Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #46
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Booked our Car Hire this week. As we are going on a cruise the Disney transport to and from the cruise for 5 and a baby was $350!

So we opted to hire a car for 1 week instead. Collecting it the day after we arrive, using it to drive to the port and then a trip to Walmart before returning it.

Managed to get a great price considering its so far out - £134 for a 7seater for the week.

That way we can leave car seats in the car and not have to take them on the boat with us.

I've also discovered that I can leave some of my luggage with bell services at SSR whilst we are on the cruise.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #47
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Thats a fantastic deal! Go you! Something else ticked off the list, its coming together! You won't feel it coming around now!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #48
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

So I've been thinking about the bits I have left to do for the holiday, only little bits and bobs really but I figured if I write them down here then I'll remember to get them done - hopefully sooner rather than later.

So left on my list is -

Getting Charlie a passport - pretty important one, I'm waiting until he can sit up unaided for long enough to have this done, he is almost there so will get this done soon

ESTA's/API - will get both of these done once I have the passport.

Requesting seats on the flight. Not sure where to request this time. We are flying PE so I'm thinking downstairs will suit us better as upstairs its rows of 2. I haven't requested a sky cot for DS at the moment. Not sure if I want too as we didn't get in with it so well with DD and he will be a lot bigger (and he is long which won't help).

Cruise Excursions - We want to book a trip over to see around Atlantis resort when we go to Nassau

I think that's it really, and then I can start some holiday shopping
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
cornish pixie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have an amazing trip booked I remember our two girls first visits Magical enjoy every moment were off again in July but there now 16 & 17 !! have you been on the Birthday/celebration boats that they take you out to watch the fireworks? Might have enough of being on the water by then but might be something you could all do . Also have you checked out the Translantic cruises next Year Laura ( really good prices ). Whatever you do your going to make special memories so enjoy
Cornish Pixie

May 2014 Disney Magic Med Cruise September 2014 WBTA cruise
July 2013 Saratoga Springs
August 2012 Miami, RPR, OKW, 5 Day Disney Dream Cruise, Miami. August 2011 Med Cruise, 3 days in Barcelona. February 2010 RCL Freedom of the Seas, Villa,4 day Disney Wonder Cruise. December 2008/January 2009 Villa, RPR. August 2007 Clearwater,RPR,Villa,POR, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise.May 2005 Ron Jons Cape Caribe Resort, 3 Day Disney Wonder Cruise, Villa, RPR. May 2003 Villa,RPR.
February 2002 Villa. February 1995 Quality Inn International
cornish pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #50
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
So I've been thinking about the bits I have left to do for the holiday, only little bits and bobs really but I figured if I write them down here then I'll remember to get them done - hopefully sooner rather than later.

So left on my list is -

Getting Charlie a passport - pretty important one, I'm waiting until he can sit up unaided for long enough to have this done, he is almost there so will get this done soon

ESTA's/API - will get both of these done once I have the passport.

Requesting seats on the flight. Not sure where to request this time. We are flying PE so I'm thinking downstairs will suit us better as upstairs its rows of 2. I haven't requested a sky cot for DS at the moment. Not sure if I want too as we didn't get in with it so well with DD and he will be a lot bigger (and he is long which won't help).

Cruise Excursions - We want to book a trip over to see around Atlantis resort when we go to Nassau

I think that's it really, and then I can start some holiday shopping
I'd book one if I was you Laura, depending on what aircraft your on the newer cots are fab they are more like a carseat and baby can even stay in them if there's turbulence as there's strapped into a harness just like a carseat which is great if there sleeping.

You would also get bulkhead seats which is ano big plus
Old 05-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #51
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornish pixie
Sounds like you have an amazing trip booked I remember our two girls first visits Magical enjoy every moment were off again in July but there now 16 & 17 !! have you been on the Birthday/celebration boats that they take you out to watch the fireworks? Might have enough of being on the water by then but might be something you could all do . Also have you checked out the Translantic cruises next Year Laura ( really good prices ). Whatever you do your going to make special memories so enjoy
Cornish Pixie
Oh i would love a transatlantic cruise! Will have to work on DH though as he isnt as keen (for now anyway hehe)
Old 05-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #52
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71

I'd book one if I was you Laura, depending on what aircraft your on the newer cots are fab they are more like a carseat and baby can even stay in them if there's turbulence as there's strapped into a harness just like a carseat which is great if there sleeping.

You would also get bulkhead seats which is ano big plus

They sound much better! The last ones we used had a max weight of 9kg and DS is that already at 7months.

My biggest concern was that id read there was only 2 skycots in downstairs PE - one on either side on the rows of 2. Which would mean DH sat across the aisle or behind and me with both kids. Will have to research a bit better!

Or sit DH with both kids hehehe!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #53
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Wooo Hooo! Double Digits today

So the other day was 105 days until we board our cruise, as a gold castaway member this is when I can make reservations for shore excursions, Palo, Spa treatments etc etc. I can also do our online check in. Way before this date I made sure my TA at Dreams Unlimited had linked mine and my parents reservation so I could do them all together.

So I logged in, went straight to the excursions page, selected what I wanted - and then noticed I couldn't book my parents ones. There names were appearing but they were greyed out. I soon figured out the problem - they weren't Gold members yet (they will be after this cruise) and so can't reserve things until 90 days out. After a quick jokey telling off for my mum for not having cruised enough I added the 90days date to my calendar and will try again.

I've also completed Charlie's passport application - what a nightmare. They aren't allowed to smile for the photo and Charlie kept smiling. I also had to include my parents and Gary's parents details on the application form as we were both born after 1982 bit of a pain! Application has been sent off so just need to wait for it to arrive now.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #54
tinks_1989
need a like button

Children's passports are ridiculous arent they? Elsie is about 3 months old in hers and they kept complaining her mouth was opening and laughing.

It's funny how all of a sudden it feels so much closer when you get to 99 days lol.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #55
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I'll be thinking about baby passports in the future, i'm 1980 and DH 1981 so will we not need to include the extra info you did?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #56
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
I'll be thinking about baby passports in the future, i'm 1980 and DH 1981 so will we not need to include the extra info you did?

No you'll be fine i believe its if one or both of you are born after 31st Dec 1982. Just need to make sure you get the full birth certificate when you register the birth - a friend just had the short version and had to send of for a full one first.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #57
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
No you'll be fine i believe its if one or both of you are born after 31st Dec 1982. Just need to make sure you get the full birth certificate when you register the birth - a friend just had the short version and had to send of for a full one first.
Thanks x
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #58
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Children's passports are ridiculous arent they? Elsie is about 3 months old in hers and they kept complaining her mouth was opening and laughing.

It's funny how all of a sudden it feels so much closer when you get to 99 days lol.
I know! Megan was about 3months too and was a bit wobbly so we deliberately waited a bit longer for Charlies. He just wouldnt stop smiling at the lady taking the photo - such a flirt already lol!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #59
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Charlies passport has arrived. Yay!

So now his passport is done i had no more excuses not to do my estas and api. I dont know why i dislike doing them so much as they really are simple. I just always have a worry that i'll make a mistake and they wont let me in LOL!

So that was my exciting evening last night getting those all done. All approved and completed

Last edited by Laurafoster; 06-19-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Laurafoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #60
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Because we have a lap infant on our booking I was not able to book seats online so I called Virgin and requested our seats.

I requested seats downstairs as opposed to the 'bubble'. My main reason for this is because the PE seats upstairs are in rows of 2 so that would mean DH sat with DD and me sat on my own with DS on my lap - that would be a loooong flight!!

We had automatically had a request for Bulkheads put on our booking but we were advised all this would guarantee is that one of us would be sat next to the skycot and the others could be say anywhere (although they try and seat us as close together as possible). If it was just me DH and kids this wouldn't have mattered so much but my mum is scared of flying so she would hate it if she wasn't sat next to my Dad.

So we therefore opted to book specific seats and enquire if a bulkhead is available when we do Twilight check in. I'm not bothered if there isn't as we'll have enough space anyway.

Currently for our outbound flight we are sat 3 in the middle (row 18 I think) and then my parents are in the row behind us.

Last edited by Laurafoster; 06-20-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Laurafoster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: