Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Planning March 2013 trip

Oh my heavens, I have no idea how it has happened but it looks like we'll be heading to the World in March for a surprise trip for the kids.

Right now the group consists of my family (2 adults, 3 kids - 6, 4 and 3) and my brother-in-law and his daughter (9 at travel time). We are looking at staying at Port Orleans - Riverside checking in March 13, leaving March 19. We're getting 5 day, non-hopper tickets. The only sticking point is choosing to do the dining plan or not.

We'll have a car that can fit all of us (we're driving down, they're flying) so going off property to get food/eat out is an option.

My husband wants to eat at the Biergarten and my BIL wants to do at least one character meal.

From what I can figure out, IF we do the dining plan it would be more economical to do the DDP as opposed to the quick service plan (one sit down meal for my family of 5 would almost cover the difference between the two plans.)

Am I doing the math wrong? Suggestions?
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

The dining plan is $57 for adults and $19 for children, this gives you one sit down, one counter and one snack.

You are very late to make reservations so you may want to make reservations ASAP so that you know where your eating. If you can't get the sit down reservations you want will you want to choose another restaurant or just do counter service.

You may want to look at allears.net, they have the menus and the prices so you can compare out of pocket costs to the DP.

If you find you cant get the sit down meals you want it may be worth it to consider the quick service plan, two counter service meal and one snack per day $38 for adults and $15 for children.

I hope that helped, enjoy your trip!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

I know we're late, but I've been finding reservations with very little problem . . . knock on wood! Now I just have to wait and see if my husband actually gets his leave approved. I put a reminder in my calendar to cance any reservations that we don't need if we end up not being able to go.
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

I was going to say the same thing - that you are pretty late for dining reservations. It's encouraging that you are finding them! One suggestion I have is to get the park hopper. We've done it with and without the park hopper and it is so much easier with it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

You will pay the price for the Dining person PP and PD for the entire length of stay. If the only restaurants you want to go to are biergarten and one character meal. You will be losing value on the DDP for every day there is not a TS meal planned.

Biergarten is one Credit and Character meals are one credit for the most part and under 30.00 PP out of pocket for adults and under 20.00 for children excluding tax/tips.

Good Luck with your decision and happy planning
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: