Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Bishope2
Earning My Ears

CAR ReNTAL RENTAL RETURN AT DISNEY: Best Option

Greetings,

My wife and I will be staying at the Grand Floridian. We will be traveling from another part of the state to finish our vacation. Presently, we plan on dropping of the car at the airport at the end of our stay.

With that said, we are renting through National and I know they have several locations on site to do a drop off. They are Shades fo Green, the Auto Center and either the Dolphin or Swan. The best part, it appears we would save $250 off of our rental by doing this. Then the options open up for limo service, bus service, etc and we would still save money.

So, I have a question. As mentioned, we are staying at the GF. With the options above, which would be the best drop off location. I dont really want to waste alot of time. You folks understand that. Thoughts please.
Bishope2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

Use the car center. It's close to the GF and they will give you a ride back to your hotel. We did this and it took just a few minutes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Poly and picked up our rental car at the Car Care Center. The CCC is minutes from the GF/Poly and CR so I would drop off my car there. If you are renting thru National, sign up for their free Emerald Isle service. The Emerald rep will meet you outside the CCC and you can drop off your keys and go. They will have a shuttle to take you back to the GF.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Bishope2
Earning My Ears

AWESOME! I really appreciate the quick responses. Sure beats dropping off at the airport on day of departure. In addition, now if we want we can use a car service, which we have used before. Nice way to end a vacation.
Bishope2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: