Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

All my Christmas ornments - dating back decades

Animal Kingdom Tree of Life plaque that hangs above my kitchen window (2002)

Safari Mickey sand globe on my dresser (2002)

Stuffed Pluto (1973 or '74)

Mickey ears "tacky lights" (approx. 2005)

Various very cool pins (2002 to 2013)

We have many other souvenirs that have held up well over the years, these are just my favorites.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #32
bigsteve83
Earning My Ears

When I was a kid, you used to be able to get a personalized name tag. It looked just like the CM nametags, but was red. You could get your name and hometown engraved on it. I seem to remember getting them at the shop across from Tomorrowland Speedway. It was pretty cool because CMs would call you by name anf would strike up a conversation with you if they saw that you were from their neck of the woods. Now, I can't find them anywhere.
bigsteve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #33
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I think in part because I used them rarely (too afraid to lose them). I have a trio of metal bookmarks of Epcot Center (Mickey, Donald and Figment in spacesuits) How old is it? Well the price is $2.50.

Also we have a Minnie Mouse Glass mug which we got in the late 70's that we still use.

Also Tiki Mugs from Polynesian which my parents purchased in the 70's which were used to hold pencils and now belong to me. Still have the Old Walt disney world symbols
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
hutch0830
Earning My Ears

I use my coffee mug the most since it stays at work with me. It's Alice in Wonderland themed. It really brightens up my work day!

ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012
hutch0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #35
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I always get an Ornament and Coffee Mug each trip.... oh and also a Fridge Magnet!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #36
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I love my Mickey Gnome - he sits on my mantle and I smile every time I look at him.

We have the parade CD in the car and love that

DH has a Mickey Watch that he loves - we've replaced the battery and watch band more than once but it's worth it!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #37
Nissi
Mouseketeer

Ānother vote for a Mickey scarf! I got one from the poly that's white with black polka dots, but every few polka dots is actually a Mickey head! I wear it to work all the time and people tell me they love it and then I point out the mickeys and they love it even more!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

My Mickey key chain, but we have the flamingo Mickey at our trailer in NH too! My son also got me the mug with all the animated characters and "mom" a few years ago -- I use that almost daily.

dgaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #39
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Mine are definitely the resort- specific mugs which I bought through the years. I had ALL Stars, Contemporary, Poly, WL.. I used them all the time and they lasted for years! However, once I moved to CHina, something about the hard water (I guess) took all the graphics right off! Lesson learned, last time we got mugs I only use them as pencil holders on my desk. (Unfortunately, that was after they stopped making the resort specific ones.)

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #40
Mom2darlingboys
Mouseketeer

I bought a great salad bowl and tongs that we use ALL the time - it has a green bottom, is really low and not too deep, and inside the bowl is a rainbow patterned outline of Mickey. It always makes guests smile when they see what is in the bottom.

I also love our rubber Disney coasters (so cheerful!), my Mickey head kitchen timer, pick-a-pearl earrings and necklace, mother-and-son matching stuffed Duffys (!!), and my Mickey watch - a great reminder of WDW every time I wear it. DH loves his Grumpy t-shirt collection, and prince shirt that says "Sorry, ladies, I'm taken" - he gets comments on that everywhere he goes!

May 2008 POFQ - May 2009 POFQ - May 2010 CBR - October 2011 POR - September 2012 BWV - February 2013 BC/Poly - December 2013 POR - May 2014 POR/POLY - Dec 2014/Jan 2015 POR
Mom2darlingboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve83
When I was a kid, you used to be able to get a personalized name tag. It looked just like the CM nametags, but was red. You could get your name and hometown engraved on it. I seem to remember getting them at the shop across from Tomorrowland Speedway. It was pretty cool because CMs would call you by name anf would strike up a conversation with you if they saw that you were from their neck of the woods. Now, I can't find them anywhere.
I have one of those too!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #42
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I love my Christmas ornaments. They combine the two things I love...Christmas and Disney!

I also love the carved giraffe from Kenya from AKL I got on our last trip. It reminds me of our special stay at AKL that we did for our animal obsessed/loving daughter. It brings so many wonderful memories for me. Plus, I love that it reminds me of Disney without being something Mickey related.

I also love my Mickey head cookie cutter. Fun way to bring some magic into your day.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #43
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I'm not much of a shopper so I have very few souvenirs. I do have a very old (I'm talking 12-15 years old) long all white Mickey head plush terry bathrobe that I adore. It's threadbare from washing and I'm devastated that I can't find a replacement.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #44
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

I have a few - from when my parents took us when I was younger, I have a small stuffed Mickey and Minnie. I still have them and they are in with my kids toys.
When I went back in high school, I bought a Donald Duck charm and t-shirt. I still wear the shirt around and the charm as well - Donald loved it on my necklace when we were there last Sept!
From one of our recent trips, I have a Mickey pizza cutter - and I smile every time I use it
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #45
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Had to add two more!

My dvd of the parks.. This was put out the the travel channel.. We watch them a lot..
I have also bought a few fan created dvd of the rides, if I feel a little "home sick", also good for playing in background why I clean the house

And my FAV FAV used everyday.. Our my CDs from DL 50th..
It has all the park and ride music on them!!!..
When we are in the car it's the only songs. Can all agree on! .
I loaded them to my iTunes and then stored the CDs so they do not get scratched, so if I need to I reload them later..

So if you looking for something that will put a smile on your face everyday buy some disney music!

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: