Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Well today is the day when me, my mum, and my wonderful boyfriend fly off to the happiest place in the world :-)

This is my mum (Chris)

And this is me and my partner (I'm Kel, and he is Kev)

Whilst packing yesterday one of our cats made me feel slightly guilty :-(

I think she may want to come along to!

The Gatwick flyer will be picking us up between 4:45am and 5:15am then we will finally be on route to Disney world :-D (I'm bursting with excitement), I am a nervous flyer so have a tummy full of butterflies this morning, part of that is excitement the other part fear! But the nerves really don't matter when going to a place like this :-D we will be flying with virgin and are set to take off at 11:15am!

Anyhow I best get my hair straightened and get myself ready, I will keep this updated as often as possible, and I look forward to sharing our holiday with you all! :-D

Last edited by xxpeplyxx; 08-02-2013 at 10:15 PM.
xxpeplyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Currently sitting in wetherspoons, just had a bacon and sausage sandwich, was delicious :-) going through to departures at 8 :-)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

How exciting have fun
Old 08-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
How exciting have fun

Old 08-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

OMG!! Yay!

Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

So I thought it was about time to update this post, we are here had a minor delay at gatwick but nothing too bad, we arrived to storms and rain but do we care! No way we are here that's all that matters!

The flight was fantastic, the staff were fantastic, we felt like we didn't stop eating the entire journey and the entertainment was brilliant in flight competitions :-) the adult winner won a bottle of champagne and the 2 children who won, won a hamper of sweets and goodies each! It was a very good idea and kept both adults and children busy for a while, the food was fine, we had the welcome cocktail with a mini bag of sour cream and chive pretzels, then followed by our main meal, salad, I had chicken korma, and we got a bread roll with it also, the dessert was a lemon gü dessert and was super yummy, this was then followed by an ice cream which was then followed by a cheese and pickle sandwich and a toffee and banana cupcake! I can honestly say I only have good things to say about virgin after that flight!

That was the cupcake and sandwich :-)

Old 08-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Glad things are going ok so far! Hope you have an absolute ball

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sundancer UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

We are staying at the art of animation resort which is fantastic, we are block 8 of the mermaid section, and were Warned before hand of the time it takes to get to the bus stops, food court, shops etc, it took us 10mins and we stopped for pictures along the way, it really is not a long walk at all.

We absolutely love the resort, it's so quirky and uplifting I turned to my mum and boyfriend and said just to have seen this resort makes it worth every penny we spent :-)

Here are a couple more pictures from today!

Oh I must add, I had read a post recently about all refrigerators being fine at the AOA resort, we do not have a fridge so it's just a Pre warning!

Tomorrow (our first full day, YAY) we will be at sea world :-D so I will post again tomorrow :-D

Old 08-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #9
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for more. AOA looks lovely

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Glad you've arrived, your resort looks great, looking forward to more

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Jet lag has arrived, it's currently 3:18am and I'm wide awake! My body is very clearly in UK time still, unfortunately though there is not really much I can do at 3am!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #12
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

So great to hear your liking the art of animation me and my mum are there for 10 days in late August. Good to hear the walk isn't that long aswell, we thought people were probably blowing it out of proportion in respects of how long it actually was so thanks for clearing that up!
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #13
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamorgan View Post
So great to hear your liking the art of animation me and my mum are there for 10 days in late August. Good to hear the walk isn't that long aswell, we thought people were probably blowing it out of proportion in respects of how long it actually was so thanks for clearing that up!
Thats ok :-) I'm sure you'll both love it, it's truly magical and exceeded my expectations!

When I got here and checked in and they said we would be in block 8 I was like :-0 oh man :-( even asked if hey had any upgrade available here that we could pay for (they didn't)
Upon driving round we were like wow, this will be a long walk! Having walked through the middle of the resort it's nothing! As I said 10mins max, and that was at the slow pace taking it all in and taking lots of pictures! We are in room that is overlooking part of the lake and part of the pool! But I'd say even with loads of children on the pool tonight there was no noise that I could here off!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Ooh this is exciting to read. We'll be going to SeaWorld on our first full day (13 days time!). Glad you've got off to a great start, have fun
Claire Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #15
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Hey guys! Sorry for no post yesterday, didn't have wifi until we were back at disney and I was exhausted haha!

We were up at 5am yesterday morning, and started by getting some food in the food court before heading off to seaworld, we had one of their little fruit pots, which is the perfect way to start the day :-)

So onto seaward

We arrived in one piece despite me forgetting to pick up the directions, somehow my brain seems to be rather good at remembering! Also the fact that everywhere is so well sign posted!

We arrived early, So we parked up, and headed straight towards the quick queue self serve machines to get the fast track for the day, it worked out at around $30 each with tax, and was totally worth the wait! We headed straight for manta and did that 2 times, before heading towards blue horizons which as always was amazing! Straight after this we went into journey to Atlantis! Me and mum saying to my partner you don't get to wet on here (honesty we have only ever been slightly splashed)
well we were drowned! And could do nothing but laugh in disbelief!

Then we went onto

Which I must add was fantastic but never make our mistake, don't get drowned on journey to Atlantis then go on the penguin ride! It's sooooo cold in their! Haha! But overall we were wowed by it! It's very cute! If you have children they will love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: