Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Has anyone tried having a late lunch at BOG?

Hi -

We are taking a trip to WDW with our four kids in mid-May and would like to try out BOG for lunch. We have an 8:05 ADR at CRT on our first MK day, so we wouldn't want to eat lunch too early. I'm wondering if the lines for BOG seem to be better/worse/same later in the afternoon, maybe 2pm?

Thanks for you help!
mum2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to know this too; I'll be going for lunch with my parents in a couple of weeks and it will be 1-2 pm since we're doing DHS in the morning.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
DisneyWishes14
Mouseketeer

We tried this in December and got in line at about 1:30 pm. It still took 30 minutes or so just to get in and place our order. Probably still better than getting in line earlier. I wouldn't wait too long though as they cut the line off pretty swiftly when they have to start the turnover for dinner. I think BOG lines are going to be long, regardless of when you go, for the time being
DisneyWishes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

We were going to try this for lunch the first week in March. What time would you recommend getting in line? If you're in line by a certain time, will you be sure to get in?
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
ctl
Mouseketeer

I'd like to know that too

We are going to be there at Spring Break, so I'd like to know when to line up to get in for lunch, whether it be super early or quite late. Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
We are going to be there at Spring Break, so I'd like to know when to line up to get in for lunch, whether it be super early or quite late. Any thoughts?
1) Go and get in line about 9:30am for the 10:30am opening.
2) Going late is a major risk.
. . . the eatery closes at 2:30pm to re-set for dinner at 4:00pm
. . . the last seating is at 2:00pm
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

We thought we would beat the crowds going later, a little after 1:30, in December. Didn't work for us, we waited about 40 minutes but it went fast and gave us time to look around. The problem was the ordering process. It should keep getting better as everyone becomes use to ordering.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've read a lot of posts that recommend lining up early for BOG, but that seems like a waste of valuable park time standing in line for lunch in the morning! We'll have two full days in MK, so if the later lunch time doesn't work out for us the first day, we'll just have to try a different strategy on the second day I guess.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that we would have to wait in a line just to get in at 10:30. So by the time we got in and ate it was almost 11:30. I don't know if we would do that again - it does seem like a waste of an hour to wait in line just to get into a CS meal. The ordering system did not seem very efficient - took much longer for us to do than if we had just told someone what we wanted.

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF;ESPN weekend 2010-BC/Pop; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Hmm, sounds like we need to have a backup plan if we leave DHS later than expected :/ Thanks for the good information!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

We were there the week between Christmas and New Year's. We hadn't planned on having lunch at Be Our Guest, but we did!! Loved it!!! We also had a late dinner ressie (all of our dinners re usually late) so we had planned on having a late lunch at MK. We went by the area and asked the CM about lunch. She said it was about a half hour wait. This was around 2'oclock. We waited in line and I don't even think it was 30 minutes. We were the last ones out. They never rushed us at all. We walked around and took pictures and talked to the CMS. It was great because the restaurant was empty. I don't think you will have a problem. People like to eat early so a late lunch is IMHO a much better option. In fact during that week we ate lunch in Pizzafari in AK and at first I didn't think it was opened it was so empty. Again after 2 o'clock. If we can do it during Christmas week, and we go every year, I think you will be fine. I hope you enjoy BOG as much as we did. I actually cried because I kept thinking of all the times my kids and I had watched the movie and it really seemed like we were IN the movie. Have fun!!

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

We were just there last week for the Marathon and tried to get into BoG for lunch on two different MK days.

On both days, by about 1:00, the line was wrapped around the corner and stretched back to the Ariel ride.

On the third MK day where we didn't even bother, people were lined up by 9:45 AM. We'd just finished breakfast at Crystal Palace and my son said to me "Why are those people already lined up for lunch??"

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
We were just there last week for the Marathon and tried to get into BoG for lunch on two different MK days.

On both days, by about 1:00, the line was wrapped around the corner and stretched back to the Ariel ride.

On the third MK day where we didn't even bother, people were lined up by 9:45 AM. We'd just finished breakfast at Crystal Palace and my son said to me "Why are those people already lined up for lunch??"
See, this is the thing that gets to me. We will be there on a day that MK opens at 9am. I can't imagine only spending 30-45 minutes in the park and then lining up to wait for lunch!! Just seems a little nuts. I would much rather spend that time in the morning hitting other attractions before the parks gets more crowded.

Oh well, I guess it's to be expected from this new, exciting restaurant that everyone wants see! Hopefully we can make it work later in the day.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
MyHappiestPlace
Mouseketeer

Location: Hop, skip and jump from The Happiest Place on Earth

Today we arrived at 11AM and were told it was a 2 hr wait. I was shocked! I figured about 1/2 hr or so no problem. 2hrs?? Nope; even my kids said no way.
MyHappiestPlace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: