Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
SophiasDad
Mouseketeer

Bringing case of water and beer onboard

I've been on 9 Disney cruises and never brought anything onboard. A friend of mine told me that he has brought cases of beer as well as cases of water onboard all the Disney ships. Has anyone else done this. I thought this wasn't allowed? He said they are the only cruise line that allows you to do this.

SophiasDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Yep, it's allowed! Anything you want including liquor. You have to hand carry (no checking it in your bag) and no consuming it in the public areas.

It's great for a nightcap on the verandah.

Happy sailing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

You can do it, IMHO it's a lot of effort to save a $ or two, water on the ship is good, so unless you are using the water got shore trips not worth the effort, bear you save a dollar or two, it's not cold and that is a lot of effort yo cart it on.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

We took some wine and beer on board. It was great to have in the cabin, especially if you have a verandah.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Yes you can but must be in your carry on bags and NOT in checked bags. Easiest if you use some sort of rolling bag like a duffle or suitcase. It must fit through a normal airport type x ray scanner. Cases of beer must be in something.

Also, no consumption in public areas.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

As the PP's have noted, its fine to bring your preferred beverages on board so long as they are in your carry-on luggage as DCL requires.

You may want to re-think the water though. If you're thinking that the water on board is like the water at WDW, it doesn't. The water on board is made the same way as the bottled water you would be bringing and tastes just as good.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I would also skip bringing the water. I am very picky about the taste of water and had no issues with the water on board. As others have said, it is highly filtered which makes it no different than waters like Dasani or Aquafina.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
SophiasDad
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses. I was just asking about the water only because of what my friend said. It would be nice though to have a drink on the verandah prior to dinner! Cheers!

SophiasDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Drusilla99
Mouseketeer

I brought liquor on my last cruise, and that worked out fine. As far as the water, it was easier, and to me, worth the big price, to pre-order a pack of water & a couple packs of beer & have it waiting in our room when we got there.
Drusilla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #10
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
You can do it, IMHO it's a lot of effort to save a $ or two, water on the ship is good, so unless you are using the water got shore trips not worth the effort, bear you save a dollar or two, it's not cold and that is a lot of effort yo cart it on.
DF, I couldn't agree with you more on the water! For me, the price of the case from Disney is well worth me lugging and tagging it.

And you are right… the ships water is great. A water bottle would suffice.
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We haul our own Diet Dr. Pepper onboard because it isn't available on the ship.

The room stewards are really good about replenishing our ice bucket twice a day.

We also like to get a large bottle or two of water to take with us on shore excursions, but buying a whole case of water on the ship is a major rip-off.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Remember that you have to have someone capable of lifting the bag containing the liquid to put it on the conveyor belt at security. It's one thing to roll a bag, but another to lift and lower it.

As for bottled water...not everyone drinks locally filtered municipal water like Dasani or Aquafina. If you are a person that appreciates nice spring water, then you might want to take the bottled water. We do and do not regret it. We don't react well to the water on the ship.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #13
Nax
DIS Veteran

My last cruise I carried on a 12 pack of beer (that's sold on board as well) in a insulated bag that fit it perfectly. No problems, and it went under the radar while drinking in public areas.

Nax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #14
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We take on a case of lager too, in our hand luggage suitcase.
Mick buys the beer token, then he'll buy a beer from the bar, then for the next one, he'll go down to the room and top up the glass from his own collection. He then comes back up to the pool and drinks it. For the next one, he buys it from the bar. It saves us a lot if money that I can then spend on Dooney!!
We would never make it obvious to anyone about doing that.

Others take spirits, get the mixer from the drinks station, go back to the room to add the vodka/gin etc, then bring the paper cup back upstairs.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #15
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Since you're carrying your beverages on, remember that you need to keep it all with you until your stateroom is ready for occupancy. That can be an issue if you are an early boarder and have a lot of carry-ons.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: