Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I think they also want you to have access to gift shops on your way out

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Other than Epcot, aren't all the parks one entrance/exit? Must be some kind of crowd control thing. Maybe it's making sure that everyone who came through a turnstile, exits through a turnstile? Maybe not, because certainly one could enter through the International Gateway at Epcot and exit out of FW.
I think it also has a lot to do with transportation. If there could be an alternate exit, how would you get to your bus, boat, monorail or car?? These are all accessed from the entrance (except the International Gateway at Epcot). If they did build an alternate exit to F. as the OP suggested (including a bridge tall enough for the friendhip boats to pass under), it would be a LOOONG walk back to the buses or parking lot.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #18
Mom2darlingboys
Mouseketeer

I have often thought this myself. There is a gate (I believe - or is it just a fence that could BECOME a gate??) that could let out right by the friendship docks (cannot tell you how many times I wondered why they didn't create an 'auxiliary' exit there while waiting for a friendship boat to take us to BWV!). The buses are just a bit further. And it would save you that long walk around.

The only two things we could come up with is:

a) people may exit there, then complain they didn't know it would take them out of the park and they want back in to shop/meet someone, etc. causing a mess at the gates where everyone else is exiting, and potentially creating traffic as they walk against the flow like salmon swimming upstream.

and

b) It wouldn't be Disney if they didn't make us all walk much further than necessary and potentially even humanly impossible (part of my conspiracy theory that Disney purposely spaces things so far apart and implements crowd control measures to ensure excessive walking) to wear people down so they leave the parks early and they can fit more guests!). I can almost hear my DH's eyes rolling as I type this!

Sure would love that gate, Disney, if you're listening. I promise I'll do plenty of shopping during the day if you'd let me out by the boat docks!!!

May 2008 POFQ - May 2009 POFQ - May 2010 CBR - October 2011 POR - September 2012 BWV - February 2013 BC/Poly - December 2013 POR - May 2014 POR/POLY - Dec 2014/Jan 2015 POR
Mom2darlingboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
Stitch407
Florida Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
I think they also want you to have access to gift shops on your way out
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Everything has to lead to gift shops = WDW Rule
Stitch407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: