Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Best (non-character) TS Meal for Lunch at Magic Kingdom - With 3 boys :)

Hi Everyone, We are going to spend a full day at the Magic Kingdom (with no breaks). My boys will be 2, 6 and 10. Since we will be doing a full day I'd like to do a sit down TS air conditioned lunch to give us a bit of a break. I want the price to not be too out there, say $100 or less with tip for all 5 of us. Theming would be nice as I want my kids to really enjoy it, but no characters since we don't have a DDP and we already have two character meals booked on other days.

Also, with my son being 10 (he turns 10 the week before we go) will he be allowed to order the kids menu... seeing they generally include an appetizer, meal, and dessert I know he'll want to, but not sure if they allow it.
ForMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

You could do the Plaza restaurant and keep lunch in your budget. It is smaller and has great (huge) sandwiches and yummy desserts. LTT is nice too, but I think the costs would be higher. They will not ask how old your son is if you are paying OOP, so he surely could order a kid's meal without a problem. If you want to stay in park, you could also try the new Be Our Guest restaurant. It is counter service for lunch, but on real dishes, etc. You could also hop a monorail to the Poly and try Kona Cafe. We like that a lot. Look at the menus on line and see what appeals to you/prices.
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

I never even thought about jumping the monorail. That is a great idea. It will give us a bit of a longer sit down break then we can see one of the hotels. And I'm sure my kids will love riding the monorail. Just not sure about the polynesian since we are going there for the character breakfast on Monday and it would be nice to see a different resort... but still a fantastic idea. Thanks
ForMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian Cafe at GF is ok, nothing special IMO. You could try The Wave at the CR. If you are willing to leave the park, you could hop a boat at MK and go to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. That would be fun for the kids.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
Grand Floridian Cafe at GF is ok, nothing special IMO. You could try The Wave at the CR. If you are willing to leave the park, you could hop a boat at MK and go to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. That would be fun for the kids.
yes WCC good option
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

At Magic Kingdom for TS either Liberty Inn (I prefer lunch) or the Plaza. To me the Plaza seems rather cozy (for my brood, a little bit of a tight fit)
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Plaza is great for lunch. And pretty inexpensive. Kinda like an old fashion soda fountian. Kona and GFC are both good too and you could explore the resorts. Both have a nice kids menu. Not just nuggets or hot dogs. Wave, IMO is too fancy, they don't even have french fries. They have roasted potatoes. Wcc might be fun. But it won't be relaxing! It is loud and crazy. Have a great time!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: