Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #76
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Just got all caught up with the updates, and it looks like a fantastic day at DHS so far!! Even though that park does not have as much as other parks for the little kids to do, there are so many great character interactions to be found, which is one thing I love about that park! Seems like your kiddos were having a fun time with them!

Hunter looks great doing JTA! I bet he really loved that. I wonder if Paxton will be into Star Wars stuff when he gets a little older? Oh, and I have to say, those pictures of Hunter & Harper sharing their frozen lemonades with Evan & Jaxon... So sweet!

The Photopass pictures are great too, especially those family shots! You have a beautiful family.
Thats definately true about HS...not a whole lot for the little kids, but some great characters for them to make up for the lack of attractions!

JTA was a lot of fun for Hunter. I'm glad he got to be in one of the shows. I had read so many posts about kids being turned away because they got there late and shows filling up by 10am. Luckily it all worked out. Hunter really got into Star Wars a few years ago. Started playing with the Lego sets, then playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii and then his love for it has just continued to grow.

Jaxon & Evan on the other hand, no interest whatsoever right now.

Hunter & Harper are really good with Jaxon & Evan, so we are increadibly lucky they have such a great sibling bond.

I was very happy with about 99% of the Photopass pics and I am so happy to have so many family pics from the trip.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #77
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow I haven't been on the boards for a week and you have been on an updating tear...

Your children really are sweet and really are troopers... they seem like really awesome kids...

Your meal at Coral Reef looked really lovely... and I'm glad you were happy with your CP narrarator... I remember you were worried about that on your PTR...

I've heard lots of mixed reviews on the food at Hollywood & Vine...people seem to like the characters... less so on the food...

So glad Hunter got to do JTA... It's an awesome experience not to mention the photos... I have a feeling that we as parents gte as much out of it as they do....

Great photo ops of your guys and the Toy Story gang...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #78
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow I haven't been on the boards for a week and you have been on an updating tear...

Your children really are sweet and really are troopers... they seem like really awesome kids...

Your meal at Coral Reef looked really lovely... and I'm glad you were happy with your CP narrarator... I remember you were worried about that on your PTR...

I've heard lots of mixed reviews on the food at Hollywood & Vine...people seem to like the characters... less so on the food...

So glad Hunter got to do JTA... It's an awesome experience not to mention the photos... I have a feeling that we as parents gte as much out of it as they do....

Great photo ops of your guys and the Toy Story gang...
The kids were definately troopers on this trip! The little boys especially did so well.

We were so worried about our CP narrarator -- it was killing us (ok, me!) to keep seeing TBA for months, then when ours was announced, we didnt even know who she was -- but yes, she was amazing!

H&V is definately not known for the food. We ate there a few years ago and it was the same way, but I knew the little boys would like the characters.

JTA was so fun for Hunter -- and yes, it was fun for us parents too

The kids had a great time with Buzz & Woody! Woody even rearranged the kids so that Evan was standing with him, and Jaxon was standing with Buzz.

Another updated coming up tomorrow hopefully.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR from the DTR ..... your family is adorable and enjoying reading all about this wonderful trip! you have me thinking now about trying Chefs de france to try and see Remy? looking forward to more!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #80
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Just found your TR from the DTR ..... your family is adorable and enjoying reading all about this wonderful trip! you have me thinking now about trying Chefs de france to try and see Remy? looking forward to more!
Welcome!!

Chefs was quite yummy! Remy was the cutest thing ever! His handler was hilarious

More to come soon! Trying to get an update out tonight
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #81
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 3, Part 6 Finishing up at HS

Day 3, Part 6 Finishing Up At HS

Ok, I have to back up just slightly...my pictures got out of order and I completely forgot about one very important thing we did AFTER make your own lightsaber, but before nachos --

We met these guys!! Phineas & Ferb!! We totally love this show! The little boys were off on a potty break with Bo . Phineas & Ferb were very excited about Harper's Isabella shirt. They both kept giving her thumbs up about it.

OK, so then nachos...and now back to our regularly scheduled TR

And THEN Honey I Shrunk the Kids We took a ton of pictures here, so I am only sharing a few. Just a side note...if you have never been in the play area, its a lot of fun and very cute in the theming -- BUT, its a nightmare trying to keep up with your kids in there. I am always a nervous wreck the whole time trying to keep up with the little ones.

We stayed at the play area for a while (they were making the closing announcement at 5pm when we headed out), then we decided to head back and I would ride Star Tours with Harper & Hunter using the rider swap, but first, Harper wanted to take a picture -- a la singing in the rain

So, now off to Star Tours. We were on and off the ride in the blink of an eye.

After Star Tours, Hunter & I went over to RnR to use the rider swap. We had to wait a few minutes, but not too bad. While we were in line, Bo, Harper & the little boys went to pick up Carrot Cake Cookies

This was my first time on RnR since last time we were there I was pregnant with Jaxon. Wowzers!! Fun ride, but man did I have a headache when we were done!! Hunter enjoyed it again for the second time today.

We met up with Bo and he presented me with my Carrot Cake Cookie -- OH GOODNESS!!!!! Such a yummy treat, rich, but yummy!! I took about 2 bites, then had to put it away.

It was now time to head out as it was nearing 6pm, we had dinner planned at Epcot this evening, but on the way out we got one last Photopass picture

We decided to take the boat back to BW so we could sit and relax for a few minutes as we planned to stop by our room for a little bit before we would head over to Epcot. A boat had just pulled up to the dock as we were walking down, so we were off in no time.

Since we had plenty of time, we got off at the Swan/Dolphin and were going to walk back along the Boardwalk. We encountered Santa on vacation while we were passing through. He had a LONG line, so we just snapped this picture in-between people.

Approaching the bridge headed back to Boardwalk

Our view as we walked back to the hotel...ahhh

The Christmas tree outside at BW

We got back up to our room about 715pm, so we just rested a few minutes before we headed back out to walk over to Epcot for dinner.

Up next, dinner at Via Napoli

Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #82
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 3, Part 7 Dinner at Via Napoli

Tonight we headed over to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli. We had an 830pm ADR and had to wait a few minutes before being seated.

Adam was our waiter and was very sweet.

For our appetizers, Harper & I ordered Calamari Fritti corn-crusted rings served with spicy tomato sauce. These were delicious! Nice crispy batter and the calamari was just the right amount of chewy Shorly after Adam brought this out, he came back and checked to make sure the sauce wasnt too spicy for Harper (it wasn't)

Bo ordered Salame e Provolone dry cured sausage, imported provolone cheese. He said this was good. I didnt try any as I do not care for that meat.

Hunter ordered Tortellini in Brodo beef tortellini in broth. He liked the tortellini, but he wasnt crazy about the broth. He ate it all anyways, so I guess it wasnt that bad.

Jaxon & Evan both had fruit cocktail. They ate it all. The fruit appeared to be nice and fresh.

For entrees we all ordered different pizzas.

I ordered Prosciutto E Melone Pizza - white pizza, fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, canteloupe, arugula. We make a similar version of this at home, and I must say that our version was inspired by Via Napoli's version. I did pick off the arugula after I took the picture as I dont like the bitterness of arugula. The prosciutto was long, thin strips and the canteloupe was sliced thin. All in all the pizza was good, but dare I say...I like my version better

Bo ordered Carciofi Pizza - white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil. He said this was amazing! Somehow I did not ever try a bite , but he said he would definately order this pizza again.

Hunter ordered Piccante Pizza - Italian spicy sausage, tomato, mozzarella. He enjoyed this quite a bit. He liked the spicy sausage. He did not finish all of this, but that was only because he was getting full.

Harper ordered Pepperoni Pizza - pepperoni, tomato, mozzarella. I was worried about Harper and this pizza because they do tend to brown the crust more here at VN than what she normally prefers, but she very much enjoyed this pizza.

Jaxon & Evan both had Pizza Margarita. They ate some of this and quickly started getting full and tired.

For dessert, we shared Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni “Ugly But Good” Amarena cherry & vanilla gelato sundae. YUMMY!!! This is so good!! Bo also ordered a coffee at this time.

Jaxon had fallen asleep at the table, but Evan had a chocolate gelato, but I do not have a picture of that.

Drinks were 2 iced teas, 2 Sprites, 2 milks. Total before 18% automatic gratuity $204.48 - 6 TS credits used

We absolutely loved Via Napoli. I wouldnt hesitate to come back here again.

Our waiter was charming. His mother was actually in town visiting from Italy and happened to be sitting at the table right next to us. She and Adam talked to my husband about Italy and where their families were from. Adam and his family were from Southern Italy, where my husbands family is from a small town in Northern Italy.

Just as we were finishing up dessert, a storm blew through. It was still sprinkling as we walked outside. The stroller was a WEE bit wet The park was closed by now, but we took a few pictures as it was a bit foggy and the WS looked very cool.

We headed back to the hotel and called it a night.

Up next, Magic Kingdom!!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #83
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 4, Part 1 Breakfast at Crystal Palace

Day 4, Part 1 Breakfast at Crystal Palace

On December 21 we had an 805am ADR for Crystal Palace. Since the "end of the world" had not come yet we headed off to MK for our ADR.

We checked in and had to wait until about 815am before we were seated. While we waited, we took our pic with the Photopass photographer.

Our buzzer went off and we were seated. Our waiter came and took our drink orders and then Harper, Evan & I headed off to the buffet.

My first stop, PUFFED FRENCH TOAST -- but there was none there -- completely empty

I got fresh fruit, breakfast lasagna, breakfast pizza, Mickey waffles, a piece of bacon and a croissant.

For Evan I got him strawberries, yogurt and Mickey waffles.

Bo, Hunter & Jaxon went to get their plates and luckily they had restocked the puffed French toast by that time. Bo brought back a big plate of it for us to share

Picture of my plate

The puffed French toast was AMMMMMMMMMMMMAZING -- cant wait to get some more of that sometime soon I hope!

I didnt care for the breakfast lasagna -- it was almost sickenly sweet. I only had a few bites of it.

After breakfast, Hunter was presented with a birthday cupcake

We really enjoyed our breakfast at Crystal Palace. Definately will return again -- for more of that puffed French toast is nothing else!!

Up next, Off to play in MK

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 02-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #84
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 4, Part 2 Having Fun at MK

Day 4, Part 2 Having Fun at MK

Now that our bellies were full it was time to have some fun at MK!! The time was about 915am and the park had opened at 8am this morning (not the case when I originally made the ADR for CP) and tonight was the last MVMCP of the year, so the park was closing at 7pm. We wanted to try and get as much done as possible because we knew the crowds would really be coming in over the weekend.

Our first stop...getting FP for Under the Sea. We headed over and we got FP return time of 955am.

Since we were close to the carousel, we decided to stop there next. This would be the first time Jaxon & Evan had been on a carousel. It was a walk on. As soon as we got Evan up on the horse he started freaking out, so we really had to keep a hand on him to let him know it was ok.

After the carousel (which Evan did eventually like after a couple times of going up and down on the horse) the kids wanted to try and pull the sword from the stone.

No such luck for the kids in pulling the sword from the stone. We did see a little girl a bit later who had pulled the sword and we watched a bit of her celebration ceremony.

After the failed attempts at pulling the sword, it was now time for Under the Sea. We walked right up to the loading area (after the very long walk!!) The ride was cute -- Harper loved it, but then again, she LOVES Ariel!

Since we were in the area, we decided to grab a picture in front of the statue of Gaston.

Speaking of Gaston, he was doing a M&G but the line was CRAZY LONG!!! So, we just snapped this picture of him quickly.

Cant wait to see the tower from Rapunzel when its finished!!

I checked Touring Plans app and saw that Peter Pan only had a 15 min standby wait, so we rushed back over and rode that. I rode with Jaxon and he loved it. He kept pointing out everything and loved the Captain Hook with Tic Toc scene!

Next we were going to head towards the Magic Carpets, but along the way we took a few pictures in Liberty Square.

And I cant get too many pictures of the Haunted Mansion!! Remember how much I love it??!!

And a picture of Harper and her mill -- with the sun shining brightly in her face!

Now we were on our way to Magic Carpets. There was no line and we were immeadiately loaded to our numbers -- the people on the carpets were just about to take off for flight -- the carpets start and immeadiately come back down. Apparantly they started the ride too soon and someone wasnt safely loaded yet. Since they had to emergency stop, they had to reset the computer system and then those people were able to get back in and ride. So, now its finally our turn.

After the Magic Carpets, the time was about 1105am. We decided to head over to POTC since there was only a 10 minute wait (most of which was the walk). Evan was a little skiddish on this ride because of the darkness, but overall he did ok. We looked around in the gift shop for a few minutes, then headed off to BTMRR to grab FP for later (535pm return) and decided to see if we could check in early for our LTT ADR. It was about 1145am and our ADR was at 1230pm.

Up next, LTT lunch

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 02-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #85
ampc3
DIS Veteran

great update~ I had no idea the sword REALLY can come out!?? lol I can't believe how much food you all are eating lol.. how fun though to be able to try out so many fun places! CP is my favorite (although to be fair we have only ever done that or Tuskers)

hopefully next time we will try CM but I love being able to get in early for those early adr's

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #86
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Love the update- you have some great shots on the carousel!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #87
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Caught up here too!

JTA - Love it! I'm glad Hunter got to do this before he is "too big!" Next time you go it will be Jaxon's turn!

Phineas & Ferb - Too cute! Love their Christmas outfits.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids - We missed doing that! Looks like the kids had fun though. I TOTALLY know what you mean about being a nervous wreck in those playgrounds! Especially when you're trying to keep track of more than one kiddo. Sheesh!

Santa on vacation - In 2010 we went to FL to visit my hubby's sister and her family for Christmas. I always found it hilarious that even in FL they still associate Christmas with snow! All the Santa's we saw were always surrounded by fake snow! Anyhow, I LOVE the "Santa on vacation" theme. Classic!

CP/ Magic Kingdom morning - CP has to be THE BEST way to start a morning at the Magic Kingdom. Looks like you got a great start!
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #88
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great updates with two of my favorite meals, Via Napoli and CP breakfast! VN pizza & puffed French toast, two of my all time favorite Disney foods!! Looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun with Pooh Bear & friends too.

Wonderful morning at MK!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #89
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Phineas and Ferb... too cute... we love those guys...

At least you look like you kept your eyes open on RockrRC...

I loved your Via Napoli pictures... glad you enjoyed your meals... I think its a really nice addition to the WS restaurants...

Love New Fantasyland... & also looking forward to Rapunzel's tower opening...

Have never been to the Crystal Palace... it's a must for our next trip... it looks so light and pretty in there...

Wouldn't you have just died (in a good way lol) if the sword had come out of the stone?
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #90
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
great update~ I had no idea the sword REALLY can come out!?? lol I can't believe how much food you all are eating lol.. how fun though to be able to try out so many fun places! CP is my favorite (although to be fair we have only ever done that or Tuskers)

hopefully next time we will try CM but I love being able to get in early for those early adr's
Yes, the sword comes out -- my kids would have loved that! I know, so much food! DH & I were actually just talking about that again yesterday. CP is wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Love the update- you have some great shots on the carousel!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndEvsMom View Post
Caught up here too!

JTA - Love it! I'm glad Hunter got to do this before he is "too big!" Next time you go it will be Jaxon's turn!

Phineas & Ferb - Too cute! Love their Christmas outfits.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids - We missed doing that! Looks like the kids had fun though. I TOTALLY know what you mean about being a nervous wreck in those playgrounds! Especially when you're trying to keep track of more than one kiddo. Sheesh!

Santa on vacation - In 2010 we went to FL to visit my hubby's sister and her family for Christmas. I always found it hilarious that even in FL they still associate Christmas with snow! All the Santa's we saw were always surrounded by fake snow! Anyhow, I LOVE the "Santa on vacation" theme. Classic!

CP/ Magic Kingdom morning - CP has to be THE BEST way to start a morning at the Magic Kingdom. Looks like you got a great start!
Ha ha, I dont know that Jaxon is interested in JTA! He doesnt even like using the Darth Vader napkins we had recently for a dinner/movie night!

Phineas & Ferb were so much fun! They really seemed to have a good time with all the guests as they met them.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids totally had me in a nervous wreck this time keeping track of all the kids. I wasnt too worried about the older kids, but my little guys -- very much so!

Santa on vacation totally cracked me up It was the funniest thing ever.

CP is the perfect way to start a MK day -- especially if you have a pre-park opening ADR (ahem...Disney...I had one...then you changed the park hours on me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great updates with two of my favorite meals, Via Napoli and CP breakfast! VN pizza & puffed French toast, two of my all time favorite Disney foods!! Looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun with Pooh Bear & friends too.

Wonderful morning at MK!
VN & CP bkfst are so yummy! Definately great meals for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Phineas and Ferb... too cute... we love those guys...

At least you look like you kept your eyes open on RockrRC...

I loved your Via Napoli pictures... glad you enjoyed your meals... I think its a really nice addition to the WS restaurants...

Love New Fantasyland... & also looking forward to Rapunzel's tower opening...

Have never been to the Crystal Palace... it's a must for our next trip... it looks so light and pretty in there...

Wouldn't you have just died (in a good way lol) if the sword had come out of the stone?
We love Phineas & Ferb too - so much fun!

I did keep my eyes open on RnR, but Hunter was cracking up that I was screaming

VN is a wonderful addition to WS. I am so glad its a solid restraunt.

OMG, you HAVE to try CP bkfst!! You really must!

I would have totally died if one of the kids had been able to pull the sword from the stone! The ceremony for the little girl who did it looked pretty cheesy, but it would have been fun for sure

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: