Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
ladyandthetramp2
Mouseketeer

WORST: Beach Club!
ladyandthetramp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #47
tsme
DIS Veteran

For us, it was Beach Club, the bus services so many other resorts, made it crowded & slow.
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #48
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I call it bus karma. Some of my worst experiences occur at the deluxe resorts, YC/BC and Poly. Maybe, Disney feels the clientele staying at these resorts will drive. The problem seems to lie with the parks that require bus service, not the boats or monorails.
DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #49
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

I think that the best bus service are the the resorts that have dedicated bus service. i.e. they don't share buses with any other resorts. It saves a TON of time and help with getting on a bus and not having it be full when it shows up at your resort. I'm not exactly sure which ones have dedicated bus service, but I know POP does. I have stayed at CR/BLT and POP and was amazed at how much better the bus service was at POP.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #50
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
For us, it was Beach Club, the bus services so many other resorts, made it crowded & slow.
I totally agree .... when we used it to get back from DTD, We had to stop at the BWI, Dolphin, Swan and YC first ... it took about 25-30 mins and was very crowded .... even in the afternoon.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #51
Bilierka
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Which resorts have the best bus service? The worst? Why? Thanks!
That's like asking which one of your children do you like the best or dislike the worst!
Bilierka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #52
JessicaPitre
Earning My Ears

Have stayed at a number of resorts at various times of year and I have to say I do not really think it matters. I think it just all comes down to luck and timing. That being said I think that Disney used to do a lot better job of keeping buses running on a consistent schedule (every twenty mintues). There have been times where we have waited way longer than 20 minutes. There have also been times when we have seen three buses come for an empty Epcot line (for example) but there is a line four bus loads deep for Animal Kingdom. Disney used to have people monitor that (or at least more closely) and would reroute buses based on need/demand. I do not see them doing much of that any more--or at least it is not as noticeable.
JessicaPitre is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: