Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #31
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Wow that is crazy damage!! I don't understand how that happens.

Love that you spent some time relaxing by the pool! There seems to be so little time for relaxing on Disney vacations

Are you wearing Toy Story toms?? I'm jealous!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #32
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh my gosh, how do you even do that much damage to a suitcase? Drop it from the plane mid flight?! That's crazy, but at least she had her stuff I guess.

Sounds like you had a really relaxing day at the pool. I know I have commented on them before, but your Toy Story Toms are SO CUTE!
I have no clue! I wonder what actually caused that.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Wow that is crazy damage!! I don't understand how that happens.

Love that you spent some time relaxing by the pool! There seems to be so little time for relaxing on Disney vacations

Are you wearing Toy Story toms?? I'm jealous!
Normally when I go to DIsney there is no time for pool time so it was definitely nice.
I am wearing toy story toms! I've sort of started becoming obsessed with painting Disney shoes, I have a total of 3 now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoSamma View Post

Normally when I go to DIsney there is no time for pool time so it was definitely nice.
I am wearing toy story toms! I've sort of started becoming obsessed with painting Disney shoes, I have a total of 3 now.

That's so cool! Do you paint them yourself?!

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 02-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy

that's so cool! Do you paint them yourself?!
i do!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #35
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoSamma View Post
i do!!!
I'm so impressed! That takes so much talent!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #36
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hi Sam!!! I just wanted to tell you that I recently caught up with BOTH of your trip reports and I love them! They're so much fun! I figured I'd comment over here since the other one is closer to being over (at least I think???) hahah. Can't wait for more! (<-- He doesn't really have anything to do with... anything... I just like him.)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi Sam I recognized your face from reading your sister's trip reports. So glad you got to take advantage of such cheap flights. I'm enjoying reading along on your adventure. Now it's time to get in the parks. It must be hard being so close and not actually going inside. Great start!

ETA: I had to come back and tell you how much I love the title. I must have watched Pitch Perfect ten times with my kids. Love that movie and and "Acca" is what made me click on your trip report. So glad that I did.

Last edited by Grumpy's Wife; 02-01-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Love the title
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #38
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi Sam!!! I just wanted to tell you that I recently caught up with BOTH of your trip reports and I love them! They're so much fun! I figured I'd comment over here since the other one is closer to being over (at least I think???) hahah. Can't wait for more! (<-- He doesn't really have anything to do with... anything... I just like him.)
Hi there
Thanks for reading I'm really glad you are enjoying them so far. And yes the other one is almost done. It seems like I just started it, but that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi Sam I recognized your face from reading your sister's trip reports. So glad you got to take advantage of such cheap flights. I'm enjoying reading along on your adventure. Now it's time to get in the parks. It must be hard being so close and not actually going inside. Great start!

ETA: I had to come back and tell you how much I love the title. I must have watched Pitch Perfect ten times with my kids. Love that movie and and "Acca" is what made me click on your trip report. So glad that I did.

Hello there! I'm so happy I could get such cheap flights if that wasn't the case this trip would have not happened. It's definitely different not going to the parks everyday but on the other hand I got to do things that I normally don't have time to do so it was nice.

I LOVE Pitch perfect. I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as we speak
Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #39
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

DTD Kind Of Night

After a short bus ride on our motor coach we arrived at DTD and ready to eat! We headed straight to Wolfgang Puck Express, it’s been way to long since I been here. Since we were suppose to eat here last night I was already prepared for what I was going to be ordering.

We ordered, got our drinks and found a table.

soon our delicious food arrived and I was ready to dig in!

I went with the Chicken Alfredo with peas and bacon. Leandra and Andrew followed my lead and got the same.

Don’t let this picture deceive you, there are a LOT of noodles on the plate. The last time I had it I split it with my brother and it filled me up.

Alicia decided to be different and went with one of the pizzas

While taking these pictures Alicia learned a trick from her old roommate who was photopass. She lit up the food by using her flashlight app on her phone…

Wolfgang is sooo good! And if you are on the dining plan it is a really worth the QS credit. I was the fatty who ate all of my alfredo and I don’t regret any of it. Leandra and Andy were getting full about half way… it made me look like a real big fatty. Alicia was doing well on her pizza normally she is the one to eat everything so it made me feel better about myself.

As we were eating the cutest baby was sitting at the table across from us. And then her mother put cheetah mickey mouse ears on her, like she couldn’t get any cuter!

As everyone seemed to slow down on their meal it was time for me to attack my dessert. I got the crème brulee, which being the fatty that I am I ate all of it.

Leandra got the cheesecake, which she seemed to really enjoy.

Andy got a cookie and I want to say Alicia got a brownie? I don’t really remember…

We left to shop till we drop! Only because Alicia had a really good CM discount off of merchandise for the holiday season so how could I not use her for it? Our first stop was Trend-D, which I wanted to buy a lot of the clothing, but never did. After trend-D we went over to Basin. This was a funny moment of the trip. We used their hand scrub but Andy had the funniest reaction to it ever. When he washed his hands he did not enjoy the “slimy” feeling aka how soft his hands were. We all got a good laugh about it. Once our hand scrub moment we were off to venture into the world of disney!

I love this store but HATE the crowds, it’s so big you wouldn’t think it should be so hard to move around. At first we all stuck together and then somewhere we all just seemed to go our separate ways.

I found the most perfect pillow pet….it was rex from toy story! Um yes I LOVE toy story! I didn’t get him because I just got a simba one that I love he is so cozy. And the price that Alicia got it was definitely worth it. Thank you CM Stores!

Leandra and I where looking at tshirts when I saw the Buzz Lightyear hoodies, so I quickly ran over to them picked one up. Now I already have one that I purchased in October, but a girl from my dance studio saw it and wanted to get it for her boyfriend for Christmas, sadly they were all sold out online. So I made it my job to find one for her while I was here.

I texted her right away saying that they had them and with Alicia’s discount it would be cheaper than she had planned. We soon found Alicia and Andy in the hat section were we met up with Alicia’s new “friend”

Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #40
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

Sorry I'm late Didn't realize that you started your second trip report Well I'm hear and all caught up I am so sorry to hear about Leandra's suitcase getting destroyed by Jet Blue I would of been so mad.
I agree only having to use 1 Quick Service for Wolfgang Puck Express is the best. I go there at least one time each visit
Loving the pictures and the TR. Can't wait to read more

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 02-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #41
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

The food at Wolfgang looks amazing! I'm getting hungry looking at it

Shopping at DTD is definitely a wonderful time. A CM discount must be even more dangerous! I'd probably spend the same amount and just end up with double the stuff

Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #42
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I've only heard WONDERFUL things. Everything looks so good!

Gotta love CM discounts.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #43
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
Sorry I'm late Didn't realize that you started your second trip report Well I'm hear and all caught up I am so sorry to hear about Leandra's suitcase getting destroyed by Jet Blue I would of been so mad.
I agree only having to use 1 Quick Service for Wolfgang Puck Express is the best. I go there at least one time each visit
Loving the pictures and the TR. Can't wait to read more
Welcome, I'm glad you found it
We were all frustrated with the luggage situation, Leandra just seemed to get the worst of it. WPE is so good, I don't know why I don't go there every trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
The food at Wolfgang looks amazing! I'm getting hungry looking at it

Shopping at DTD is definitely a wonderful time. A CM discount must be even more dangerous! I'd probably spend the same amount and just end up with double the stuff
I tried so hard not to spend all my money. It's a good thing I set aside money for the merchandise I know I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I've only heard WONDERFUL things. Everything looks so good!

Gotta love CM discounts.

You need to try it! It is so so so good. They also have a wide variety of food which is really nice although I always get the alfredo maybe one day I will try something else.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #44
BarbieTourGuide
Fabulous Disney Lover ♥

Great Trip report so far! I love staying at POP. It's theme is so fun and exciting!

"All Dreams Can Come True If We Have The Courage To Pursue Them!" - Walt Disney

Ohana Means Family! -Lilo & Stitch

Holley Shiftwell Fan Forever!

I love Pin Trading!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

We have never eaten at WPE, but it looks really good! We usually end up sucked in at EoS every time we eat at DTD. The chicken alfredo looks really delicious, as does that pizza!

Really, what is it about WoD that it is always so hard to move around?! I think that the problem is even though it is a huge space, they have SO MUCH STUFF crammed into every inch of walking space. If you think it is hard moving through there, try doing it with a stroller. I get anxiety every time we go shopping in there now!!!

That Rex pillow pet is super adorable!

The pics of Alicia in the Pluto hat...so cute! How funny and appropriate that Pluto is winking as well. She must have a blast!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: