Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Fife View Post
What? How an you say this?

Don't you know the weather is chili today, hot tamale? You never sausage a place. At least that's what Pedro sez.
Yep, that's what I mean - that's why we just on by

we live near Falls Lake
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Fife View Post
Don't you know the weather is chili today, hot tamale? You never sausage a place. At least that's what Pedro sez.

It's the Wall Drug of the East!

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
fishngjb
fishngjb

The New Green Acres Camp Ground has all pull thrus and is very good for overnight, without unhooking tow or trailers. Very reasonable and just off I-95 in Walterboro, SC, just north of Ga. state line.
Also the Florida Welcome Center does allow overnight. I called the center and asked and was told it is patroled, safe, a little noisy with trucks running and in and out, but well lighted.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Am in complete agreement about *south of the border*!! Get so sick of their stupid signs. We never see many cars there, so really wonder how they stay in business. My dh & I play guessing games about what *really* keeps them in business We, too, would never go there.
That's one of our car games - what is the "real" business there, money laundering, drug smuggling, gun smuggling,

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
kazlac4
Mouseketeer

Here is a link for all the CGs along I-95. You can check out the websites and/or reviews of each prior to leaving for your trip, and this should help you decide where (or where not) to stop for the night. It has helped us in the past.

This is the link: http://www.i95exitguide.com/camping/index.php
2006 - All Star Movies
2009 - Fort Wilderness
2010 - Fort Wilderness
2011 - All Star Movies
2013 - Fort Wilderness
kazlac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
jeepfreak
Mouseketeer

When we used to travel 95 from Ma. we would make it in one overnight stop and that would be South Of The Border (863 miles). The campground is only a couple hundred ft from the ramp and its to the left and behind the gas station. It's cheap and has a ton of pull thru's , and full hookups but no cable. It's just what travelers want. No frills , safe and cheap. Don't know about the rest of the place cause we just cook a burger and hit the sack. Oh , they also have an easy to fill propane station at the office. Now we avoid 95 and don't pick it up till S.C.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
time for Tink
Earning My Ears

ArielRay, We live just north west of Baltimore and usually make the trip in two days. Depending on the schedule we will night in SC or Ga. Plenty of camp grounds along 95 in both states that are open year round. If you prefer a truck stop, Pilot/Flying J has 2 in Ga. and 2 in SC. (3 if their new one in St. George is open now) Challenge is on return trip. This time of year no camp grounds are open from NC/Va line north. Go to web site for Pilot/ Flying J for locations. We have also stayed at a Cracker Barrel for a few hrs of shut eye on an emergency return home. Spoke to the manager and he had no problem with it. Have a splendiferous stay at FW.
time for Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
scotty4040
Earning My Ears

In Townsend, GA there is a campground just off the exit, McIntosh Lake CG. Nice place with showers, full hookups, pull through sites, and only $25 per night. Well worth it!
scotty4040 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: