Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
that is sooo much food also. you will leave a lot heavier than you came! I would do some 2ts credit meals and get rid of double ts restaurants per day to get rid of your ddp
I'm going to choose to ignore your other post to the OP.

This one however? Not entirely true. Yes, it is a lot of food, but there is no rule stating they have to be charter members of the clean plate club! Additionally, my family and I always do the deluxe dining plan and have NEVER gained an ounce at Disney. We are active enough while there that the excess calories don't cause any damage.

Now, I do agree that I'd plan in some of the 2TS credit meals, but only because there are some that I absolutely adore and look forward to each trip
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12
that is sooo much food also. you will leave a lot heavier than you came! I would do some 2ts credit meals and get rid of double ts restaurants per day to get rid of your ddp
I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but perhaps you would want to consider some of the signature meals as opposed to spending all that time on 1 credit places - there is so much to do at the World, why waste all that time on meh quality food?
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #18
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
... there is so much to do at the World, why waste all that time on meh quality food?
There is a lot of truth to this. Two single TS meals a day often leads to a lot of wasted time waiting to be seated and then sitting through the meal with the payoff being a very average, non-memborable meal. I would urge you to consider trying more Signature restaurants for dinner and not using up so much time in the middle of the day at places that serve institutional food. Put some combination of California Grill, Citricos, Artists Point, Jiko, Brown Derby and Flying Fish on your list and I assure you that you will eat better, will feel as if you "splurged" and will come away with far more culinary memories. I would much rather have a burger from Pecos Bill's and a meal at Citricos than a meal at both LTT and Crystal Palace on the same day.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZombie View Post
Hello, My Honeymoon at Disney world start October 22 this year. We're really excited. I've been doing a lot of Homework on where we will be eating. I'd Like some general Advise on the Restaurants Listed. My Questions are : When would be the best time to set up Lunch or Dinner time's so it doesn't conflict with ride times? What you think of these Restaurants dishes and Alcoholic Drinks? As for Dinner, do they provide take out boxes?

We will be on the Deluxe Dinning plan because we plan to Splurge, and I have also looked on whether it's worth it or not, we feel it is.

Tuesday 22 - Magic Kingdom
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner- The Crystal Palace
Wednesday 23 - Epcot
Lunch- Rose and Crown Pub
Dinner- The Garden Grill
Thursday 24 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast- Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner- Be Our Guest Resturant
Friday 25 - Epcot
Lunch- Biergarten
Dinner- Le Cellier's
Saturday 26 - Hollywood Studios & Downtown Disney
Lunch- Sci-Fi Dine in
Dinner- Planet Hollywood
Sunday 27 - Animal Kingdom
Lunch- Flame Tree Barbque
Dinner- Tusker's House

That's pretty much how our week is set up, it might change some depending on what events are going on during the food and wine festival, and Mickey's not so scary Halloween. Some of the places are more for the experience than the food. We also have one more choice to add in a 1 credit Table Service in there, I'm thinking we might go to Downtown Disney a second time and use it there.
Just one thing I was curious about, have you considered dining at any of the resorts? There are MANY really good resort restaurants. You may want to take a break from the parks for a day or even part of the day.

AKL is such a unique resort to visit and theres so much to see there and all of their restaurants are quite good.

The BW area is a fun place at night with so many dining options at the BW/S/D as well as the YC/BC.

Just a thought. And, btw, what you have chosen is not a lot of food especially if your talking 2 sit downs a day. We easily do 2 sit downs a day and food in between (and I am very health conscious)...and it's your honeymoon...EAT as much as you want LOL!
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
And, btw, what you have chosen is not a lot of food especially if your talking 2 sit downs a day.
Well, to be fair, four of the six days include All You Care To Eat ADRs. So how much food they receive (or take) on those days is entirely up to them. Those could be 1,200 calorie days, or they could be 4,000 calorie days. Their choice.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Careful what you ask for, you just might get it! Opinions, opinions, judgements..

Here's my 2 or 3 cents worth!

Agree with Biergarten and Le Cellier but it really depends on you, personally I only do one big meal a day, always very late in the day, or else I can't walk around and ride or worst yet sample other goodies!

As far as F&W, it basically ruins my appetite for a meal of any kind. By the time I've tried a hand full of booths, I'm not eating a sit down dinner at a restaurant so I do not make ADR's for a day spent there!

As far as Planet Hollywood, I haven't eaten there since it opened, there must be a reason, can't remember why but from the posts above, it's becoming clear that the food's an issue! At DTD I would try Ragland's instead, love the food and the ambiance!

and my last cent.... I dislike Disney buffets other than Cape May, Tusker House Character Breakfast and Boma(dinner) form time to time... but I'm in the minority here!!!

Happy Honeymooning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If I were watching my calories it certainly wouldn't be on my honeymoon or at Disney!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
DisneyZombie
Earning My Ears

Well thank you everyone for the advice, it does give me a lot to think over.
I understand we might be wasting money by choosing Sci-fi and Flame-tree Barbque but I find Sci-fi appealing more for the experience and I went to Disney four years ago and what I remember most vividly about it was Flame-tree barbque, maybe I'll do a signature that day and pay for that out of pocket.

I find it a little un-appealing to travel to all the hotels just to sit down and have dinner, it just seems like a bit of a hassle. we actually were going to stay at AKL but we wanted another day so we downgraded the hotels, funny thing is I never planned to try any of those restaurants.

We do intend too eat dinner late as possible though, with lunch usually being around 12. Sadly no, we don't usually clean out plates, but it's more about just tasting different things and doing something we don't usually do, like ever getting dessert with our meal. I'm not too worried about gaining weight, We will do a lot of walking and You haven't seen my mother so genetics might not be on my side in another 10 years so I'll be happy to enjoy the food while I can

I'll talk to my fiance about switching le cellar's around though and maybe even taking a lunch out one day and spending more snack credits on the booths instead. I'm a little uncertain if we will be for sure eating at those restaurants because I haven't seen the the events for the F&W festival.

Thanks for the advice, it really helps.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
kris4360
DIS Veteran

I think everything looks great! Enjoy your trip!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: