Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
mommiepoppins
I miss sitting in a bucket

character meals

I haven,t been to wdw in YEARS...I have a 1 year old son. Can you please tell me where are good ch meals,
mommiepoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace - has Pooh and gang
Chef Mickeys - Pluto, Goofy, Mickey & Donald
Supercalifragislstic (sp?) - Mad Hatter
Hollywood & Vine - Agent Oso, Jake, Handy Manny
Garden Grill - Chip/Dale/Pluto
Poly - Stitch and gang

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids...ter_dining.cfm
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Depending on which characters your son would most enjoy there are multiple options!

Garden Grill (Epcot) is a good one where you will dine with Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto. The best part about the character interaction, at least in my opinion, is that the characters come around to your table a lot. At many character dining meals, you will only see the characters once. Here, they keep walking around the restaurant and will visit your table 2, 3, or even 4 times. The food is also very fresh and is served family style so you don't have to worry about leaving hungry or missing a character while up at a buffet.

Ohana (Polynesian Resort) was a favorite breakfast for my family on this past trip. You will get a picture made before you are taken to your table. They have an assortment of sweet breakfast breads and a very good juice at your table, as well as a fruit plate. Then, you will get an assortment of bacon, sausage, eggs, and very good potatoes. We also received a healthy platter with vegetables, egg whites, chicken sausage, and turkey bacon. Like the Garden Grill, this is served family style. The characters are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. They also have a character and kid parade that the kids really seem to like.

Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) is good. It has a breakfast lasagna that is to die for. This dining includes Pooh and friends. My advice is to book this reservation for before the park opens so that you and your family can get your picture made in front of the castle with no other guests in the photo.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

My overall favorite is Tusker House breakfast at Animal Kingdom. I think it has the best food. You meet Donald outside and then inside you have Goofy, Mickey and Daisy.

Although I don't care for as much for the food, Crystal Palace in MK has the Pooh characters. You can do dinner instead of breakfast too which is nice since so many of the character meals are breakfast only.

If you want to do Princesses (my grandson loved them), I think Akershus in Epcot is better than Cinderella's Royal Table.

The quietest and most relaxing is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It has the best character interaction of any of them, IMO. It has Goofy, Donald and Minnie.

The only one I have not tried is Hollywood & Vine.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We took DD for her first birthday. We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill were her favorites. She's definitely a Mickey girl

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We also like Cape May as it is more laid back than most of the buffets and has good character interaction.

1900 PF is another semi-laid back character breakfast that's enjoyable. Food is good here.

We also enjoy GG in Epcot. Good interaction and they bring the food to you and it's pretty good.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Aatif911
Mouseketeer

CH Dinning

Crystal Palace
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
Cape May Cafe

Thats just to name a few.
I have two daughters so we focus more on the princesses. sorry.

Upcoming Trip/s
12/14 CSR, 05/15 POFQ, and 10/15 POR
Aatif911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

If you were wanting to get lots of kisses for your cute little guy, then I would do CRT. However, I would save that one for when he's older and realizes that he's getting to eat in the castle.

For little ones, I would keep it simple: Garden Grill, 'Ohana Breakfast, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Chef Mickey's. I'm not saying do all of those, but those are the ones I would pick from.

I had a terrible waiting experience at Tusker House once--45 minutes for my table--so that's not one that I would consider if your cutie doesn't handle waiting very well.

Have fun!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: