Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Hopefully there will be another adult with the 8/9 year old while you are with are busy with the other child?? So that adult could order the meal for him. Like others have said the child doesn't have to be standing by your side when you order a kid's meal. We usually send the kids to gather napkins, straws etc. while ordering. Within sight of course.

Book Challenge Goal 72/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

I don't see what the big deal is, especially at a QS. Just realize you will be charged an adult credit and may end up paying out of pocket at the end of the trip. My kids liked the flatbread pizza at our resort better than they did the kids meal so we ordered an adult meal for them to share one night. We never had to pay OOP because DH and I shared a sandwich one night. A TS may be more strict. They are your credits, you should be able to do with them as you wish.
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Unless things have changed recently, there's no distinction at all between an adult CS meal and a kids CS meal. Your receipt just says CS remaining. TS is an entirely different story. But no one is going to count how many adult/kid CS meals you've ordered! As far as DDP, they're all the same.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
SoonerSean
Mouseketeer

Very rarely do I have my kids with me when I order CS meals... the folks running the registers aren't that concerned to ask for proof if you have a kid with you or not. So I wouldn't worry if I was ordering a kid's meal and didn't have a kid around. I'd assume the same is fine if a child comes up and orders and adult meal.

Even if there is a distinction made now for adult and children entitlements you'd lose one child's for your meal and one adult's for their order... thus ending up in the same place you'd be in if you both ordered off your respective menus.

I didn't think there was a distinction either... the last time we were there my eldest (who is an "adult" per the Disney guidelines of calling anyone over age 9 and adult) wanted a kid's meal at one CS. So I ordered it figuring worst case it would take away one of our child's credits and I might end up paying OOP near the end of our trip. But the receipt showed a lump sum of credits - so in effect they used an adult's credit to pay for the extra kid's meal.
SoonerSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Unless things have changed recently, there's no distinction at all between an adult CS meal and a kids CS meal. Your receipt just says CS remaining. TS is an entirely different story. But no one is going to count how many adult/kid CS meals you've ordered! As far as DDP, they're all the same.
Yep, this is what I have read, written by people I trust, 18,000 times.

The meal plan has rules, so of course we should follow the rules. But those rules haven't quite made it into the cash registers when it comes to QS.

It's DS's big appetite, along with my smaller appetite (even before doing WW when I'm in the heat I don't eat much at all), along with the hows and whats of what we eat, that has kept us from doing the dining plan. I keep trying to justify it, if only just to try it, but it simply does not work out to work for us.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Sorry, that's not true if you are trying to order more adult priced meals than your KTTW says you are entitled to (unless there are no kids meals available). The CMs can and do check your KTTW card. I have seen it while waiting in line.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Sorry, that's not true if you are trying to order more adult priced meals than your KTTW says you are entitled to (unless there are no kids meals available). The CMs can and do check your KTTW card. I have seen it while waiting in line.
When we go we are 6 of us. 4 Disney adults and 2 children in 2 rooms but one reservation. All meals credits are on all 6 room key/tickets. My room listed me and my two little ones and my dh had him and other 2 Disney adults. I was worried that this would become a hassle. I would pull out any key and order our meals. No one ever questioned what I ordered. I always made sure to have one of the other keys from the other room on me just in case. But I have seen a CM, once, question someone in line. I think there is a problem with this though. It is usually way too much food for us to order a meal for each of us. I usually just share with someone or everyone , so in the end, we are usually up 10-12 cs meals that would have been mine. all adult credits. Again, we have never had an issue, but I can see where it could possibly cause some issues.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

There will be no problem doing what you stated. And you won't have a problem getting the kids meal - not many people send their kids up to get their own meals so they don't question an adult buying a kids meal.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #24
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

There will be no problem doing what you stated. And you won't have a problem getting the kids meal - not many people send their kids up to get their own meals so they don't question an adult buying a kids meal.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: