Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #31
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed it. I went here with low expectations - mainly just for the characters. The characters were a bit of a bust for us - my kids are not familiar enough with Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters. It was very loud and they heard maybe half of what each said - and not knowing them well, pretty much everything they said went over their heads and they didn't get the jokes, sarcasm, etc.

Our server was ok, a little slow but very helpful.We were too full to eat much dessert and he actually helped my DH pack a few cookies and apples for later.

We REALLy enjoyed the food - so much so that i would consider returning just for the food. While it wasn't a transcendal experience (this IS a buffet after all!), we enjoyed most things we tried. DH and I appreciated the ariety of options, especially the "non-traditional cuisine" like sushi, interesting salads, several soups, curries, etc. There was 1 curry I fell in love with (I grew up eating curry, love it, and always miss it).

My kids were very happy with the child options. The pizza was one of the best Disney pizzas in WDW - I almost finished the slice I was planning to taste. The crust was actually decent and it had flavour. My DH went into ecstasy over the fruit - they were fresh and sweet that day. (To be fair, wed been on DDP for a looonnngg time by then and salads and fruits were VERY enticing).

The only thing that I didn't care as much for was the famous strawberry soup. Yes, it was very good - but I wasn't about to waste stomach space on what was basically a strawberry smoothie that I could get for a snack credit anytime!

I think if you just want traditional American food, you would bypass a LOT of options on this buffet and perhaps not be as happy. This was like a mini Boma to us because of the different ethnic foods.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #32
kimber11
Kimberley

We were there on Wednesday January 30th 2013 for dinner. The character interactions were wonderful, however, I was not all that impressed with the food. The wait staff was very busy that night and we hardly saw them at our table at all. It was our first time at Disney and out of our 7 different table service meals while there, it was one of my least favourite. My favourite was definitely the Be Our Guest dinner, where we also got to meet the beast. We didn't do the Cinderella Royal Table b/c of the reviews I read recommending going to 1900 Park Fare. Next time we might have to use the 2 dining credits and try the Royal Table instead.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
meredith1
DIS Veteran

To us, it was really terrible. It was really greasy and not much in the way of variety. We just didn't like it at all-food wise.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #34
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

The variety of comments just goes to show the various tastes and experiences one has dining just about anywhere. One bad night out of ten doesn't help those diners on that one off night in a particular restaurant, nor should it exclude all those diners who catch the place on all the good days. I've been to 1900 PF three times, and each time I've been fortunate in that the food was warm, generally quite tasty, and service was very good. So, I'd have to go with the camp of those who say they liked it.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
lissawynn
I drink Coke with everything.
Don't know why but I've never been on the carousel!

Yes, it's that bad. Our server couldn't be bothered to refill our drinks or clear the dirty dishes from our table. The buffet choices were not those reflected on the online menu. We were seriously disappointed in the food. Our kids still talk about how bad it was. However, the character interaction was fantastic. The show stealers were the step-sisters and step-mother. They were hilarious and made of for the lousy food.
1996 - CBR and WL
2002 - WL honeymoon
2003 - CBR & MNSSHP
June 2004 - WL w/my sisters and nephew
July 2005 - Jimmy's first trip to WDW!
July 2006 -Dad's first trip to WDW with his boys!
June 2008 - First family trip & Annabel's first trip!
September 2008 - Girls' Trip!
March 2009 - Girls' Trip with Robin and Judy
July 2009 - Sisters' trip with the kids
June/July 2010 - Family trip #2!
June 2011 Kids,Auntie, Grammy
June 2012 Family Trip
lissawynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #36
Lynno222
Earning My Ears

We just ate there Friday (2/8) night and it was quite good. The roast beef was cooked perfect. (I prefer Med rare) All the cold salads were delicious. Salmon & sushi were very fresh tasting. My daughter loved the kid offerings. Strawberry soup was yummy too. I really do believe it must just depend on the day since the reviews are so mixed.

Past Cruises: Disney Dream - 2/2/14 4-night Bahamian, Carnival Dream - 5/4/13 7-day Eastern Caribbean, RC Monarch of the Seas - 2/10/12 3-night Bahamian Mommy cruise, Disney Dream - 2/26/12 - 4-night Bahamian, Disney Dream - 3/5/11- 3-night Bahamian, Carnival Liberty of the Seas - 8/28/10 - 5-night Western Caribbean, Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 2/2009 - 3-night Bahamian
Lynno222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

My opinon is this: The food at any character meal is standard buffet food that you can find anywhere. The food is usually okay, with a thing or two that is pretty good, and a few things that is not so good, with everything else kinda Meh! And it is more expensive that a normal Buffet, but this is a characters meal, and people usually go for the characters and the food isn't why they go. My advice to anyone that is wanting to go to a Character meal for the food alone, is to try somewhere else. If you are going to a character meal for the characters don't expect the food to be at the same level as other table service restaurants.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #38
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

The last time we ate at 1900PF for dinner was in 2009, but food-wise, it was one of the worst buffet experiences we've had at WDW.

We did have amazing character interaction, though, and have wonderful memories of our dinner there. I would go once for the character interaction (if you are interested in Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters) but probably wouldn't return.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
6jewels
Earning My Ears

1900 Park Fare

Food was the same as years before. The characters last year were not as friendly as 2011
6jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

We went last week and we didn't think it was bad, it was your average buffet food. All was hot or cold as needed to be, very fresh. It wasn't gourmet, but we had been before and didn't expect it to be. They had peel and eat shrimp and my girlfriend and I gorged on it lol. My husband gorged on sushi rolls which I do not remember them having before. It was 8pm and we hadn't eaten since our 11am BOG lunch so we were really hungry at that point! Hopefully that didn't skew our opinion. But seriously we had a great time, love the character interaction here. Would do it again if DD wanted. My guess is she'll be too old to appreciate it the next time we make it to the world.

ETA: I don't know if all the buffet places at WDW do this, but we liked that all the kids food was served on low counters. DD felt very special being able to pick and serve herself. Kids get Mickey shaped plates as well.

Food pictures found on a Disney blog and totally representative of what we had...

http://www.keystothemagictravel.com/...ng-review.html

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 POP ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 POP ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips (I've lost track!)

Last edited by meowmarie; 02-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #41
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

We've always found it to be very good.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #42
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Food was acceptable, characters were great, so I'd say it wasn't really that bad!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #43
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

we've been twice and enjoyed food better the CRT. I think it's one of the best buffet character meals that you can have. I like the fact that different choices are available. Plus the step sisters and Lady Tremaine are a riot IMO.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

can anyone comment on the quality of the sushi? I know its not Cali Grill but was it decent?
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #45
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
can anyone comment on the quality of the sushi? I know its not Cali Grill but was it decent?
Meh! I don't think it was really sushi, like with fish. I think there might have been an avocado and a cucumber roll? It was fine, but "sushi" in representation only.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: