Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
nosnits
Earning My Ears

Favorite/Least Favorite Meals

I have been drooling over the thread that has pictures of the meals served. They all look so good! I often go for the same type of meals when we go out to dinner but am gearing myself up to put myself out there and try some new things when we are on the cruise since I heard you can order something else if you don't like it.

I was wondering what everyone's favorites and least favorites were? What are you dreaming about having when you board your next cruise? I know everyone's tastes are different but I would love to hear about the enjoyments and disappointments that others have experienced. Plus I haven't eaten yet today and food is all I can think about so why not read about it too.
nosnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

My favorite meal on the Dream was potato leek soup, beef tenderloin and the chocolate decadence dessert from the "see ya real soon" menu. I loved the french onion soup, beef tenderloin with lobster, grandmarnier souffle, creme brulee in RP. In EG I really enjoyed the asparagus and crab soup and lobster ravilol. AP was my least favorite MDR but I did like the crunchy walnut cake.

Least favorite meal had to be the pirate night menu. Was really really looking forward to it but was disappointed.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Fantasy Favorite: Remy

Least Favorite: Pirate menu
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Crispy Duck! Well prepared duck is amazing. It is served in Lumiere's/Triton's.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Favorites: Oh, so many... too many to name... the lobster was great, the desserts, the goat cheese and potato appetizer (I held some back to go with the beef I ordered for dinner - yum!). Oh, and I think I ate my weight in salmon on the breakfast buffet with a 1/2 bagel and cream cheese every morning. Palo had a yummy selection of cheeses on the brunch buffet (everything else was good there too)... oh so so many yummy eats!!

Worst Food: Parrot Cay - some kind of Jamaican spice and overcooked/dry meat. Most of our plates went back with lots of food on them.
I was also disappointed in general with all of the Ahi Tuna dishes I ordered - whether appetizer or main course. I requested some wasabi and they brought it right away but it didn't help much. Something about it just didn't seem right. The salmon made up for though and there were certainly plenty of other things to choose from.

1TL Me and 5
2013: Disney Cruise, Galveston/Eastern Caribbean; Coronado Springs 2012: Grand Floridian 2011: Wilderness Lodge 2010: Port Orleans, Riverside:

...and the pre-BHE trips:Disney Cruise, Caribbean 2008; 1999 Annual Passholder; WDW First Visit: 1990

Oh My Goodness this Disboards thing is so addictive... what have I gotten myself into?????

Last edited by SoMosMom; 01-20-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: more stuff I forgot to mention...
SoMosMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Favorite: the popcorn soup. OMG. I tried to explain that to my brother. He was like "wait why was it so good?" I couldn't explain it. I like the scallops with fava bean risotto I had in Enchanted Garden. I really enjoyed everything at Palo's brunch. At Animator's Palette the last night there was a pasta dish with sea food. I normally don't order pasta out because... frankly I can make pasta. Plus this had clams, which I don't eat. My dad ate the clams for me because I wanted to try it. So good! The escargot was yummy. So was the wild boar with latkes.

Least favorite? "The Beauty and the Beast" soup wasn't my favorite. I thought it was a baked potato soup. It had lentils in it. And I didn't like the pirate's menu. I was excited about it and then... eh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: