Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Pooh001
Mouseketeer

In need of info for Cozumel Excusrsions

Hi- will be on Fantasy in May . Not sure what family should do in Cozumel . We live in Florida so really not interested in beach excursions . Hs anyone tried the Secret River excursion or the Atlantis Submarine Excursion? Any info on good Cozumel excursions would be appreciated .
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
kellyferg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh001
Hi- will be on Fantasy in May . Not sure what family should do in Cozumel . We live in Florida so really not interested in beach excursions . Hs anyone tried the Secret River excursion or the Atlantis Submarine Excursion? Any info on good Cozumel excursions would be appreciated .
My daughter (12) and I went on the horseback riding excursion - would NOT recommend - long bus ride and dirty place, definitely not worth the money. My husband and son (9) went on the dune buggy excursion and had a blast! Wish we had done that instead!
kellyferg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

You didnt say how old your kids are. if they are older they and are adventurious you might like the Adventure park excursion.

We did it in November. They have 4 towers with zip lines between and rickety wooden bridges and rope bridges, rock climbing wall and stuff like that. It is perfect for people who want a taste of what a zip line is without havign to do a super tall one. I think they started at 25 feet and went up to 60 feet in the air.

They also had snorkeling there and a nice pool to use. We were given a coupon for a free pop at the bar. They still have glass bottles for pop which was a reminder of my younger years.
Food is available at reasonable prices and very good, clean place. When your done they call a taxi which is included in the price of the excusrion to take you back to the ship or stores.

The tour guides were very good about giving directions and helping everyone go at their own pace. You didnt have to do anything you didnt want to do.
Lockers are available for $5 for the day and when you return the key you get $2 refunded.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
quickcat
Mouseketeer

I dont know how old your children are but last year when we were on the Western route we met some people who said the Off Road to Jade Caverns was great. They loved it and highly recommended it.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Phelpsie70
Mouseketeer

Secret River Excursion

My family of three did this in September and loved it. I wrote a blog about it here: http://www.tinks****************.com...y/older-tinks/

If you have specific questions, let me know. I am nervous and a klutz but still managed this just fine and this is our second favorite excursion ever after the dolphin swim (also at Cozumel).
Phelpsie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: