Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
LuvDisney09
Mouseketeer

Question Nursery/Excursion questions

We will be traveling with and 8 year old and a 10 month old. I want to make sure everyone has a good trip but worried cause there is such an age difference and keeping both kids satisfied along with giving me and hubby at least one quite dinner. I just had a few questions and thought I could get some answers.

Does nursery give you phone/pager in case they need you?

Is the nursery open on the days we are at islands? If so can you leave child in nursery while you do and excursion?

Can you take baby on excursions?

Should we take a car seat for travel on islands?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDisney09 View Post
We will be traveling with and 8 year old and a 10 month old. I want to make sure everyone has a good trip but worried cause there is such an age difference and keeping both kids satisfied along with giving me and hubby at least one quite dinner. I just had a few questions and thought I could get some answers.

Does nursery give you phone/pager in case they need you? Every room has 2 wave phones. These are basically cell phones that work onboard and at Castaway Cay. That's what they would use to contact you. One note, wear the wavephone on your person, they only vibrate, not ring.

Is the nursery open on the days we are at islands? If so can you leave child in nursery while you do and excursion?Yes, you may leave your child(ren) in the nursery and/or kids clubs onboard while you are off ship. They will not be able to reach you unless it's a DCL excursion, however.

Can you take baby on excursions?As long as there is no age restriction, yes.

Should we take a car seat for travel on islands? Excursion transportation does not (for the most part) have the necessary seat belts for attaching car seats. In fact, some might be really a covered truck bed with slightly better than bench seating.

Thanks in advance
See my answers in red.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
LuvDisney09
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the info!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: