DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
1946fromjriteon
Earning My Ears

Memories

Memories at Disney.....we used to go frequently......those were Great days.
Our Aunt who Passed 5 years did not want to Disney, but somehow we got her there. She LOVED it.....she went 5 times after that......She has passed, but I think she still has all those memories. They were priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!
1946fromjriteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

it's great when you get to share disney and the memories

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

kiddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

What a cherished time. We loved our last trip with my DFIL and talk about it often. It was Oct 2004 and he passed Oct 2005 after a lenghty illness which is why we went the year before. His first time using a scooter, his shopping (that DMIL enjoyed watching), his security guards of DH and DBIL walking on either side of the scooter at all times. That is one of my favorite photos of the three of them.

DMIL goes with us every year or other year depending on her budget and plans and continues to love Disney as much as us. She stays with us at AKV in a studio and has not ventured back to CSR where she stayed with DFIL. Each and every time we go we talk and laugh about that trip. He spent it with his wife, three children, their spouses and his two grandkids. I loved him very much.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1946fromjriteon View Post
Memories at Disney.....we used to go frequently......those were Great days.
Our Aunt who Passed 5 years did not want to Disney, but somehow we got her there. She LOVED it.....she went 5 times after that......She has passed, but I think she still has all those memories. They were priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's so wonderful! It reminds me of a somewhat similar memory I've got. Dad passed away a few weeks ago. Mom always wanted to go with him to WDW (she'd gone with me and LOVED it), but he refused to go. Finally, he consented, mostly to shut her up I think, and while there, he called me every day to tell me what a wonderful time he was having and to describe his day. Once there he'd "gotten" it. One of his last words in the hospital was about how he had to get better so they could go back to WDW.
Here's a picture I never thought I'd see-

Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
That's so wonderful! It reminds me of a somewhat similar memory I've got. Dad passed away a few weeks ago. Mom always wanted to go with him to WDW (she'd gone with me and LOVED it), but he refused to go. Finally, he consented, mostly to shut her up I think, and while there, he called me every day to tell me what a wonderful time he was having and to describe his day. Once there he'd "gotten" it. One of his last words in the hospital was about how he had to get better so they could go back to WDW.
Here's a picture I never thought I'd see-

What a Wonderful memory!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
So sorry that you lost your Dad recently but that is a great memory to have!

It's similar for me in that we had gone to Disney when I was young but when my mother moved in with us two years before she passed she hadn't been for probably close to 20 years and did not think she would go again. But she didn't want to get left behind when we were going so off we went and soon she was asking as frequently as anyone when we were going back! We had 3 trips with her in those 2 years and were just a week away from a 4th when we lost her. Very special memories indeed.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Great picture Simba's Mom, gotta love those ears! 1946fromjriteon those memories last a lifetime! My son, now 16 asks me all the time, "Why do you take so many pictures?" My answer, "To help us remember the ones we love and all of the good times we've had together!"

I think I love Disney so much because of the times I spent there in the 70" and 80" with my parents, who are both gone now!

Thanks for bringing back some of those memories, on a dreary Monday!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Paticake
DIS Veteran

I love your picture. Memories are priceless. We brought my mom to Disney 3 times. She had had a stroke and was in a wheelchair. She felt like they treated her like a queen. She died last spring but she continued to talk about her Disney vacations right up until the end. She had been in rehab before she passed and one day when I walked in and she was in therapy and talking about Disney with her therapist. We will never forget those times. Sorry about the lose of your dad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: