Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #46
MagicalMawMaw
DIS Veteran

I love my lenox mickey & minnie collectibles. I have the birthday party one, the rowboat, flying high airplane & the picnic one. Those are some of my favorites.

I love the photo my DH & I had done at Epcot a couple of years back of us flying around the castle. My grandkids think that one is awesome! (& this is fun to have done too)

My photopass photos that I make a photobook from are priceless & well as the framed photo I have from our first trip as a family.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #47
LilRonGal
Disney Dreamer

Ornament for the tree and pins! Those are always the best ones for me, so I get some every time I go. And some of the earrings are OK too.

My Disneylicious Blog | My Disney Photo Collection | My Personal Blog
DW 08/01 - ASMusic | DW 05/05 - ASMovies | DL 09/05 - offsite | DW 09/08 - POP | DL 01/09 - offsite
DW 08/09 - POP | DW 01/11 - POFQ | DW 06/11 - POFQ | DW 02/12 - POFQ | DW 02/13 - POFQ | DW 06/13 - POP
LilRonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #48
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Wow, I would have a lot to add to this thread. I have a wall mirror in my bedroom that I got from the former antique store in Liberty Square that gets used every day. I have several pieces of nice jewelry (wearing a gold Mickey Mouse ID bracelet from the late 80's right now) including rings, bracelets, and a beautiful Aurora gold and shell cameo from about 15 years ago. Those will probably last the longest - but I have other items like the old ticket books, that I just have as keepsakes, so they will probably last as well.

I have some shirts that are probably considered "vintage" by now - some with the 20th anniversary logo, some from previous flower and garden festivals. I only wear them at Disney and I am very careful when washing them. They still look like new (although I think the quality of the shirts was better back then too - some of the new shirts wear out pretty quick).
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #49
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

We got my son a t-shirt in 2010 that was running a bit big for him at the time. Two and a half years later, he still wears it a lot, and it's in good condition considering it survived the toddler years with him. It is dark blue and white tie dye with Mickey a la the Sorcerer's Apprentice on the front.
Abby Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #50
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Christmas Ornaments are always a favorite but the things I use all the time that make me smile and remind me of my happy place are my coffee scoop with Mickey's hand at the end of the handle and my wine stopper.

I also collect teacups so I have a few Disney cups and saucers in my collection and my DD is 24 but when she was 3 we took our first trip and bought a Snow White bank. She didn't take it with her when she moved so I put it in my collection and I always smile when I see it and think of the video we made when we kept saying, "Where are you, sweetie?" and she would look at us like we were insane and replay "I'm right here!"

Oh and after a family trip a few years ago my adult niece ordered a throw though one of the photo processing drugstores and it's a montage of photos from the trip and I keep it on my reading chair in my bedroom and cover up with it often. It's fun to look down and see my family in front of the castle.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #51
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer

Back in 2001 I went with a friend to WDW. I bought a white bathrobe with Mickey heads all over it. I still wear it every day. It is so warm and has held up perfectly...infact I'm wearing it right now !!!!
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #52
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan
I bought a hoodie in AK that I love. It's a year and a half old and still looks great. I wear it all the time.

My DD has a Tinkerbell hoodie that she has worn for 2 years that still looks great too. Although she has said that Tinkerbell is childish and she wants a different hoodie now that she is 13.

Both hoodies were worth the money we paid for them.
You can tell DD I'm 42 and love my Tinkerbell hoodie . (I also have a tween and two teens so I'm pretty sure you'd get an eye roll on that comment!).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #53
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I have one of those football jersey inspired t-shirts I bought back in 2008 or 2009 that I love. I have worn that thing until it is no longer presentable for anything more than doing yard work. It has held up really well, and what I like about it over the same style shirts they sell now is that has far less spandex.

I also love my Cinderella etched in glass keychain. It's one of those where the image is etched inside the glass. (sorry not a great description) I have had several, all of which shattered thanks to me dropping them. To be fair, they are glass. When I bought this Cinderella one I told my DD this was the last one, and not to let me get another one if it broke. Well it has been two years, and it hasn't broken yet despite me dropping it several times. It has some chipped edges, but so far so good!
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #54
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

My favorites from our trips are :
Christmas tree ornaments, beach towels from the Water Parks and favorite rides, magnets for the fridge from the different resorts we've stayed at and my coffee mug collection. These are things we can enjoy throughout the year that have wonderful memories attached to them and have lasted beautifully.

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #55
KandyM
Mouseketeer

I have one of those glass key chains. LOVE it. Mine is pink glass with a tiny Tink etched inside. Yes I dropped it and a pretty big chunk broke off but I still love it and I intend to get a new one when I get back to the World!

My favorite souvenir overall is my Mickey Garden Gnome bought at Epcot Flower Festival in 2011. He is so cute out there in my flowers!
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

I accidentally bought a blanket with arms and it was the best purchase ever. I use it EVERY day
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #57
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

My Mickey-ear'd Santa hat...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #58
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Oooh my mugs for sure! I LOVE them all! I buy a new one each trip...it's kinda my thing! hehe I am starting to get to the point with a couple of them that I worry I might drop them because they surely are not replaceable any longer! But I just can't stop using them, I love them so!
Here4mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #59
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

We bought two tshirts in Disneyland Paris four or five years ago that still look very good.
And I bought two Robin hood books in the UK pavilion I didn't have yet I collect them and have 61 books and 14 comics now, plus some brochures and assorted cans etc.

I did manage to break one of our chrismas ornaments when I dropped it But other than that they are doing very well too.

I am looking forward to wandering around the shops too. It's a fun way to keep our head cool.
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #60
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

My ornaments from 2009 broke, but I LOVE my coffee mug. I got the pink Minnie one where she has her robe on, a donut and a cup of coffee, it says mornings aren't pretty. I use it every morning!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: