isn't the smoothest to navigate - I'll try the smart phone app.
penguins_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #48
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer
 
melglnh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 435

Does anyone know if there will be a mass on Feb 24 during the Eastern Fantasy cruise and if so what time? Or will I need to wait and look at my Navigator once onboard?
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #49
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o View Post
Does anyone know if there will be a mass on Feb 24 during the Eastern Fantasy cruise and if so what time? Or will I need to wait and look at my Navigator once onboard?
You'll have to check your Navigator. DCL makes arrangements for clergy to be onboard for services on the big holidays, the rest of the year it's a matter of whether a member of the clergy is sailing and wishes to conduct a service. If so, DCL makes space available and should list it in the Navigator.
__________________


DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer
 
melglnh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
You'll have to check your Navigator. DCL makes arrangements for clergy to be onboard for services on the big holidays, the rest of the year it's a matter of whether a member of the clergy is sailing and wishes to conduct a service. If so, DCL makes space available and should list it in the Navigator.
Thanks. Only 5 more days until we sail!
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.